The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apparently Giggs is not just a yes man and is actually given a lot of responsibility like analysing the opposition which is what Smalling said in a interview recently, surely this is enough reason to not give him the job in the summer.
It makes no sense to continue with LVG, because its always one step forward two steps back. The odd performances against the likes of Derby and Stoke won't cover up the fact that we struggle to win 99% of our games. I'd even go as far to say that we've ventured into Moyes territory, where teams are simply not afraid of us anymore. Therefore I think we need to get rid of LVG and appoint someone who's actually a proven winner in today's football climate, someone like Garry Neville.
Walked past a bookies today and saw Sunderland to win BTTS at 8/1 and was thinking wow what chump would bet on that...

...what chump indeed.
Original post by Stopmessing
It makes no sense to continue with LVG, because its always one step forward two steps back. The odd performances against the likes of Derby and Stoke won't cover up the fact that we struggle to win 99% of our games. I'd even go as far to say that we've ventured into Moyes territory, where teams are simply not afraid of us anymore. Therefore I think we need to get rid of LVG and appoint someone who's actually a proven winner in today's football climate, someone like Garry Neville.

After 26 games van gaal has 41 points after spending a ****load of money. After 26 games, Moyes had more points. It's become starting to become more worse than Moyes's era and it was around this time we sort of gave up on top 4 under Moyes. Rooney's post match interview just says everything. The players and the manager believe we wont make top 4 and if we get knocked out Europa, then our season could effectively be over by mid March :eek:.

But no. Not Gary Neville.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
My badge is still on.

You wanted him out halfway through last season too which would have been a mistake. So I'll play the waiting game for now (again). I'm struggling though.

Lets be honest Van Gaal does need to go. This is worse than Moyes but the appointment made has to be sensible.
DDG should be keeping out both of those goals today. The guy's obviously class, but he's cost you three points today. Obviously, he'll save you more points than that over the course of the season though.
Original post by Mackay
DDG should be keeping out both of those goals today. The guy's obviously class, but he's cost you three points today. Obviously, he'll save you more points than that over the course of the season though.

Unfair say that Mackay.

First one he was expecting his defence to clear out a simple ball. Not his fault they are are bunch of incompetent tossers.

Second one was just unlucky. Clearance hit him in the back and summed up our game.
Kenan confuses being a true red with being deluded so i'm not sure backing a manager who is running this club to the ground makes you a bigger supporter.
Original post by sr90
Who says Giggs wants to take over now? He's not going to turn things around in 12 games (especially when we have about 6 fit senior players and the transfer window is closed) and it would ruin his credentials for getting a future job - i'm talking any job not just United.

He needs to take over a team that isn't low on confidence and in crisis.

He would but I don't think a negative spell (if it involved United losing of his games) affect him getting another job. People on the outside accept the squad is not in great condition as you've noted so he'll be fine regardless. If he does well and somehow nabs a top four place whilst playing some good football then it puts Woodward in a difficult position to just give the job to Jose without a second's thought. But deep down Woodward would hate having to, ya know, make a tough and decisive football decision so he's hoping LVG's reign trudges along to its predictable ending so he can bring Mourinho in which he knows would be accepted as a majority decision by fans.
Original post by jam277
Lets be honest Van Gaal does need to go. This is worse than Moyes but the appointment made has to be sensible.

I don't think bringing in a new manager is going to change whether we get Champions League qualification (either through the league or Europa). Rather just let LvG finish the season and let him have a shot at both. Wouldn't say his position is absolutely untenable yet but close to it.

Original post by Rk2k14
Kenan confuses being a true red with being deluded so i'm not sure backing a manager who is running this club to the ground makes you a bigger supporter.

Nope, I don't actually.
500m revenue baby

#Unit£d
If Moyes wasn't British he'd have been given more time.

Imagine United fans moaning about Mourinho when he's a proven winner and plays better football than LVG. Hoping you make another mistake and appoint Giggs, then Neville, Then Phil until you run out of the Class of 92 to go through and end up with Robbie Savage
Original post by Mackay

I disagree.

You maybe have an argument for the first but certainly not the second - that was pure bad luck.
In addition he made several top saves (that I know for a fact Mignolet would've let in). The guy makes world class saves in pretty much every game he plays.

Even the best keepers are human - remember the mistake Neuer of all people made vs Arsenal?
DDG for me makes the list for the top 5 keepers in the world. He's amazingly consistent and saves United points every bloody week. Today it just wasn't enough.

With the football United have played this season, I can't even begin to imagine how far they'd be down the table without that man.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
If Moyes wasn't British he'd have been given more time.

Imagine United fans moaning about Mourinho when he's a proven winner and plays better football than LVG. Hoping you make another mistake and appoint Giggs, then Neville, Then Phil until you run out of the Class of 92 to go through and end up with Robbie Savage

Inb4 Robbie Savage wins treble and becomes the next SAF
He can't even win Stricctly
Reply 4535
What did LVG's red badge say?
Reply 4536
Original post by NJA
What did LVG's red badge say?

Perhaps the words of

this song
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Manchester United
500m revenue baby

#Unit£d

I don't get how people can complain about the Glazers fleecing money when they've spent 250M in the past 2 seasons, more than pretty much every team in europe.

No point sacking LVG right now(sh0uld have gone in december) but he does need to go.
The right time was after Stoke and it didn't happen. It's too late now. May as well just leave things, until the failure has been guaranteed.
Original post by jam277
I don't get how people can complain about the Glazers fleecing money when they've spent 250M in the past 2 seasons, more than pretty much every team in europe.

No point sacking LVG right now(sh0uld have gone in december) but he does need to go.

Talk about net spend @Dirtybit

Latest