The Student Room Group

Yr 11 where are you with gcse revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Questions27168
Is it bad that I haven't done anything because . . . teachers set so much homework (which is all revision) so is that counted? :biggrin:

I don't think so if its really helping consolidate your learning but I'm the complete opposite I literally don't do any of the homework and just revise instead.. not that thats the best idea
Original post by Mayhem™
It's just a shame that you're not a natural genius :redface:

:rofl:
Reply 22
bump.. no one rally said how far they'd gotten with revision:h:
Original post by LunaTy
Thanks I'll probably finish C1 and sociological research methods. Where are you up to?

Did P2 and B3 papers today, then I've got Piano rehearsal and French Listening...
Original post by LunaTy
I don't think so if its really helping consolidate your learning but I'm the complete opposite I literally don't do any of the homework and just revise instead.. not that thats the best idea

That's good if you have effective self discipline :tongue: Wish I could do that but the school seems to think noone can revise independently and thus they make us stay behind for compulsory 'revision' sessions (that last 2 hours), it is useful because we get exam questions to do that are marked with us and we really learn how to approach a question buut . . . it doesn't feel like revision to me Idk im weird because it's guided? :smile:
Reply 25
That's good if you have effective self discipline :tongue: Wish I could do that but the school seems to think noone can revise independently and thus they make us stay behind for compulsory 'revision' sessions (that last 2 hours), it is useful because we get exam questions to do that are marked with us and we really learn how to approach a question buut . . . it doesn't feel like revision to me Idk im weird because it's guided? :smile:

aw you're really lucky my school does none of that they haven't even started up any revision sessions! sounds like your school really cares about your grades
Finish biology, chemistry, physics, maths and RE revision and have 5 more subjects to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LunaTy
aw you're really lucky my school does none of that they haven't even started up any revision sessions! sounds like your school really cares about your grades

Yup :smile: I even have to come in in the holidays for a maths 'coaching session' and I was offered to go to an art one but art I can easily do at home :biggrin:
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
Finish biology, chemistry, physics, maths and RE revision and have 5 more subjects to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finished*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29

wow thats really good! when did you start and how are you going to remember it all?
Reply 30
Yup :smile: I even have to come in in the holidays for a maths 'coaching session' and I was offered to go to an art one but art I can easily do at home :biggrin:

wow thats actually pretty cool! do you go to a private school?
Original post by LunaTy
wow thats actually pretty cool! do you go to a private school?

Nope a normal state school ^-^ So other schools don't offer coaching? Wow I never used to believe the teachers when they said we are lucky, I just thought it was normal.
Original post by LunaTy
wow thats really good! when did you start and how are you going to remember it all?

Haha I started before Christmas and because I revised for my mocks it made it a lot easier to revise everything. I have after school sessions which I attend so I don't forget the stuff I have learned. So far so good and hopefully I'll get 9A*s and 1A haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Are you all finding that school is giving us so much homework? I have no time for revision and its gone 7pm by the time I finish :s-smilie:
Reply 34
Original post by ZoeN2
Are you all finding that school is giving us so much homework? I have no time for revision and its gone 7pm by the time I finish :s-smilie:

Yeah and also tests! I tend not to do them I kind of just speak to my year head and he understands and says I don't have to do it.
haven't started yet
Reply 36
Nope a normal state school ^-^ So other schools don't offer coaching? Wow I never used to believe the teachers when they said we are lucky, I just thought it was normal.

I think schools offer coaching but not so early on in the year so you really are lucky
Reply 37
are you worried?
Original post by surina16
haven't started yet
Reply 38
Haha I started before Christmas and because I revised for my mocks it made it a lot easier to revise everything. I have after school sessions which I attend so I don't forget the stuff I have learned. So far so good and hopefully I'll get 9A*s and 1A haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

good luck! you must be really smart.
Do you use any particular resources to help you get such high grades or are you another natural genius:biggrin:
Original post by LunaTy
are you worried?

not yet, just because most of the people I know haven't started either tbh :/

Quick Reply

Latest