The Student Room Group

How do you manipulate people?

My impression is you have to get people to make judgements based on their emotions rather than logic

You have to play with their desires to either be loved, to feel morally superior etc.
If you can make someone show mercy to you, that enables you to walk right over them.

I don't know how you people manipulate others. Can anyone give me some insight.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bedtime now ...
Original post by TeeEm
bedtime now ...

I spend most of my hours thinking about punishing others for crossing me
I think you're tired.
You should go sleep
And you will wake up tomorrow forgetting about this manipulating nonsense

Good night xo
Being able to easily manipulate people is seen as a characteristic of psychopathy.
Go to sleep
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I don't.

Spoiler

I manipulate people by acting hungry for something they have when insidiously I am making them want something from me.
oh and also if you have XX chromosomes, get the baps out :rofl:
Original post by ATLHustler
Being able to easily manipulate people is seen as a characteristic of psychopathy.

i actually manipulate people case by case. i wrote a 3 page manifesto for how i was going to manipulate a girl i met. she was absolutely abominated by me but then i got her to come round to me.
manipulation is not something i do subconsciously, it is not effortless for me. i am not a psychopath. i feel sympathy all the time. i cry easily. sometimes i show no sympathy towards those who get in my way
Original post by Ethereal World
I manipulate people by acting hungry for something they have when insidiously I am making them want something from me.

O.O

:holmes:
Original post by ACJHealy
Start with asking seemingly meaningless favours and expand that to the point they feel involved in your affairs and therefore guilty of any wrongdoing, they'll then do anything one may ask in order to resolve it, which furthers the cause for oneself. This theorem is employed by Derren Brown in his recent social experiment 'Push' C4. Oh and I didn't mention it, but, obviously don't actually involve them in your affairs, just make it seem so, you wouldn't want to be vulnerable yourself.
bookmarked
Original post by Student403
O.O

:holmes:

I'm only saying that as a retort to what PC had in his spoiler :h:
Reply 12
Original post by CantGainWeight
My impression is you have to get people to make judgements based on their emotions rather than logic

You have to play with their desires to either be loved, to feel morally superior etc.
If you can make someone show mercy to you, that enables you to walk right over them.

I seem to do it without even thinking about it - I have to make a conscious effort to not manipulate people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ethereal World

You've now changed to being hungry? What happened to your thirsty phase? :wink:
Original post by CantGainWeight

Idg why you want to manipulate people :lolwut:

I can be subconsciously very manipulative and I don't realise I have been until afterwards. I know how to get what I want and how to press people's buttons. My head of sixth form even said to me before I dropped out "do you find it easy to persuade people to do what you want?"
Original post by Andy98
I seem to do it without even thinking about it - I have to make a conscious effort to not manipulate people

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel you. How do you find you tend to do it?
Reply 16
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I feel you. How do you find you tend to do it?

I find that my general self loathing makes others do things out of sympathy. As well as other things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never said it was my opinion, its what psycholoogists and psychiatrists use to diagnose. Go and google the psychopathy checklist, and you'll see, being manipulative is on there, hence its seen as a characteristic of psychopathy.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You've now changed to being hungry? What happened to your thirsty phase? :wink:

Thirst, hunger, they're all a metaphor for desiring satiation of some form. :wink:
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Idg why you want to manipulate people :lolwut:

I can be subconsciously very manipulative and I don't realise I have been until afterwards. I know how to get what I want and how to press people's buttons. My head of sixth form even said to me before I dropped out "do you find it easy to persuade people to do what you want?"

lol

i know that feel. i have such a good relationship with my teachers. even though i almost never did their work, i always managed to be in their good books. i think teachers are a lot more different than any other person. they have different emotional needs. i dont know what it is but i think i always got them to make their judgements towards me in an emotionally clouded way

Quick Reply

Latest