The Student Room Group

Mega A Level Maths Thread - Mark V

Scroll to see replies

Can someone just confirm for me the dates for D1, M1, C2, C3 and C4 for AQA?

I'm not sure I'm getting the codes right in the PDF.

Cheers.
Original post by Student403
You gotta remember tho that you're looking for 270/300

Just cause you don't get 90UMS or 71 raw im M5, you may very well make up for it (and probably will, if you're of the M5 standard) in other lower modules

I guess so, plus M5 is add. further maths most likely, and an A* in it would be hard id say
Original post by DylanJ42
I guess so, plus M5 is add. further maths most likely, and an A* in it would be hard id say

Perhaps but it will also have (apparently - I am only speaking from the chart) easier modules like S3/4 and M3

Also my exam board Edexcel distributes your modules to give you the highest grade, so if for example in FM you do well in the FPs, fhey might put your 70UMS M5 in your FM A level and your 98UMS M3 in AFM to give you A*s in both
Last year my modules were C1 (95) C2 (94) M1 (88)- mare C3 (87)- redoing C4 (83)- redoing and M2 (94).
This year my modules are FP1 FP2 FP3 M3 M4 S1.

Predicted A* in maths and A in further maths. Hopefully will get 2 A*s.
Perhaps but it will also have (apparently - I am only speaking from the chart) easier modules like S3/4 and M3

Also my exam board Edexcel distributes your modules to give you the highest grade, so if for example in FM you do well in the FPs, fhey might put your 70UMS M5 in your FM A level and your 98UMS M3 in AFM to give you A*s in both

I am with edexcel too, you're right yea, so long as your other modules were good it might not matter so much

Spoiler

I am with edexcel too, you're right yea, so long as your other modules were good it might not matter so much

Spoiler

Haha no all good :biggrin: As much as I loved mechanics, it was my 2nd lowest module last year (stats was even lower) so I guess I'm not as good at applied lol
Haha no all good :biggrin: As much as I loved mechanics, it was my 2nd lowest module last year (stats was even lower) so I guess I'm not as good at applied lol

I choose S3 because it was shorter than M3, but i would rather have done FP4 if it existed for edexcel

although some of TeeEms mechanics questions look very fun, so maybe some mechanics would have been good
I choose S3 because it was shorter than M3, but i would rather have done FP4 if it existed for edexcel

although some of TeeEms mechanics questions look very fun, so maybe some mechanics would have been good

All my other friends who chose to do an applied3 module chose stats - and they've told me it's a pretty good module so I'm sure you've chosen fine!

Yeah his questions scare me :s-smilie:
All my other friends who chose to do an applied3 module chose stats - and they've told me it's a pretty good module so I'm sure you've chosen fine!

Yeah his questions scare me :s-smilie:

its decent but some parts are very boring i suppose :yawn:

feels so nice to get one right though :biggrin:
its decent but some parts are very boring i suppose :yawn:

feels so nice to get one right though :biggrin:

Oh absolutely haha
Original post by Renzhi10122
Yeah, I count 17 who will definitely get invited so you have a pretty good chance. But still nothing yet...

Why they taking so long. Wat a joke lol.
Yh I know that kying chan lee is international so he cnt be invited and two of the girls who got 20 I assume are since they werent put in the egmo.
@Duke Glacia

Hey man!

Would you mind sharing some tips about how you went about learning M4 Relative Motion? I am slowly getting it in to my head but would appreciate some tips from the master himself :3
@Duke Glacia

Hey man!

Would you mind sharing some tips about how you went about learning M4 Relative Motion? I am slowly getting it in to my head but would appreciate some tips from the master himself :3

that chapter took me a long time and i think @Gome44 might be able to give u some amazing tips but just understand the example questions and do tons of practice(work out the revision exercise after finishing the chapter). I didnt use any external resource (would have scored higher if i did).But i heard lewin has some nice lectures on realtive motion. gd luck
Original post by Duke Glacia
that chapter took me a long time and i think @Gome44 might be able to give u some amazing tips but just understand the example questions and do tons of practice(work out the revision exercise after finishing the chapter). I didnt use any external resource (would have scored higher if i did).But i heard lewin has some nice lectures on realtive motion. gd luck

Oooh I loved Lewin - shame what happened to him. Thanks a lot for the help :biggrin:

And thank you in advance Gome44 if you have any tips :redface:
Oooh I loved Lewin - shame what happened to him. Thanks a lot for the help :biggrin:

And thank you in advance Gome44 if you have any tips :redface:

i went to MIT to meet him. Im sure that incident had somethin to do with his age(alzheimer etc). He was an amazing person
i went to MIT to meet him. Im sure that incident had somethin to do with his age(alzheimer etc). He was an amazing person

WOW that is awesome! I am very jealous of you :giggle:
WOW that is awesome! I am very jealous of you :giggle:

only 10 min tho. Dnt worry youll be seein Manjul Bhargava everyday:colondollar:
Someone give me a C3/4 challenge.. I'v never been challenged by any questions from its material
Reply 178
Original post by GeologyMaths
Someone give me a C3/4 challenge.. I'v never been challenged by any questions from its material

Go and do my Special papers ...
only 10 min tho. Dnt worry youll be seein Manjul Bhargava everyday:colondollar:

Wouldn't that be amazing :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest