The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AweysAbdul
I had a Maths interview at 9.25 but I'm not sure if I was to meant to have another one or wait around. As soon as the teacher took me done, I left. I so regret not asking... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, i didn't look at the list at all and left as soon as my first interview was done. But one of the students told me that second interviews were for drama or music students only.
Original post by goldenusername
What was your poem? I had to do sonnet 114 :frown:

I had to do Music When Soft Voices Die by Percy Shelley. Id've done a sonnet any day
Original post by goldenusername
Me too, i didn't look at the list at all and left as soon as my first interview was done. But one of the students told me that second interviews were for drama or music students only.

Ahh, the relief! So the people doing drama and music had an extra interview with the head?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AweysAbdul
Ahh, the relief! So the people doing drama and music had an extra interview with the head?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what a student told me, what was your interview subject?
Who had a History interview? Mine was so quick and I heard that if its longer it means the interview was better?
Original post by docmartensgirl
Who had a History interview? Mine was so quick and I heard that if its longer it means the interview was better?
I haven't actually spoken to anyone who had an interview in History. I doubt that to be honest, the teachers seemed to be in a rush as they did have to get through 500 students but I'm sure that's not the case :smile:
Reply 1506
I did an interview in English lit and although I feel it didn't go badly I am very conscious of the preference for FSM and the number of people being interviewed. How did anyone else find English lit?
Reply 1507
Original post by Thedaniellamary
I had mine at 10, I wore a red coat and blue dress with white swans. I spoke to a girl doing Art, another girl who as doing Spanish, 2 sciences and maths and had an interview with the headteacher and another girl but I can't remember what her interview subject was.

I think I was the other girl. Dark hair, stripy top, talks way too much?
Original post by leammd
I did an interview in English lit and although I feel it didn't go badly I am very conscious of the preference for FSM and the number of people being interviewed. How did anyone else find English lit?

I have absoutely no idea like it can go either way.
Original post by leammd
I think I was the other girl. Dark hair, stripy top, talks way too much?
ah were you the girl who moved onto the table? I think I remember you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by docmartensgirl

I did! I felt like it was quick. Did you analyse the source about purgatory?
Reply 1511
ah were you the girl who moved onto the table? I think I remember you :smile:

That was me!! How did your interview go?
Original post by leammd
That was me!! How did your interview go?
I felt I did alright, it went rather quick or it definitely felt it did. I was kind of disappointed that half of the interview wasn't spent talking about something I liked but all in all it was fine. What about you? :smile:
Reply 1513
I felt I did alright, it went rather quick or it definitely felt it did. I was kind of disappointed that half of the interview wasn't spent talking about something I liked but all in all it was fine. What about you? :smile:

I thought it went okay. She asked me what I was doing in class and I ended up talking about animal farm context and then we did Sonnet 147. It felt quick but if I go over it in my head we talked for longer than it felt like. She didn't write many notes which worries me a bit.
Original post by leammd
I thought it went okay. She asked me what I was doing in class and I ended up talking about animal farm context and then we did Sonnet 147. It felt quick but if I go over it in my head we talked for longer than it felt like. She didn't write many notes which worries me a bit.

You had a she? I had a he and he didn't take much notes either.
Reply 1515
How were the maths interviews? How well did u guys think they went??
Anyone have an interview next week or the week after that?
Hope the interview went well for all of you! It was a pleasure talking to some of you in the main hall whilst you anxiously waited for your interviewer to call your name :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Got my physics interview today :biggrin:
Original post by kennethdcharles
Got my physics interview today :biggrin:
good luck :smile:

Quick Reply