The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I disagree.

You maybe have an argument for the first but certainly not the second - that was pure bad luck.
In addition he made several top saves (that I know for a fact Mignolet would've let in). The guy makes world class saves in pretty much every game he plays.

Even the best keepers are human - remember the mistake Neuer of all people made vs Arsenal?
DDG for me makes the list for the top 5 keepers in the world. He's amazingly consistent and saves United points every bloody week. Today it just wasn't enough.

With the football United have played this season, I can't even begin to imagine how far they'd be down the table without that man.

DDG's obviously class. That isn't in doubt. If Mignolet let in that second, though, I'd be raging. I think DDG was more culpable than is being suggested.
Original post by jam277
I don't get how people can complain about the Glazers fleecing money when they've spent 250M in the past 2 seasons, more than pretty much every team in europe.

Still doesn't excuse the 10 years of under investment before that which we're still suffering from today.
Original post by sr90
Still doesn't excuse the 10 years of under investment before that which we're still suffering from today.

To what extent do you blame this on SAF though?

You needed a CM for years, and he just didn't buy one.

And who did you replace Ronaldo with?

And he let Tevez go to the other side of Manchester.
Original post by swirly
To what extent do you blame this on SAF though?

You needed a CM for years, and he just didn't buy one.

And who did you replace Ronaldo with?

And he let Tevez go to the other side of Manchester.

To no extent. It wasn't his job to set up the squad for future managers, and he probably didn't realise how **** it was considering he won 5 PL's, a League Cup or 2, and a CL (and reached 2 finals) in his last 8 years with that same pool of players.
Original post by KeyToSuccess
To no extent. It wasn't his job to set up the squad for future managers, and he probably didn't realise how **** it was considering he won 5 PL's, a League Cup or 2, and a CL (and reached 2 finals) in his last 8 years with that same pool of players.

Thats why SAF is the GOAT.

but he didn't set up the team for himself either. The fact that he brought Scholes out of retirement is testament to that.

And who was acutally bought to replace Ronaldo? Nani?
Original post by swirly
Thats why SAF is the GOAT.

but he didn't set up the team for himself either. The fact that he brought Scholes out of retirement is testament to that.

And who was acutally bought to replace Ronaldo? Nani?

Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan

Pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by swirly

Valencia was the best winger in the league for a while
Happy for Welbeck, Arsenal fans probably the most annoying (well on tsr its alright but irl annoying as ****) but i admire thier club and thier class.

Hopefully Leicester push on and dont go on a slump and win the PL. If not, then Arsenal is the best bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah Ferguson kinda left the team for dead.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Happy for Welbeck, Arsenal fans probably the most annoying (well on tsr its alright but irl annoying as ****) but i admire thier club and thier class.

Hopefully Leicester push on and dont go on a slump and win the PL. If not, then Arsenal is the best bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WTF IS THIS.

wow.
Original post by swirly
WTF IS THIS.

wow.

Im more surprised that he said Arsenal have class.

Mad scenes.
Weirdly enough if City were to lose today you're only 6 points behind.

Although best case scenario would be for City to draw.
Original post by Rk2k14
Im more surprised that he said Arsenal have class.

Mad scenes.

rk pls.

you dont even know about the class in cranberry juice.
Original post by swirly
rk pls.

you dont even know about the class in cranberry juice.

Swirly the type of guy to talk about class but don't even drink Dom P.
Original post by Rk2k14
Swirly the type of guy to talk about class but don't even drink Dom P.

'Girls out in London don't even wear engagement rings' - Kanye West
Original post by jam277
Weirdly enough if City were to lose today you're only 6 points behind.

Although best case scenario would be for City to draw.

City will almost certainly win I reckon. Spurs always disappoint.
Doesn't matter about Ferguson. 250M was spent on the squad, was that squad any worse than Chelsea 03 that Ranieri was managing on a shoestring budget? Look how quick it took for Chelsea to get good despite 'years of under investment' that's just ******** spouted to make up for the fact you wasted money from the Moyes era and are unable to get a squad to gel.

Don't even think that much investment was needed. New wingers/forward, couple of CMs and a replacement for any old player that left.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
City will almost certainly win I reckon. Spurs always disappoint.

So do City. Think City will lose tbh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Doesn't matter about Ferguson. 250M was spent on the squad, was that squad any worse than Chelsea 03 that Ranieri was managing on a shoestring budget? Look how quick it took for Chelsea to get good despite 'years of under investment' that's just ******** spouted to make up for the fact you wasted money from the Moyes era and are unable to get a squad to gel.

Don't even think that much investment was needed. New wingers/forward, couple of CMs and a replacement for any old player that left.

So do City. Think City will lose tbh.

Don't really see the point you're trying to make? That we wasted money under 2 incompetent managers? Strong analysis.

Considering we let quite a lot of old players leave that whole point is invalid.
Original post by Rk2k14
Don't really see the point you're trying to make? That we wasted money under 2 incompetent managers? Strong analysis.

Considering we let quite a lot of old players leave that whole point is invalid.

The point is firstly the squad isn't as bad as you lot make it out to be and secondly blaming the Glazers for their cheap money saving tactics(that happened from 09-13) is nothing short of retarded. It's just being mismanaged.(Mata on the wing, Martial playing wide, Depay coming off the bench, Di Maria coming off the bench, lack of knowledge of a good midfield combination)

You wasted money from the Moyes era but LVG has bought players that are suitable for the team.

Latest