The Student Room Group

what is peoples problem with young(ish) people having more then one kid!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supersaps
Self-righteous b*stard.

When you're old and your NHS bills are sky-rocketing and your pensions getting popped in your bank account. Who's going to be paying for that? Her kids.

Typical short-sightedness.

SS

Lol typical pleb.

The irony here is your long-sightedness means you have completely missed what's happening in the present day.

First and foremost, note I didnt say to her dont have kids at all, I said dont have any more kids.

Also do you know what 'time of value of money' is?

Child benefit and housing benefit on average per year is like 15k, and kids are entitled to child benefits until they're 16. The 15k per annum cost I'm paying her today, outstrips the benefit I get from the sh*tty state pension and NHS service her kids will be paying for 40 years from now, both in absolute and present value terms.

Now you can thank me for enlightening your ass.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Danny McCoyne
Imagine what you could have done with your life if you did not have three children to think about. You have a lot of responsibility for such a young person.

I think that young women should be putting their career ahead of everything else in their early 20s. You can have all the kids you want in your late 20s and 30s.

I also question why you had a second child by the same guy at such an early stage. Your whole post reeks of insecurity if I'm going to be honest.

Having said that I am glad your children are well cared for and that you're pursuing to further your own education. I hope it works out with the new fella'.

Some men don't want women like that 30s is old to me
Reply 62
It would be a very bad investment for most (not all) without welfare dependence, I think the stigma is less on having children at that age and more on the people who have them, this might sound rude and judgemental, and I don't think it applies in your case, but i'm not going to back away from the view that having children at such a young age is usually very irresponsible.
Original post by Photovoltaic.
Lol typical pleb.

The irony here is your long-sightedness means you have completely missed what's happening in the present day.

First and foremost, note I didnt say to her dont have kids at all, I said dont have any more kids.

Also do you know what 'time of value of money' is?

Child benefit and housing benefit on average per year is like 15k, and kids are entitled to child benefits until they're 16. The 15k per annum cost I'm paying her today, outstrips the benefit I get from the sh*tty state pension and NHS service her kids will be paying for 40 years from now, both in absolute and present value terms.

Now you can thank me for enlightening your ass.

I really have no words for this kind of ignorance. Yes, we pay child benefit - and then those people grow up to become workers and pay someone else's child benefit. It's the circle of life.

Besides, you'll find the cost of NHS care & operations for older people far outstrips the measley £15 a quid a week you get for each child.

All this righteous bullsh*t about how "you're paying her kids 15k" as if you're some sort of martyr is just absolutely mental.

SS
(edited 8 years ago)
Besides, what's someone on a 100k wage (30k tax, you say?) doing on a student forum living it up like he's some sort of big man.

Absolutely. Mental.

SS
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65

And then we end up having to import millions of immigrants because people don't have enough children.

Nonsense.
That's because there are young mothers who make baby after baby, sit at home and live off the benefits that create the whole bad imagine for the rest. Some people assume that all of them are the same, even though that's not true.
I'm 32 and I have 4 kids. The eldest will be 11 this year (I was 21 when I had her). Why do you care what other people think? Get on with your life.
Yes, we pay child benefit - and then those people grow up to become workers and pay someone else's child benefit

What are you even saying m8? Do you even logic?

How is this of any benefit to me, or anyone who doesnt receive child benefit?

Besides, you'll find the cost of NHS care & operations for older people far outstrips the measley £15 a quid a week you get for each child.

Show me some numbers.
Original post by Photovoltaic.
What are you even saying m8? Do you even logic?

How is this of any benefit to me, or anyone who doesnt receive child benefit?

Show me some numbers.

I don't understand how this is difficult.

You pay for someone's child benefit now and then when they grow up and you're old they pay for your NHS bills, your TV license, your care home and your shitey bus pass. The children of today are tomorrow's taxpayers.

I'll give you numbers, not that you'll listen to them. The average old person receives nearly £3500 worth of care on the NHS per YEAR. A lot more than the shitey £15-20 quid a week you pay for someone's child benefit. That's 350% more every year.

So, wind your neck in, pay your bloody 15 quid and be grateful these children are going to pay for your hospital bills when you get older.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest