The Student Room Group

Need help on this... :(

I really want help on how to revise for Psychology, I'm aiming for an A if not a B! However I need really good revision tips that will allow me to remember things easily and for a long period of time.

I know the basic revision tips such as flashcards,mindmaps, past papers but they don't seem to help much! Is there other ways?

Thank you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Which examining board are you sitting?

I suggest you practise past papers.
When doing this be precise, learn how to answer the question, and learn to write your answers logically and coherently.
I suggest you read and mentally test yourself. Learn a lot of studies and how to elaborate on evaluation (IDA, GRENADES- hope you're familiar with these)
Original post by LemonadeAspire
I really want help on how to revise for Psychology, I'm aiming for an A if not a B! However I need really good revision tips that will allow me to remember things easily and for a long period of time.

I know the basic revision tips such as flashcards,mindmaps, past papers but they don't seem to help much! Is there other ways?

Thank you :smile:

You could try:
- teaching others
- recording yourself and listening back to it
- repeating things aloud
- revising with classmates
- drawing diagrams
- making a song of it
- a silly story to help it stick
- making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
- writing things over and over again
- using colour
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AthiaKarim
I suggest you read and mentally test yourself. Learn a lot of studies and how to elaborate on evaluation (IDA, GRENADES- hope you're familiar with these)

What is IDA and GRENADES?
Original post by Black Rose
What is IDA and GRENADES?

It was something my teacher made up, but it seemed that when I was revising for psychology in 2014 on tsr, others came across these terms. I'm sure you have too, they're just acronyms.

Generalisability
Reliability/Reductionist
Ethical issues
Nature vs Nurture
Androcentric
Deterministic
Ethnocentric

That's on the top of my head
Ida= individual differences

All of these should be included in your evaluation alongside studies (which you obviously have to critique Individually/ apart from unit 3)
Original post by Black Rose
You could:
- teaching others
- recording yourself and listening back to it
- repeating things aloud
- revising with classmates
- drawing diagrams
- making a song of it
- a silly story to help it stick
- making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
- writing things over and over again
- using colour

Thank you so much!! :smile:
Original post by AthiaKarim
It was something my teacher made up, but it seemed that when I was revising for psychology in 2014 on tsr, others came across these terms. I'm sure you have too, they're just acronyms.

Generalisability
Reliability/Reductionist
Ethical issues
Nature vs Nurture
Androcentric
Deterministic
Ethnocentric

That's on the top of my head
Ida= individual differences

All of these should be included in your evaluation alongside studies (which you obviously have to critique Individually/ apart from unit 3)

Yess!! We are getting onto that soon but thank you so much! :smile:
Remember your AO1 (facts and knowledge), AO2 (application of knowledge to scenario Q's) , AO3 (evaluate/ GRAVE/GRENADE)

What is the question actually asking you to do?

Have a look at the AQA revision checklist I've uploaded on the other thread - EVERYTHING you need to know for your exams.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LemonadeAspire
Yess!! We are getting onto that soon but thank you so much! :smile:

You're welcome

Don't leave revision till last minute

Good luck xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending