The Student Room Group

PGDIP - how long to hear after applying

Hey everyone,

I applied for post grad children's nursing last wednesday (no deadline missed, still open for applications), and was wondering how long it took for everyone else to hear whether they had an interview or not?

is it approximately 2 weeks or can it take longer?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone able to help? Not just pgdip but all courses, just wanting to know how long I need to be patient for :-)

Reply 2
Original post by jolly81
Hey everyone,

I applied for post grad children's nursing last wednesday (no deadline missed, still open for applications), and was wondering how long it took for everyone else to hear whether they had an interview or not?

Thanks!

I think it really does depend on the university, most of mine took a few weeks to get back to me about test days and/or interviews. 3 out of five of mine invited me to do numeracy and literacy tests first before being invited to interview, the other two had tests and interview on the same day. I've now gone through the whole process of applying for PGDip so if you need any help let me know? What universities have you applied to?
Reply 3
Original post by cazcar19
I think it really does depend on the university, most of mine took a few weeks to get back to me about test days and/or interviews. 3 out of five of mine invited me to do numeracy and literacy tests first before being invited to interview, the other two had tests and interview on the same day. I've now gone through the whole process of applying for PGDip so if you need any help let me know? What universities have you applied to?

HI, have you possibly been to an interview for city or lsbu or UWL ?
Reply 4

I've applied to bournemouth sept 16 and southampton jan 17, I only applied 10 days ago so not expecting miracles but just wasn't sure when to start getting impatient! 😂

I'm guessing you were successful with your app? Do you have a healthcare background? I'm completely switching from investment banking so have such little experience but have wanted to work on neonatal for 3 years now and finally have the chance to apply.

Original post by jolly81
I've applied to bournemouth sept 16 and southampton jan 17, I only applied 10 days ago so not expecting miracles but just wasn't sure when to start getting impatient! 😂

I'm guessing you were successful with your app? Do you have a healthcare background? I'm completely switching from investment banking so have such little experience but have wanted to work on neonatal for 3 years now and finally have the chance to apply.

I've applied for the adult PGdip at Bournemouth! I applied on Jan 6 and still waiting to hear (they're the only uni I haven't heard from!) x
Reply 6
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
I've applied for the adult PGdip at Bournemouth! I applied on Jan 6 and still waiting to hear (they're the only uni I haven't heard from!) x

Oh brilliant! Thanks,that makes me feel much better :-) I've applied for childrens but I've read there's only 22 places 😬

Original post by jolly81
Oh brilliant! Thanks,that makes me feel much better :-) I've applied for childrens but I've read there's only 22 places 😬

No problem! I actually emailed them the other day to make sure they had my application! They emailed me this morning to send over some certificates - but quoted the undergraduate degree as opposed to PGDip?! I know some universities offer applicants they like the look of an alternative offer if there's no room left - for example on grad entry medicine, they sometimes offer applicants an UG offer instead, so could be the same for us? I'll let you know if I hear anything else :smile: and good luck! X
Reply 8
Thanks! You too :-) I never realised just how competitive nursing is until applying!

Fingers crossed :-)

Reply 9
Original post by nkoran
HI, have you possibly been to an interview for city or lsbu or UWL ?

Yes, I've actually been for tests with all three but only interviews with City and UWL (I had an interview booked for LSBU but I withdrew due to my other offers, I've heard it's a MMI style interview though)
Reply 10
Yes, I've actually been for tests with all three but only interviews with City and UWL (I had an interview booked for LSBU but I withdrew due to my other offers, I've heard it's a MMI style interview though)

Ok any tips or hints with for city and UWL interviews please
Original post by nkoran
Ok any tips or hints with for city and UWL interviews please

What in particular would you like to know? :smile:
Original post by jolly81
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Jolly81,

I am a student ambassador here at Bournemouth University.

To process applications on average it takes up to 6-8 weeks. However this does differ from time to time.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon.
Good luck on the application and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :smile:

Gemma :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by GemmaJewell2
Hi Jolly81,

I am a student ambassador here at Bournemouth University.

To process applications on average it takes up to 6-8 weeks. However this does differ from time to time.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon.
Good luck on the application and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :smile:

Gemma :biggrin:

Great thanks very much Gemma!

Reply 14

Hi, I applied late for the PGDIP in adult nursing and heard today for a maths and literacy test, haven't heard from my other choices City and Napier yet!
Original post by Debbieb
Hi, I applied late for the PGDIP in adult nursing and heard today for a maths and literacy test, haven't heard from my other choices City and Napier yet!

Where have you got the maths/literacy test? I don't think there is really a 'late' for the PGDips as much as the BSc so you'll be ok :smile: When did you apply? City took a few weeks to get back to me. It's so hard being patient though right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending