The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by mqiu97
Also had mine today... Apparently the interviewer liked many things that I showed him, but he also said things like "it's better if you can try something on a larger scale." Don't know if he's implying that I'm less able... Totally confused! As for the order, I don't think it really means anything. Maybe alphabetically, I guess?

Also I'm pretty sure I saw you today at UCL; I'm the Chinese-looking guy in a white sweater.

You may well have done! I was in a black t-shirt under a grey blazer if that helps? Were you there towards the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vionart
Were you given a reason as to why you were rejected? As for a year out, I'd say it depends on how much you want to get into UCL because even if you reapply, there's no guarantee that you'll get in the second time. I initially had the same dream of going to UCL since year 9, but then I went on open days and realised that I'd rather enjoy the degree than spend sleepless nights locking myself in studios overnight to stress and compete against the other students because of Bartlett's expectations.

Yeah fair. Where are you going to now?
I've already taken a year out so now that I've thought about it I don't think it's be wise to take another year out. At the end of the day I'll come out with a part 1 wherever I go. I think I've just gotta get over it and myself haha.. Could always do part 2 there. :smile: I'll still be in LDN also.
Original post by nairline
Yeah fair. Where are you going to now?
I've already taken a year out so now that I've thought about it I don't think it's be wise to take another year out. At the end of the day I'll come out with a part 1 wherever I go. I think I've just gotta get over it and myself haha.. Could always do part 2 there. :smile: I'll still be in LDN also.

Firmed Oxford Brookes a few weeks ago :smile: Ultimately it's up to you to decide where you want to go and where you think you'll be comfortable
What does everyone think of westminister?

Great facilities but not a huge fan of the work they produce and nothing really stands out there for me. Out of my other choices, I think it's the last or 2nd to last.
Yeah tbh I was also shocked by their facilities. Was impressed by the vast studios .. And that famous robotic arm. Not too sure how aspirational the lecturers are tho - was quite bored by the lecture and what the dude had to say about the course. But I think I was just comparing it to UCLs constantly . Gonna have to visit again with a wider mindset. Where are you going?

Yeah the skinny christian bale guy looked really bored during the presentation, which did look poorly put together.

Kent currently. Hopefully. But I haven't heard back from them yet.
Original post by zzdevzz
Great facilities but not a huge fan of the work they produce and nothing really stands out there for me. Out of my other choices, I think it's the last or 2nd to last.

Yeah I'm exactly the same. I didn't feel excited by anything. Nothing stood out. I really cannot imagine myself there for the next 3 years. So I don't know whether to take another year out and reapply.
Reply 846
Original post by nadabannana
I had my interview today as well! Which 'batch' of interviewees were you in mq? Also (Cowie and mq), who did you guys get for the interviewer? My interview was the same, he said nice stuff but reflecting on it now I don't think it went as good as I thought it did...

My interview was quite late in the afternoon, and while I was waiting for my turn I sat in the second row from the front on the right. For the interview I got Mr Carlos Cenamor (if I remembered his name correctly); he's really friendly and seems always interested in what he's looking at, but it seems to be the case for everyone... Tbh I don't know what they're really looking for but I wouldn't worry too much, though I'm getting myself prepared for a rejection
For anyone applying to Edinburgh and has applied for second year entry -

I applied for second year entry and quickly received a rejection, after emailing to find out why they offered me an unconditional place for year one entry. I was wrongly advised by my tutors so i would recommend anyone who has done the same or has received a rejection to email admissions as it may be a mistake like mine.
Original post by georgiaaahg
yeh, but they took forever! but luckily they gave me an offer.

hahah, congratulations though :smile:
can anyone that has been offered an interview upload their task? sent mine just today and just obsessed trying to wonder what they were really looking for with it! I can upload mine as well! by the way did anyone ship with UPS? I hope they'll deliver outta straight and nothing will go wrong LOL
Guys, would anyone, from people who couldn't make it to the interviews in UCL, be so kind to send their drawing tasks?
May be it is too much to ask for... I am just very curious..
What %age of people get offers after interview for UCL architecture? Asking for a mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vuvuzela
What %age of people get offers after interview for UCL architecture? Asking for a mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they usually get around 2000 candidates, of whom just 400 get an interview, only 100 get an offer. it's more or less 1 place every 16 applicants.
Original post by Francescopsq97
they usually get around 2000 candidates, of whom just 400 get an interview, only 100 get an offer. it's more or less 1 place every 16 applicants.

Wow that's some tough competition. Thanks, will let him know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 854
Original post by vuvuzela
Wow that's some tough competition. Thanks, will let him know

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is sort of understandable as it's 2nd in the world and has been 1st in the UK for architecture for the past decade odd..
(^if 2000 people apply and 100 get in then it's 20 applicants/place aha)
Original post by cowie
It is sort of understandable as it's 2nd in the world and has been 1st in the UK for architecture for the past decade odd..
(^if 2000 people apply and 100 get in then it's 20 applicants/place aha)

on the 2016 prospectus it says 16,so idk
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cowie
Just had my interview today at UCL.. Felt very rushed (may be as I was last to be interviewed). Not really sure how it went.. There were good points and points I reckon not so good..
I was wondering whether there was a significance as to the order in which you are interviewed?

Did they ask many questions about your portfolio? I have mine on the 15th and I have no idea what to expect
Original post by akeakeake
Guys, would anyone, from people who couldn't make it to the interviews in UCL, be so kind to send their drawing tasks?
May be it is too much to ask for... I am just very curious..

I'll pm you ?
Reply 858
Original post by mangostan
Did they ask many questions about your portfolio? I have mine on the 15th and I have no idea what to expect

I wasn't asked much about my portfolio because I generally just talked/commented about it as she was going through it. It is incredibly casual and there really isn't anything that can be prepared for. It seemed to be mainly them trying to get to know you and your motivations:smile:
I'll pm you ?

Yes please, I'm just so worried :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending