The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Productive day, but I'm starting to zone out so I'll call it a night. I've done enough revision for today - covered FP2, did an M3 past paper, covered a chunk of FP3 vectors (still a lot to go!) and I covered Physics Unit 5 astrophysics.

Woah, that is productive! Good on you. :biggrin:

Re: adapted papers. I tend to prefer doing mocks instead of working through past papers, so the adapted papers are a little weird in the sense that they're not out of 75 and it's slightly disconcerting doing them as mocks (how much time should give myself, for example?), so I'm unsure about working through them!
Reply 121
Original post by Student403
Not sure I can say the same as I've only done one paper - but it seemed alright :colondollar:

Here ya go

hahahaha mate, these are basically my notes! :redface: thank you anyway, though :biggrin:

My teacher who marks Unit 6 usually marks leniently so I don't usually know whether I'm doing alright in it or not. I've had the same issue with Unit 3 but I ended up doing alright in that...
Reply 122
Original post by Zacken
Woah, that is productive! Good on you. :biggrin:

Re: adapted papers. I tend to prefer doing mocks instead of working through past papers, so the adapted papers are a little weird in the sense that they're not out of 75 and it's slightly disconcerting doing them as mocks (how much time should give myself, for example?), so I'm unsure about working through them!

I get you - that's exactly how I felt looking at them. I think most of these questions might be in the book as review exercises as well. I think you could give the legacy papers a go, though. They're official Edexcel papers rather than adapted ones!
hahahaha mate, these are basically my notes! :redface: thank you anyway, though :biggrin:

My teacher who marks Unit 6 usually marks leniently so I don't usually know whether I'm doing alright in it or not. I've had the same issue with Unit 3 but I ended up doing alright in that...

Oooh okay - good luck!
Reply 124
Alright, so the day started pretty slow despite waking up early. I had plenty of errands to run and I started revising late.

C4 - June 2015: Marks attained: 69/75, Time remaining: 25 minutes

I felt like this was a very interesting paper, but I did pretty poorly because of sloppy work i.e. forgetting that P was given in thousands and forgetting to multiply by two. Kinda disappointed because I barely got an A*, but this is a wake up call to focus on exam technique.

Spoiler

I helped my friend with a few C4 questions so it kinda accounts as revision for my mock :tongue: Anyone looking to try a nice C4 vector problem should try IAL June 2014's last question.

Time to attempt finishing my goals.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good luck, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Just give it your best shot! :thumbsup:

And McGill is certainly a very good choice! :yep:
Reply 126
Original post by Indeterminate
Good luck, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Just give it your best shot! :thumbsup:

And McGill is certainly a very good choice! :yep:

Thank you, Indeterminate :biggrin: I'm trying hard at the moment and I really hope I can sustain a good work ethic.

Have you had friends go to McGill before? I want to hear back from ICL and then make my final decision.
Thank you, Indeterminate :biggrin: I'm trying hard at the moment and I really hope I can sustain a good work ethic.

Have you had friends go to McGill before? I want to hear back from ICL and then make my final decision.

Can't say I have (just heard the name). The only foreign university that I've had friends go to is Stanford :bigsmile:

But I'd certainly recommend ICL! :yes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 128
I've managed to finish learning the FP3 vectors content. I gave myself a short, easy test and got full marks!:woo:

Time to brush up on my uncertainties and I should be ready for C34 and Physics Unit 6 tomorrow. :biggrin:

For anyone wondering what my test was on:

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 22.30.54.png
Can't say I have (just heard the name). The only foreign university that I've had friends go to is Stanford :bigsmile:

But I'd certainly recommend ICL! :yes:

*gasp* who!?

I've managed to finish learning the FP3 vectors content. I gave myself a short, easy test and got full marks!:woo:

Time to brush up on my uncertainties and I should be ready for C34 and Physics Unit 6 tomorrow. :biggrin:

Well done dude!!!

Good job! :woo:

I'm going to steal that test and do it myself. Could you link me the answers pretty please :flutter:
Reply 131
Original post by Zacken
Good job! :woo:
I'm going to steal that test and do it myself. Could you link me the answers pretty please :flutter:

It's pretty simple! Here you go :biggrin:

Spoiler

It's pretty simple! Here you go :biggrin:

Spoiler

Is it a recent paper? :-)
Reply 133
Original post by Zacken
Is it a recent paper? :-)

It's a legacy paper, so nope, don't worry!
It's a legacy paper, so nope, don't worry!

Perfecto! Many thanks.
*gasp* who!?

2 guys who I went to school with :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
2 guys who I went to school with :biggrin:

That's amazing!
That's amazing!

Indeed :biggrin:

But being amongst so many people smarter than me was a rather humbling experience :lol:
Indeed :biggrin:

But being amongst so many people smarter than me was a rather humbling experience :lol:

It'll be even more of an experience for them at Stanford. Not that Cambridge isn't full of geniuses but half the people there are entrepreneurs - they'll be among people with the next big startups!
It'll be even more of an experience for them at Stanford. Not that Cambridge isn't full of geniuses but half the people there are entrepreneurs - they'll be among people with the next big startups!

That's true :yep:

Personally I'll be keen to see how university life in the US differs from here because I've heard so much about it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending