The Student Room Group

hard gcse question

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manuel132
well why did he solve the question then if it was my question..

the guy said nothing wrong yesterday so why were you being *******s to him? he wasn't even hijacking' but you accused him of

i am so lost with this whole reply, but here goes

I said that it was probably zacken who said "irrelevant thrash" in a thread yesterday because it definitely wasn't me. I didn't accuse him (him being zacken?) of hijacking, you are accusing me of hijacking
Reply 21
Original post by DylanJ42
i am so lost with this whole reply, but here goes

I said that it was probably zacken who said "irrelevant thrash" in a thread yesterday because it definitely wasn't me. I didn't accuse him (him being zacken?) of hijacking, you are accusing me of hijacking

soory if t wasn't you but i thought you were on zacken's side... i am accusing you of hijacking because your post was the same to the guy's post and you saw it so i don't expecct you to do same if he was wrong
(edited 8 years ago)
How is it that I got a strong A at AS maths ...

but I can't solve this question :frown: Should I kill myself?
Reply 23
Original post by Mayhem™
well that sucks

dude can you inbox me the solution cuz i understood your explanation better than his? if not, explain it to me again
soory if t wasn't you but i thought you were on zacken's side

I posted the traingle gcse question for you to try afterwards, then you accused me of hijacking :dontknow:

Im not on any "side", im just very confused if im honest

but im sorry for hijacking
You form a simultaneous equation:

X=y/3
X+12=y/2

I'm sure everyone knows what happens next
Reply 26
I posted the traingle gcse question for you to try afterwards, then you accused me of hijacking :dontknow:

Im not on any "side", im just very confused if im honest

but im sorry for hijacking

he psoted a question because he needed an answer from the OP and he was accused of hijacking so why would you post a question which is irrelevan trash to my post. at lest you should have answered the question first. a question doesn't answer a question
Reply 27
Original post by stopopups

X=y/3
X+12=y/2

how about the first one?
Reply 28
Original post by stopopups

X=y/3
X+12=y/2

i keep on getting 72 for her mother's age, do you know why?
Reply 29
Original post by Dinasaurus
12 and 36
24 and 48

This wasn't very hard at all.

do you know why i got 72 for her mother's age? thanks

i still don''t get how you got the 36
do you know why i got 72 for her mother's age? thanks

i still don''t get how you got the 36

12 is a third of 36. 24 is half of 48.
12x2 = 24. 36+12=48. 24x2=48.

There was no method that I used, I knew it was an even number. I knew it had to be a big enough number that doubling it wouldn't be insignificant, like 1 and 3.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Dinasaurus
12 is a third of 36. 24 is half of 48.
12x2 = 24. 36+12=48. 24x2=48.

i get it thanks. how about this.

three consecutive positive integers are written on a piece of paper. the square of the largest integer is 64 greater than the square of the smallest integer. find th value of each integer
he psoted a question because he needed an answer from the OP and he was accused of hijacking so why would you post a question which is irrelevan trash to my post. at lest you should have answered the question first. a question doesn't answer a question

i have no idea what zacken did so dont question me on it

your question was being answered so i thought id leave it to others, as i said before, if you don't want more questions to do then i wont post another one for you :biggrin:
Reply 33
i have no idea what zacken did so dont question me on it

your question was being answered so i thought id leave it to others, as i said before, if you don't want more questions to do then i wont post another one for you :biggrin:

i want more.. zacken didn't do well yesterday, did he??

and answer my previous maths question
i get it thanks. how about this.

three consecutive positive integers are written on a piece of paper. the square of the largest integer is 64 greater than the square of the smallest integer. find th value of each integer

I am an idiot, I thought you meant 64 times the square of the smallest and I was really struggling.

These questions can just be done by brute-forcing them, quite quickly. Most people should know their square numbers up to 12 quite easily, so you should know this doesn't apply to any of them, which eliminates those.

All you need to do is just try from 12 onwards, so 12,13,14. 13,14,15 and so on. It should be found pretty quickly.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
i want more.. zacken didn't do well yesterday, did he??

and answer my previous maths question

i dont know?

what have you tried?
Reply 36
i dont know?

what have you tried?

i keep on getting 72 for her mother's age, do you know why?

72 wouldn't work btw, because although 24 is a third of 72. 36 is not half of 84. Also that age gap between the parent and child seems a bit big so I wouldn't think of it lol.

yes i read it, what have you tried?
Reply 39
yes i read it, what have you tried?

i don't get it

Quick Reply

Latest