The Student Room Group

Ovulation Pain

Or more well known as 'Mittelschmerz'

Anyone else go through it? It hurts so much, and this month it's my right side :sad:
First time I've heard it called that...

Hope it passes soon anyway. :hugs:
Reply 2
I feel ovulation but it doesn't really hurt. You should probably see a doctor if it does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ivybridge
First time I've heard it called that...

Hope it passes soon anyway. :hugs:

Mittelschmerz or ovulation pain?

Thank you, I have to go through double this per month :angry:

:hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Mittelschmerz or ovulation pain?

Thank you, I have to go through double this per month :angry:

'Mittelschmertz' but I get it :smile:

:frown: :console:

:lovehug:
Reply 5
Original post by Katty3
I feel ovulation but it doesn't really hurt. You should probably see a doctor if it does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, paracetamol usually relieves it. I was just curious on how many others feel it :smile:
Me. I can actually feel the bloody side (haha get it?:colone:) it happens on. It's like dracula's effin leeching on my ovaries.:mwuaha: But don't worry, its quite common and I hope you get better soon. I understand what a cactus it can be:jumphug:
Reply 7
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Me. I can actually feel the bloody side (haha get it?:colone:) it happens on. It's like dracula's effin leeching on my ovaries.:mwuaha: But don't worry, its quite common and I hope you get better soon. I understand what a cactus it can be:jumphug:

The pain has gone a bit now but I guess it's nice knowing which ovary my egg is coming from :colone:
Reply 8
I got this every month without fail. For me it was like sharp glass stabbing my lower abdomen, my bum and vagina all at once. It lasted about half an hour and would literally make me fall to the floor in agony. The first few times I got it I thought I had appendicitis or something because the pain was so strong. It happened every month without fail since I was 12 and got tests done to see if I had cysts or anything but they all came back clear and got diagnosed with ovulation pain - mittelschermz or however you spell it. It was that bad that I went on the pill to prevent in. I still get a similar pain while on the pill every so often but it only lasts a few secs or mins and it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive never had before but wondering if i am this month. Im on day 11 of my cycle and my lower stomach aches ans ive had tiny bit of brown blood... could this be from ovulating??
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Ive never had before but wondering if i am this month. Im on day 11 of my cycle and my lower stomach aches ans ive had tiny bit of brown blood... could this be from ovulating??

Probably ovulation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's quite normal for it to hurt, for some people it hurts and for others it doesn't. Also depends on your pain threshold.
hi i can tell that im ovulating, loads of discharge thinking about sex a lot and i noticed i get pain, not as bad as period pain but i notice it, is this ovulation pain?
Yer I get is as well, always have done. For the first few years I didn't have any period pain just ovulation. Good to know I'm not the only one 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest