The Student Room Group

Why are Europeans & UK so unconcerned about migrant rapists?

I've never seen anything like what we are witnessing today. Mass amounts of people breaking into nations - a native peoples home, and sitting in their towns like it's ok, whilst the host nation are forced to home and support them - Burdened.

Of course, this type of demand is somehow deemed acceptable in the 'civilized' world yet there is nothing fair or acceptable about the risk we have to take for this constant harassment. It's not our responsibility to feed mankind in England or Europes gates. What do we get back from this? a 'tolerant' medal? sounds like a good deal.

Oh, and Muslims nations don't take anybody, neither does the East Asian or South Asian nations. Hmmmm.

Now, we have mass reports of of this risk being played out in the form of the host nations women being assaulted, raped and subjected to criminal behaviour - yet again, being tolerant, then it's the hosts being punished - fall guy.

Yet, UK & Europe are doing nothing but defend, defend and defend or 'there are 1.2 billion bla bla bla'. How can people not be alarmed? Nobody's even demanding deportations yet as soon a Muslim woman is attacked the same people claim there is a mass outbreak of islamophobia and how we must stop 'racism'?:curious:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Historically there have been far larger migrations of people.
I dont think people are unconcerned about rapists, but if some happen, then you have to identufy why and tale appropriate teps against the perpetrators. I dont think you have to tar everyone with the same brush and balme everyone.

The reason we accept refugees is becayse we are signed up to a convention which agrees to offer people feeling persecution from their home country, sanctuary in the form of regugee status. Noboy made us sign that agreement. Most of the world are signatories.

Think youll find certain muslim nations dont take any, but other muslim nations take far moe than the EU or the UK. Dont generalise or if you do then at least tell the truth.

No need to demand deportations as people who are found not to be genuine refugees are deported..You should go and read up if you are interesting in having an informed opinion.
Must be da joos anti goyim mustard plan.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Historically there have been far larger migrations of people.
I dont think people are unconcerned about rapists, but if some happen, then you have to identufy why and tale appropriate teps against the perpetrators. I dont think you have to tar everyone with the same brush and balme everyone.

The reason we accept refugees is becayse we are signed up to a convention which agrees to offer people feeling persecution from their home country, sanctuary in the form of regugee status. Noboy made us sign that agreement. Most of the world are signatories.

Think youll find certain muslim nations dont take any, but other muslim nations take far moe than the EU or the UK. Dont generalise or if you do then at least tell the truth.

No need to demand deportations as people who are found not to be genuine refugees are deported..
You should go and read up if you are interesting in having an informed opinion.

That's certainly the theory. But the reality is that many people who have their asylum applications declined simply vanish into thin air.
People are alarmed. Who says they're not? but what would you have us do? what is the proper response?
Original post by Howard
That's certainly the theory. But the reality is that many people who have their asylum applications declined simply vanish into thin air.

True, but then the focus should be on having a system which doesnt let them banish and has enough resoruces to track down and deport efficiently. No problem with that at all.
Reply 7
Original post by saeed97979797

Or it could be the joos anti-parestine plan ta kil da muslim brotha and daily mail wnt kill the islam
Original post by Catholic_
Or it could be the joos anti-parestine plan ta kil da muslim brotha and daily mail wnt kill the islam

lol i couldnt give a toss. Youre the ones who are so hell bent on proving that there is some kind of evil master plan against goy kind.
Original post by Catholic_
I notice you ignored the mass rapes. Looks like you need to tackle an entire debate instead of parts which suit you. Hold on, I realize your the person my thread refers to :wink:

Nope am quite happy to discuss the issues, except you ignored all the points I made.

In terms of asylum seekers commiting crimes, then they ought to be tried and if guilty, then deported once they have finished their sentences.

In terms of the organised events that happened over the new year, then thats a worrying development. Besides identifying and prosecuting the perpetrators, they then have to understand how and why it all happened and take proportionate preventative measures. That would mean a review of policy to decide how to handle the ones that are here and what changes they need to make concerning ones that may yet attempt to come.

People in the UK and Europe are concerned, but the response of overnment should be intelligent rather than hysterical.
Reply 10
True, but then the focus should be on having a system which doesnt let them banish and has enough resoruces to track down and deport efficiently. No problem with that at all.

Agreed.
Reply 11
Original post by saeed97979797

We cannot b stopped nao

We bad goys 4 life :fuhrer:
The reason we accept refugees is becayse we are signed up to a convention which agrees to offer people feeling persecution from their home country, sanctuary in the form of regugee status..
the problem is that most of the people coming to EU countries are not asylum seekers. Asylum seekers, by the terms of the conventions we signed, have to stop in the first "safe" country they reach, and ask for asylum there. But most people arriving are in fact economic migrants : they want to reach the richer "Northern" countries, so they avoid being identified in the first "safe" country (usually Greece, Italy, Malta or Spain).

If they reach Germany or Sweden etc, they will claim asylum there : since they usually have no identity papers (or perhaps bought some fake Syrian passport in Istanbul), procedures for ascertaining that they are actually in danger are quite lengthy. In the meantime, they may leave the shelters, go underground, work illegally, even set up families and have kids...

In fact, very few of them get eventually deported back .... In the long run, however, this process is self-defeating : as the strain on our welfare systems grows, conditions for migrants will worsen, and the incentive for migration will be strongly reduced. But this will take years... in the meantime, people will suffer uselessly

What I wrote is not valid for persons who actually are being persecuted (such as many Syrians, Lybians), but those are a minority.
Original post by mariachi
the problem is that most of the people coming to EU countries are not asylum seekers. Asylum seekers, by the terms of the conventions we signed, have to stop in the first "safe" country they reach, and ask for asylum there. But most people arriving are in fact economic migrants : they want to reach the richer "Northern" countries, so they avoid being identified in the first "safe" country (usually Greece, Italy, Malta or Spain).

If they reach Germany or Sweden etc, they will claim asylum there : since they usually have no identity papers (or perhaps bought some fake Syrian passport in Istanbul), procedures for ascertaining that they are actually in danger are quite lengthy. In the meantime, they may leave the shelters, go underground, work illegally, even set up families and have kids...

In fact, very few of them get eventually deported back .... In the long run, however, this process is self-defeating : as the strain on our welfare systems grows, conditions for migrants will worsen, and the incentive for migration will be strongly reduced. But this will take years... in the meantime, people will suffer uselessly

What I wrote is not valid for persons who actually are being persecuted (such as many Syrians, Lybians), but those are a minority.

1, Not asylum seekers. = All the more reason to have well resourced immigration services and procedurs to efficiently identify economic migrants and refuse, reject and deport them.

2. First safe country. Theres nothing in the 51 convention claiming an individual has to apply in the first safe country. They can apply where they like. There is a set of rules which are an administrative measure called the Dublin Rules, which determine how in the EU should take responsibility, but there are also exceptions. One of the problems with the Dublin rules is they dont work as it puts an unfair burden on the countries on the outer parts of the EU. Several countries have suspended the Dublin rules as unworkable, People who have entered bia Italy and most importantly Greece are not sent bacck due to legal cases which suggest its illegal due to the conditions in their immigraion systems.

3. We agree about how many go missing. So thats one area that needs to be addressed. They do need a rethink on how they deal with treaty obligations, but relative to other countries, the UKs refugee intake is modest.

4. A bigger strain comes from general legal migration from the EU. Theres a tendency to use the general term migrants when ofc there are 2 groups. Oustide the EU, from inside the EU and asylum seekers.
There is a set of rules which are an administrative measure called the Dublin Rules, which determine how in the EU should take responsibility,
thank you for your answer. If I find time, I might get back to your points

just a small rectification : the Dublin Regulation is not just an "administrative measure" it is a fully-fledged European Law

"The Dublin Regulation (Regulation No. 604/2013; sometimes the Dublin III Regulation; previously the Dublin II Regulation and Dublin Convention) is a European Union (EU) law that determines the EU Member State responsible to examine an application for asylum seekers seeking international protection under the Geneva Convention and the EU Qualification Directive, within the European Union"

As you can see, it replaces the previous Dublin Convention, a fully-fledged international Convention, and is in fact part of the EU's implementation of the Geneva Convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation

by the way, the wikipedia article is highly critical of the Dublin regulation -would be interesting to explore further

best
I was already scared to go out alone after dark because of home grown rapists. Adding a few more makes no difference to my behaviour.
Lord Jenner can't remember who he raped but remembers the 6 million.

British elite are full of pedophiles.
Original post by mariachi
thank you for your answer. If I find time, I might get back to your points

just a small rectification : the Dublin Regulation is not just an "administrative measure" it is a fully-fledged European Law

"The Dublin Regulation (Regulation No. 604/2013; sometimes the Dublin III Regulation; previously the Dublin II Regulation and Dublin Convention) is a European Union (EU) law that determines the EU Member State responsible to examine an application for asylum seekers seeking international protection under the Geneva Convention and the EU Qualification Directive, within the European Union"

As you can see, it replaces the previous Dublin Convention, a fully-fledged international Convention, and is in fact part of the EU's implementation of the Geneva Convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation

by the way, the wikipedia article is highly critical of the Dublin regulation -would be interesting to explore further

best

No need. I was a bit lax, but I think we have a degree of agreement at least on what the issues are. You cna read plenty of articles which explain Dublin and cases which illustrate why its no longer applied. they were never meant to cope with such an influx. The EU will need to scrap Dublin and come up with a fit for prupose stragey and set of rules.

Regards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending