The Student Room Group

16 and small boobs?

Hey, so I'm sixteen going on seventeen, and I have small boobs.

I'm not the thinnest person, but I'm not exactly fat either. I always see posts about slim and curvy, and I fit in neither. I have wide hips, am really short (5 ft 2) and have a not very well defined chest. I feel really self-concious, and am really insecure about my figure.

Should I be, and is there anyway I can fix it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry because they can still grow I was 32a till I was 22 and now I'm 32c.
Reply 2
Original post by sabana
Don't worry because they can still grow I was 32a till I was 22 and now I'm 32c.

Okay, that's a relief.
please don't feel insecure :smile: I know that being short and having small breasts has its advantages, mainly the fact that your chest won't bother you as much when you exercise. Oh, and the low centre of gravity that short people have make them better at certain sports :smile:
Reply 4
your breasts dont stop growing until your 19ish, i used to feel self conscious about my breast size at your age but they grew and they feel great now, I used to be 28B and now i am 28DD/30D two years later, i am more confident in my body. as you get older you will learn that its not just breast size that makes you sexy/attractive, most guys dont prefer big sizes they prefer an average size.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I'm 25 and a 32a. Have been my whole life. I used to be crazy self conscious about it, but as I've got older I've become more comfortable with myself. Have confidence in yourself, honestly the men I've gone out with don't care at all. We're all different!

If you are really unhappy to the point where it's affecting your everyday life then you could always look into breast enlargement in the future but you're still young. Give it time, you might learn to love them. I guarantee you're probably the only one who even notices. :h:
Birth control with estrogen causes growth and then there's surgery, of course.

But neither of those things are what you need. The first can have bad side effects and the second, when you're only 16, can cause long-term problems.

You're gorgeous and you're only going to get more gorgeous as you age. You don't need to be self-conscious about something a lot of 16 year old women struggle with. You're perfect just the way you are.
#firstworldproblems
Small boobs have their advantages, plus they can still grow as you get older. Sometimes I look at mine and I swear they've gotten bigger:giggle:
Wonderbra.
Original post by shawn_o1
please don't feel insecure :smile: I know that being short and having small breasts has its advantages, mainly the fact that your chest won't bother you as much when you exercise. Oh, and the low centre of gravity that short people have make them better at certain sports :smile:

Yeah, thanks.

I still suck at sports though :-P

Original post by mkap
your breasts dont stop growing until your 19ish, i used to feel self conscious about my breast size at your age but they grew and they feel great now, I used to be 28B and now i am 28DD/30D two years later, i am more confident in my body. as you get older you will learn that its not just breast size that makes you sexy/attractive, most guys dont prefer big sizes they prefer an average size.

Spoiler

Original post by Alice__90
I'm 25 and a 32a. Have been my whole life. I used to be crazy self conscious about it, but as I've got older I've become more comfortable with myself. Have confidence in yourself, honestly the men I've gone out with don't care at all. We're all different!

If you are really unhappy to the point where it's affecting your everyday life then you could always look into breast enlargement in the future but you're still young. Give it time, you might learn to love them. I guarantee you're probably the only one who even notices. :h:

Original post by ThatOldGuy
Birth control with estrogen causes growth and then there's surgery, of course.

But neither of those things are what you need. The first can have bad side effects and the second, when you're only 16, can cause long-term problems.

You're gorgeous and you're only going to get more gorgeous as you age. You don't need to be self-conscious about something a lot of 16 year old women struggle with. You're perfect just the way you are.

Yeah, thanks, I guess it is still early. I don't think I'd ever undergo surgery, it's just too damn scary. I hope it does normalise, a lot of girls in my school are the same size as me.

I feel so awkward talking about this subject, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who faces stuff like this.

Original post by Mystery.
#firstworldproblems

I live in India......so yeahh......not exactly a first world.
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Small boobs have their advantages, plus they can still grow as you get older. Sometimes I look at mine and I swear they've gotten bigger:giggle:

Original post by uberteknik
Wonderbra.

Yeah, but is it just me, or is bra shopping kinda awkward, especially where I live. But, it is a good idea though.
Nothing wrong with having small boobs. A lot of guys like/dont mind small boobs
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, but is it just me, or is bra shopping kinda awkward, especially where I live. But, it is a good idea though.
Body shape is a genetic inheritance.

Look at the other older women on both sides of your immediate family (female siblings of both your mother and father and grandparents). That will give you a reasonable idea of what to expect as you get older.

As others have said, don't fret or sweat over this. Being a teenager is in many ways the hardest time of life as your body changes and your personality matures.

How you deal with self-conciousness is important as it sets you up for later life.

I know it's hard when there is peer and social pressure from all quarters, but you do need to ignore that and learn to be comfortable in your own skin or it will lead to low self-esteem and a lack of confidence.

Radiate beauty from the inside and no-one who matters will notice anything else.

Smile often.:h:
Original post by loveleest
Nothing wrong with having small boobs. A lot of guys like/dont mind small boobs

Yeah! Thanks!

Original post by uberteknik
Body shape is a genetic inheritance.

Look at the other older women on both sides of your immediate family (female siblings of both your mother and father and grandparents). That will give you a reasonable idea of what to expect as you get older.

As others have said, don't fret or sweat over this. Being a teenager is in many ways the hardest time of life as your body changes and your personality matures.

How you deal with self-conciousness is important as it sets you up for later life.

I know it's hard when there is peer and social pressure from all quarters, but you do need to ignore that and learn to be comfortable in your own skin or it will lead to low self-esteem and a lack of confidence.

Radiate beauty from the inside and no-one who matters will notice anything else.

Smile often.:h:

Thank you! This is great advice! The older women in my family all have pretty big boobs, tbh. They're all on the big boobs, wide hips side. I do have wide hips, but not big boobs. I actually act like it doesn't bother me, so outwardly I'm pretty confident, but I do have my insecurities.
Original post by Mystery.
#firstworldproblems
So what? Go away.
Original post by R.Coleman
Good luck finding a decent boyfriend lol.

On the contrary, a 'decent' boyfriend would be one who valued my personality more than my boobs. A guy who rejected me for having small boobs would probably not last long as a bf anyways.

And also, I don't care about having boobs for getting a boyfriend, I just want to look pretty. Not everything revolves around getting a boyfriend.
Reply 17
Yeah, thanks.

I still suck at sports though :-P

Yeah, thanks, I guess it is still early. I don't think I'd ever undergo surgery, it's just too damn scary. I hope it does normalise, a lot of girls in my school are the same size as me.

I feel so awkward talking about this subject, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who faces stuff like this.

I live in India......so yeahh......not exactly a first world.

you can always pm me :smile:
On the contrary, a 'decent' boyfriend would be one who valued my personality more than my boobs. A guy who rejected me for having small boobs would probably not last long as a bf anyways.

And also, I don't care about having boobs for getting a boyfriend, I just want to look pretty. Not everything revolves around getting a boyfriend.

Well who are you looking pretty for then? Apart from for attracting a mate it's pointless.
Thank you!

Original post by mkap
you can always pm me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending