The Student Room Group

Could you be in a long term relationship with a person that makes a minimum wage sala

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Mason
No, but I am just giving you an example.
I like to see everyone's opinions,and i accept everyone's opinions.
But there is a saying called forgive and forget, and you must forget and move on.
My threads are controversial but thought provoking.

You've shown on here many times you don't accept everyone's opinions, you go as far as to tell people they're not being truthful about their opinions purely because you don't agree with them/ cannot comprehend them.

I don't have to do anything. Your views, opinions and values form who you are as a person. They are the very things that make you who you are. So why should I just forget the things that make you who you are and pretend I respect you? I simply don't, and I'm not going to be dishonest about it.

Thought provoking...sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
You've shown on here many times you don't accept everyone's opinions, you go as far as to tell people they're not being truthful about their opinions purely because you don't agree with them/ cannot comprehend them.

I don't have to do anything. Your views, opinions and values form who you are as a person. They are the very things that make you who you are. So why should I just forget the things that make you who you are and pretend I respect you? I simply don't, and I'm not going to be dishonest about it.

Thought provoking...sure.

Okay Sophie, but not agreeing to accept, forgive and forget just makes you a smaller person, as I have forgiven you and other rude tsr posters.
I have plenty of tsr members that respect me and my views
Yes.
Okay Sophie, but not agreeing to accept, forgive and forget just makes you a smaller person, as I have forgiven you and other rude tsr posters.
I have plenty of tsr members that respect me and my views

That is your opinion, but I disagree no it doesn't. I'm not exactly holding a grudge for something you did or said years ago and have since changed. I'm holding an opinion of you based on your current views. You seem to think you're entitled to a get off scott free card and undying respect from others regardless of what you say or do. Well I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Good for you, but they have nothing to do with me and are irrelevant in my opinion.
There are countless things I think more important than money.
That is your opinion, but I disagree no it doesn't. I'm not exactly holding a grudge for something you did or said years ago and have since changed. I'm holding an opinion of you based on your current views. You seem to think you're entitled to a get off scott free card and undying respect from others regardless of what you say or do. Well I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Good for you, but they have nothing to do with me and are irrelevant in my opinion.

So why are you punishing me for having an opinion that is not causing harm?
I am currently not offending anyone, so I do have the right to not be judged, I do deserve respect.
You're a rude person.
No, but I am just giving you an example.
I like to see everyone's opinions,and i accept everyone's opinions.
But there is a saying called forgive and forget, and you must forget and move on.
My threads are controversial but thought provoking.

You did not accept what I said just today on this very thread that how much someone earns wouldn't affect whether I wanted to date them.

IF you ask people's views you need to be able to understand that not all of those views will be the ones you want to hear.

No-one needs to 'forgive and forget' the awful opinions you have when you still have them and won't apologise for them.
So why are you punishing me for having an opinion that is not causing harm?
I am currently not offending anyone, so I do have the right to not be judged, I do deserve respect.
You're a rude person.

I'm not "punishing" you. Please explain how this is in any way a punishment? Or can you just not deal with being disliked? And I have already explained the harm aspect of this argument.

No, no one has the right not to be judged. Clearly you have and continue to offend people on this forum on a daily basis. I personally don't think you do deserve respect. And I don't care how much you disagree, if you can't handle the fact that I don't respect you then perhaps you should block me and stop responding to my comments?

I have not been rude in this thread to you at all. I have been quite civil.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
You did not accept what I said just today on this very thread that how much someone earns wouldn't affect whether I wanted to date them.

IF you ask people's views you need to be able to understand that not all of those views will be the ones you want to hear.

No-one needs to 'forgive and forget' the awful opinions you have when you still have them and won't apologise for them.

PRSOM.

But I have actually apologized, but you must have not seen it.
Yes and I accept that, but I should still be given another chance
But I have actually apologized, but you must have not seen it.
Yes and I accept that, but I should still be given another chance

Why so I give you 'another chance'? I don't owe you that. You tried to tell me that I was wrong about what I want from a romantic relationship, telling me I 'need a man to provide' for me. I do want a loving, mutually supportive relationship but that doesn't need to be with a man. And when I say 'supportive' what I'm looking for is emotional support. I want to be with someone who meets my emotional needs and wants me to meet there's.
Why so I give you 'another chance'? I don't owe you that. You tried to tell me that I was wrong about what I want from a romantic relationship, telling me I 'need a man to provide' for me. I do want a loving, mutually supportive relationship but that doesn't need to be with a man. And when I say 'supportive' what I'm looking for is emotional support. I want to be with someone who meets my emotional needs and wants me to meet there's.

O Kay I apologize, now can I get my second chance?
O Kay I apologize, now can I get my second chance?

No.
I'm not "punishing" you. Please explain how this is in any way a punishment? Or can you just not deal with being disliked? And I have already explained the harm aspect of this argument.

No, no one has the right not to be judged. Clearly you have and continue to offend people on this forum on a daily basis. I personally don't think you do deserve respect. And I don't care how much you disagree, if you can't handle the fact that I don't respect you then perhaps you should block me and stop responding to my comments?

I have not been rude in this thread to you at all. I have been quite civil.

Because you're denying me a basic and fundamental request that costs you nothing, and even if I were to apologize and save a few polar bears, you would still deny.
Who am I still offending?I guarantee you that I am no longer offending anyone on tsr.
I refuse to block anyone.
No.

I do not see in what you get from being difficult.
When a person apologizes you must accept it.
Just yes and we can move on
Because you're denying me a basic and fundamental request that costs you nothing, and even if I were to apologize and save a few polar bears, you would still deny.
Who am I still offending?I guarantee you that I am no longer offending anyone on tsr.
I refuse to block anyone.

A basic and fundamental request? I think you confusing this with rights. Also it does cost me something, my moral compass and self respect.

How about SmallTownGirl for starters and every single others persons views you have dismissed because you can't comprehend someone thinking differently to you? I constantly see you posting things you know will offend people. And then act all confused an innocent when people get hostile or say they dislike you or call you bigoted.

Then don't complain about my responses then, you could very easily ignore them or stop replying but you don't. I wonder why.
(edited 8 years ago)

No, no one has to do that.

You just can't handle the fact she has no reason to accept your apology nor does she have to.
Yeah

You don't understand why it's not acceptable to ask controversial questions and then when people disagree with your opinion you tell them they're lying or don't know what they're talking about.

I don't need to accept your 'apology'. I don't need to 'move on'. You're a random offensive ******** on the internet. You mean nothing to me. You post offensive stuff purely to annoy and anger people.
You don't understand why it's not acceptable to ask controversial questions and then when people disagree with your opinion you tell them they're lying or don't know what they're talking about.

I don't need to accept your 'apology'. I don't need to 'move on'. You're a random offensive ******** on the internet. You mean nothing to me. You post offensive stuff purely to annoy and anger people.

I cam see that you have some type of anger issues, so I will end this discussion, but should reflect back on this and learn in how to communicate to people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending