The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
The point is firstly the squad isn't as bad as you lot make it out to be and secondly blaming the Glazers for their cheap money saving tactics(that happened from 09-13) is nothing short of retarded. It's just being mismanaged.(Mata on the wing, Martial playing wide, Depay coming off the bench, Di Maria coming off the bench, lack of knowledge of a good midfield combination)

You wasted money from the Moyes era but LVG has bought players that are suitable for the team.

The squad was in bad shape and the signs were apparent when Ferguson was still there. The only reason we managed was because he was such an amazing manager. Anyone else and we would not have been that successful. E.g. winning the title in his last season with an awful squad.

After years of being restrained, despite being one of the richest clubs in the world it was apparent we needed to spend. Especially after Ferguson left and it was just perfect that we had a manger with no clue at the reigns of a club of our stature. Ofc it was mismanaged and then Van Gaal came and although his transfer policy did improve it was still relatively poor compared to our rivals.

Ultimately, if we had a good manger like pep or Jose after Ferguson then a lot of these problems would have went away.
Original post by Rk2k14
The squad was in bad shape and the signs were apparent when Ferguson was still there. The only reason we managed was because he was such an amazing manager. Anyone else and we would not have been that successful. E.g. winning the title in his last season with an awful squad.

After years of being restrained, despite being one of the richest clubs in the world it was apparent we needed to spend. Especially after Ferguson left and it was just perfect that we had a manger with no clue at the reigns of a club of our stature. Ofc it was mismanaged and then Van Gaal came and although his transfer policy did improve it was still relatively poor compared to our rivals.

Ultimately, if we had a good manger like pep or Jose after Ferguson then a lot of these problems would have went away.

Chelsea's 11/12 squad was also in bad shape and it got sorted out the next season(where really only two/three problem cases that's been sorted eventually).

Basically Moyes ****ed up, you could have still won the title had you just got Herrera and a holding midfielder a season earlier and bought a winger. He then buys Mata with no idea on how to utilise him effectively leaving the squad very unbalanced and gives you the lanky £28M problem?

Regardless your team is better than Leicester, better than Spurs man for man and is just being mismanaged, nothing to do with 'under investment' We're acting like your team in 2013 was the strength of PSG in 2010 or City before the Shieks came.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Chelsea's 11/12 squad was also in bad shape and it got sorted out the next season(where really only two/three problem cases that's been sorted eventually).

Basically Moyes ****ed up, you could have still won the title had you just got Herrera and a holding midfielder a season earlier and bought a winger. He then buys Mata with no idea on how to utilise him effectively leaving the squad very unbalanced and gives you the lanky £28M problem?

Regardless your team is better than Leicester, better than Spurs man for man and is just being mismanaged, nothing to do with 'under investment' We're acting like your team in 2013 was the strength of PSG in 2010 or City before the Shieks came.

Leicester are just a freak of nature atm and are just doing unbelievably well.
Yeah you're right, we are better than quite a few of the teams above us but they have competent managers who are willing to swallow their egos, whereas we have a fool whose philosophy revolves around long balling it to Fellaini.

Stand by what I said before. If we had a half decent manager we'd be top 2 at least.
Hopefully we can revenge that 3-0 thrashing we got at the emirates! :tongue:
Original post by trapking

fingers crossed haha

you mean avenge brah? :confused:
Original post by swirly
you mean avenge brah? :confused:

You knew what i meant bruh..

You knew what i meant bruh..

[/

QUOTE]

Your posts are literally Aids incarnate
Original post by swirly

Your posts are literally Aids incarnate

lol do you honestly think I care what you think bro?

If you don't like them go screw yourself and simply don't bother replying simple :tongue:
lol do you honestly think I care what you think bro?

If you don't like them go screw yourself and simply don't bother replying simple :tongue:

but i wasnt even being srs:frown:

come on man. im fiddy. you young buck. dont do this:frown:
Trapking is rustled.
Original post by swirly
WTF IS THIS.

wow.

I meant class in the way you guys play football the right way and i admire Wenger. Nothing wrong with that :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
I meant class in the way you guys play football the right way and i admire Wenger. Nothing wrong with that :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think he meant the spelling...
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant spelling their as thier. ngl barely even read the rest. mans still in shock. first time i thought it was an accident but you did it twice. bruhhhhhhhh.

We still have to play all the top 4. We're going to have a massive say in the title race.
Rio's tweet about Welbeck reactionary and OTT. Probably won't score for another few months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Sir Alex maybe didn't spend much, because he was thinking about his retirement for years. He left a lot of money for his successor to spend on creating a new team.
Original post by Rk2k14

Don't think any of the top managers wanted to succeed Fergie, they knew it was a very difficult task.

Btw, got the City-Spurs prediction horribly wrong. Spurs really did impress me. Can't believe how badly City are playing, looks like the Pep announcement wasn't the best idea in the world.
^I think these poor results of City would have occured with or without the Pep announcement - but they are struggling and Pellegrini's lack of intensity just puts the players into coast mode. Guardiola's going to have his work cut out initially to mould the team and squad to his taste but when he gets it right, it could be dominance.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Don't think any of the top managers wanted to succeed Fergie, they knew it was a very difficult task.

Btw, got the City-Spurs prediction horribly wrong. Spurs really did impress me. Can't believe how badly City are playing, looks like the Pep announcement wasn't the best idea in the world.

Agree, but i'm adamant they wouldn't be doing this bad. Instead we hired a guy with no experience at the top level whatsoever and a part of me thinks Ferguson did that intentionally. Made him look even better without a shadow of a doubt.

Also if Pep does come and they do dominate then it won't be that much of a surprise. City are the team from the last few years that have consistently been at the top. Real challenge will be CL and he'll flop at that no doubt.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest