The Student Room Group

Predictions for Physics aqa gcse 2016 exam

Does anyone know any common topics which appear frequently in AQA physics papers in P1, P2 or P3???
Any help would definately be appreciated!!

Scroll to see replies

Everything! You can't rely on people's predictions - you'll get into the exam and realise you hadn't revised something because you didn't predict it'd come up, and before you know it you've lost lots of marks. Revise everything thoroughly. Expect everything to appear.
Reply 2
I would say revise everything because predictions can go very wrong. If you listen to someone and that doesn't come up you would be losing a lot of precious marks. Just revise everything thoroughly as you c.an don't rely on predictions
Reply 3
Original post by Tinka99
I would say revise everything because predictions can go very wrong. If you listen to someone and that doesn't come up you would be losing a lot of precious marks. Just revise everything thoroughly as you c.an don't rely on predictions

You've got a good point, but everyone I know who has achieved an A* in Physics has predicted 2 to 3 big topics in each unit...
Reply 4
Original post by H.cool
You've got a good point, but everyone I know who has achieved an A* in Physics has predicted 2 to 3 big topics in each unit...

I am a A*/A Biology, Chemistry and Physics student who has never relied on predictions and always revised everything. I just find them very doubtful and risky that could potentially end up in me not getting the grade I deserve. I do suggest you revise the major topics more that are more likely to be on the papers but you should be ok with the rest as well. You never know what the board will decide to put on and they might decide to put the not so major topics on as they know so many people rely on predictions. Just be careful.
Reply 5
Original post by Tinka99
I am a A*/A Biology, Chemistry and Physics student who has never relied on predictions and always revised everything. I just find them very doubtful and risky that could potentially end up in me not getting the grade I deserve. I do suggest you revise the major topics more that are more likely to be on the papers but you should be ok with the rest as well. You never know what the board will decide to put on and they might decide to put the not so major topics on as they know so many people rely on predictions. Just be careful.

I guess you are right.
Could you at least give me the names of all the major topics please?
Thanks - will do.
Reply 6
Original post by H.cool
I guess you are right.
Could you at least give me the names of all the major topics please?
Thanks - will do.

Biology, Chemistry or Physics topics? Our teachers are always on about predictions and the major topics so I have an idea.
Original post by Tinka99
Biology, Chemistry or Physics topics? Our teachers are always on about predictions and the major topics so I have an idea.

[none]
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Tinka99

Physics topics please, Tinka99.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 9
Original post by James2138
Any 2015 past papers???

What are you talking about?????
Original post by H.cool
What are you talking about?????

Don't worry, I thought you could do past papers from 2015???

WHOOPS! DON'T MIND ME!

Best thing is to go over questions from existing past papers! Can be certainly useful!
Reply 11
OH. That's what you meant!!
I guess so.
Thanks
Original post by H.cool
Thanks in advance!

What board do you do?
Original post by H.cool
Thanks in advance!

These are links to aqa Physics checklist for P1, P2 and P3:
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/content/uploads/2015/03/P1-Checklist.pdf
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/content/uploads/2015/03/P2-Checklist.pdf
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/content/uploads/2015/03/AQA-P3-Checklist.pdf

I would say look though all past papers and compare all of them to see what topics have been present in the papers each year and how many marks the questions have been worth. If a topic has not been in the papers for many years maybe revise that more because there is a chance that might come up. Try to revise the topics that have cropped up more often in the papers. I really don't like predictions so I use paper comparison and try to revise topics more that have been on the papers a lot because they will most likely come up again. I also try to revise the topics that have been on the papers less often or been worth lower marks because they could put that in as it's not been in the papers as much so people are less likely to revise it. Use paper analysis.
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know what types of question came up in June 2015 for physics paper?
Reply 15
Original post by Tinka99
What board do you do?

AQA
Reply 16
Original post by Tinka99
These are links to aqa Physics checklist for P1, P2 and P3:
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/content/uploads/2015/03/P1-Checklist.pdf
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/content/uploads/2015/03/P2-Checklist.pdf
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/content/uploads/2015/03/AQA-P3-Checklist.pdf

I would say look though all past papers and compare all of them to see what topics have been present in the papers each year and how many marks the questions have been worth. If a topic has not been in the papers for many years maybe revise that more because there is a chance that might come up. Try to revise the topics that have cropped up more often in the papers. I really don't like predictions so I use paper comparison and try to revise topics more that have been on the papers a lot because they will most likely come up again. I also try to revise the topics that have been on the papers less often or been worth lower marks because they could put that in as it's not been in the papers as much so people are less likely to revise it. Use paper analysis.

I appreciate the help, but the 3 websites won't load up properly... do you know why?
Original post by H.cool
I appreciate the help, but the 3 websites won't load up properly... do you know why?

This is a very good website for revision;
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/

This website has checklists for B1, B2, B3, P1, P2, P3 and C1, C2 and C3 which are free. The core science videos are free without any charge on the website or you can also find the core science videos on his youtube channel. Type "myGCSEscience" on youtube. You have to pay for the unit 2's and 3's which are only available on the website but it's worth it. Some of the videos you have to pay for have been uploaded by others on youtube so just type "myGCSEscience [unit you want e.g. p2)". I paid for the videos because the unit 2's and 3's were not available a year back but you can access them for free.

This man is great managed to get a C/D student like me up to A*/A.
Reply 18
Original post by Tinka99
This is a very good website for revision;
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/

This website has checklists for B1, B2, B3, P1, P2, P3 and C1, C2 and C3 which are free. The core science videos are free without any charge on the website or you can also find the core science videos on his youtube channel. Type "myGCSEscience" on youtube. You have to pay for the unit 2's and 3's which are only available on the website but it's worth it. Some of the videos you have to pay for have been uploaded by others on youtube so just type "myGCSEscience [unit you want e.g. p2)". I paid for the videos because the unit 2's and 3's were not available a year back but you can access them for free.

This man is great managed to get a C/D student like me up to A*/A.

Sounds good!Will do.Thanks T
I would go through the paste papers that are on-line and then make a tally as to which units come up most frequently. My Physics teacher said that they are unlikely to do a six mark question on a topic that has had a six mark question in the past, if this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest