The Student Room Group

How many past papers do i need to do to get As

i plan on finishing all the content by mid march for all subjects(maths further maths chemistry economics a levels) and not sure how many i shu dbe aiming to do for each subject??
Original post by youreanutter
i plan on finishing all the content by mid march for all subjects(maths further maths chemistry economics a levels) and not sure how many i shu dbe aiming to do for each subject??

While i appreciate what you're trying to ask, there isn't really some magic formula to doing well in exams. No one can sit here and tell you that if you do 71 past papers you'll definitely get an A, because everyone is different and what works for some people won't for others. I would say the following though:

1. Make sure you are doing past papers after you've learnt all the content, there isn't much point doing papers if you keep having to stop because you don't understand certain topics.

2. Prioritise the past papers with the toughest UMS boundaries first (e.g. if normally full ums is 75/75, you should prioritise papers where full is lower e.g. 71/75, since those papers typicallly have lower boundaries for a reason)

3. I found it useful to keep a spreadsheet of what papers I had done, as well as my score in the paper and any topics I messed up. Hope this helped somewhat

Quick Reply

Latest