The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay

Speaking of farcical, giving away a needless foul like that in the last minute at the Emirates just shows an inability to manage games from Leicester's perspective.

tbf from leicester point of view Arsenal had already had two dozen set piece chances and looked piss poor. just bad luck on leicester's half that the last set piece led to a goal, when it could equally just have killed the clock.
Looks like Spuds are making quite a bit of noise down the road.
Scenes if Spurs win the league

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3943
I think they are more likely to win it than Arsenal to be honest.
Reply 3944
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Looks like Spuds are making quite a bit of noise down the road.

City are such bottlers

This makes me even more nervous about going OT

Posted from TSR Mobile
First time in PL era that Arsenal and Spurs are fighting it out for the title? Weird times. City bottled it today. NLD gonna be so important, we CANNOT lose there.
Reply 3946
If we're to win the league, it needs to be done before we go to the Ethiad.

It'll be second to last game and will mean we'll have to face pressure that we may not have the mentality to face, and every city player will be playing with all their heart to keep their spot under Pep.

OT & shite fart lane will be really important games

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come to pay respects to Lord Welbeck
Original post by SA-1
City are such bottlers

This makes me even more nervous about going OT

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nervous about going to Old Trafford? The atmosphere will be toxic the moment Arsenal score a goal and especially if the goal comes early. Honestly, i feel like you could well and truely embarass us when we face you lot. If Arsenal turn up with the same intensity that you showed when you smashed us 3-0 earlier in the season, then it'll be a comfortable Arsenal win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Title race blown wide open. North London Derby in a few weeks is going to be the biggest in a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3950
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Nervous about going to Old Trafford? The atmosphere will be toxic the moment Arsenal score a goal and especially if the goal comes early. Honestly, i feel like you could well and truely embarass us when we face you lot. If Arsenal turn up with the same intensity that you showed when you smashed us 3-0 earlier in the season, then it'll be a comfortable Arsenal win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope so tbh, but you still have a bunch of players who usually show drive vs Arsenal.

We absolutely need to beat you, and when it's a must win game.. it's usually our downfall :frown:

We also have Barca just before you lot which'll mean that every player will have to play with such high intensity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

Posted from TSR Mobile

United, especially their fans for some odd reason, detest Arsenal more than their closest rivals. Hopefully you're right though.
United are trash. Spurs are legit, Leicester are legit and City still in there with an outside chance
Original post by AliRizzo
United, especially their fans for some odd reason, detest Arsenal more than their closest rivals. Hopefully you're right though.

90 % of them dont live in Manchester they are glory hunters
Original post by al_94
90 % of them dont live in Manchester they are glory hunters

I live in NW Central London and all I ever see is United fans. Like 80% of my mates are United fans and they are unbearable, all hate Arsenal for some odd reason. I think they don't understand the rivalry, every time I visit Manchester I see City fans who absolutely hate United. Couldn't give a toss about them when the likes of Spurs and Chelsea are about.
This season will be the worst if we don't win the title cos it means either one of Leicester or Spurs will. No need to explain why Spurs winning it is a bad thing but if Leicester do it just shows all Wenger's excuses are BS and it would be beyond embarrassing.
Original post by AliRizzo
This season will be the worst if we don't win the title cos it means either one of Leicester or Spurs will. No need to explain why Spurs winning it is a bad thing but if Leicester do it just shows all Wenger's excuses are BS and it would be beyond embarrassing.

Leicester winning would be the lesser of two evils because you'd share the embarrassment with the rest of the other "top clubs".

Chelsea, United, City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool would all look ridiculous.
Original post by Lúcio
Leicester winning would be the lesser of two evils because you'd share the embarrassment with the rest of the other "top clubs".

There's literally no expectation on Liverpool to do anything. Ever.
Original post by Lúcio

True, I've singled out Arsenal in particular though as we have the resources (and probably the right squad) to be able to win it and it's been a long 12 years. I know Spurs and Liverpool have been waiting longer but I don't think their squad is as strong as Arsenal's and there isn't much expectation on either of them to win it although of course it would still be embarrassing for them. United, City and Chelsea have won it multiple times in recent years which is why they probably wouldn't be too bothered about it and it wouldn't look as bad for them.
Original post by Lúcio

At least we did our part and beat them twice though. What are the rest of these "top" clubs playing at?

Latest