The Student Room Group

How would you revise for R.E?

it would be helpful if you have tips for AQA board :smile: thanks!
Mind maps.
PRACTICE QUESTIONS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW.
Memorise exam technique,
Original post by hxfsxh
Mind maps.
PRACTICE QUESTIONS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW.
Memorise exam technique,

Mind Maps, Flow Charts and Labelling. They all help you memorise links between different aspects of the question, for example: if I gave you 3 points that you have expand on, this could be easily achieved when you relate them all together, this can the help explain by covering all the bases.
Learn like 3 quotes from the Bible and then remember "Ahimsa means non-violence" and use that whenever you want.

R.E GCSE exams are marked by question separately, so you can just use the same quotes in different questions and they won't realise.
I am telling you this: not even paper is recycled as much as RE exam questions
I looked at psst papers and bullet pointed the answers to each question. I made revision cards too. And yeah if you're wondering this got me an A* :tongue:
Original post by champ_mc99
I am telling you this: not even paper is recycled as much as RE exam questions
I looked at psst papers and bullet pointed the answers to each question. I made revision cards too. And yeah if you're wondering this got me an A* :tongue:

I did this and got an A* too! You just have to look for patterns in questions.
I'm on AQA.

I have mind maps on how to answer the questions for their mark value (because I was originally answering mine all wrong as our teacher didn't teach us how to answer them but now I know I'm getting near full marks)

Mind maps with the topic in the middle e.g 'Animal Rights' and then key words with definitions around incase one of the 2 mark questions asks for a definition (or you need to define in a 4 mark answer).

Mind maps of religious quotes. We are doing Christian and Islam for the first paper and a whole range of religions for the second, make sure you write down also what the quote means.

Flash cards with a trigger word/picture on one side, and the quote on the other just so you don't go mind blank and use 'thou shall not kill' for everything in the exam

Also time management, idk if it's just me but I find it really hard to produce quality answers with less than 20 minutes per topic, my hand always aches by the end so at home I try to practice under time.
Reply 7
Original post by caitlinford3
I'm on AQA.

I have mind maps on how to answer the questions for their mark value (because I was originally answering mine all wrong as our teacher didn't teach us how to answer them but now I know I'm getting near full marks)

Mind maps with the topic in the middle e.g 'Animal Rights' and then key words with definitions around incase one of the 2 mark questions asks for a definition (or you need to define in a 4 mark answer).

Mind maps of religious quotes. We are doing Christian and Islam for the first paper and a whole range of religions for the second, make sure you write down also what the quote means.

Flash cards with a trigger word/picture on one side, and the quote on the other just so you don't go mind blank and use 'thou shall not kill' for everything in the exam

Also time management, idk if it's just me but I find it really hard to produce quality answers with less than 20 minutes per topic, my hand always aches by the end so at home I try to practice under time.

Thanks, the way your school does it seem really difficult, in my school we learn christianity and buddhism for both units only. you know for the last/6 markers, my teacher told me evaluate. what does that mean? same as conclusion or something?
Reply 8
I studied Buddhism and Christianity as well. Focus on learning what each religion thinks about each topic. For Christianity, look at different branches of the religion. Learn about what Catholics and Anglicans believe and how that differs.

Evaluate means essentially to look at the positives and negatives about it and contrast different points of view.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Katty3
I studied Buddhism and Christianity as well. Focus on learning what each religion thinks about each topic. For Christianity, look at different branches of the religion. Learn about what Catholics and Anglicans believe and how that differs.

Evaluate means essentially to look at the positives and negatives about it and contrast different points of view.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh thanks, thats sounds much more simple than what i made it out to be
Reply 10
No problem. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Evaluating on a six marker basically means (considering you to Christianity and Buddhism) one agree quote from them both, explain it and say how it causes a religious person to act, one disagree quote from them both, explain it and say how it causes a religious person to act, include some of the ethics and why it may be morally right and morally wrong, and then come to a conclusion. It's so tight that you have to include ALL of that for the six marker in 6-8 minutes!
Well, I had a question in my GCSE paper that was literally the exact same as a past paper question I had done. Key word: past papers :biggrin: Gl!
you state that PE is a non academic waste of time... yet you take RE... interesting...
Original post by Jasminem97
you state that PE is a non academic waste of time... yet you take RE... interesting...

RE is compulsory...
I didn't even care about my RE exam, I just gave wrong answers and drew a nyan cat on the last page.

I got an F.
Past papers/mark schemes/handouts from lesson
I got an A* doing that, not that the subject is hard.
I did RE..smmarise all the theories and views...memorise them...write all essays..timing has to be good...I got an a*
big talk for a 16 y/o

Quick Reply

Latest