The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowie
I wasn't asked much about my portfolio because I generally just talked/commented about it as she was going through it. It is incredibly casual and there really isn't anything that can be prepared for. It seemed to be mainly them trying to get to know you and your motivations:smile:

did they ask you anything regarding the task you submitted?
Reply 861
Original post by Francescopsq97
did they ask you anything regarding the task you submitted?

Just sort of what your reasoning was for them and why you chose the medium you did.
Original post by cowie
Just sort of what your reasoning was for them and why you chose the medium you did.

what do you mean with medium? with english not being my first language sometimes i still don't get some concepts lol
It means what media/materials you used to produce the work; watercolour, charcoal, graphite, etc.
Oh you meant media. Now I figure it all out! Thx!
Reply 865
For all the international/eu students: What is your motivation to study architecture in the UK and not elsewhere?
Original post by cowie
For all the international/eu students: What is your motivation to study architecture in the UK and not elsewhere?

I just think that the UK could help me grow more, because it's such an important country in trade, art and economy. I also really love the culture, people seem to be very nice and respecting of other peoples personal space. (italians are really invasive) I also think that the UK would challenge me more than my home country. I'm from Italy and here we don't have cities such as London, where most famous architects found success... I also want to get more confident with my english by using it on a daily basis. I'm willing to work hard and I think that the UK is the best place for people willing to do so.
One really quick question, if they say they need the portfolio by 15th Feb so would I have to hand it in before 14th Feb's 11:59pm or 15th Feb 11:59pm???!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 868
Original post by blinkofaneyee
One really quick question, if they say they need the portfolio by 15th Feb so would I have to hand it in before 14th Feb's 11:59pm or 15th Feb 11:59pm???!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

definitely 14th Feb's 11:59pm
Original post by akeakeake
Yes please, I'm just so worried :frown:

Can't seem to pm you the pics. Can you give me your email?
Would I be able to see the tasks of those who made it to the interviews at UCL pls?
Original post by nairline
Would I be able to see the tasks of those who made it to the interviews at UCL pls?

I didnt keep a copy of mine but they were essentially observational drawings in pencil and pen of rooms in my house from different viewpoints e.g. from top of the fridge, behind a door, tc
Original post by cowie
I wasn't asked much about my portfolio because I generally just talked/commented about it as she was going through it. It is incredibly casual and there really isn't anything that can be prepared for. It seemed to be mainly them trying to get to know you and your motivations:smile:

Did they ask about what you wrote in your personal statement? (The 2nd one not the ucas one)
Reply 873
Original post by mangostan
Did they ask about what you wrote in your personal statement? (The 2nd one not the ucas one)

Personally wasn't asked about anything in either personal statements.. Not sure if others were.
Original post by cowie
Personally wasn't asked about anything in either personal statements.. Not sure if others were.

Thanks nyway, i feel a lot less nervous about the interview now!
Second personal statement! Never heard of it! What is that!?
Is it the one prior to the interview?
What should I do here? AAA from Manchester and Liverpool. Pref is Manchester but I know that I can only achieve AAB (due to knowing where I stand with my Art course work to date). Can I hold Manchester as firm and Liverpool as insurance? Do you think that there is any chance that Manchester will take me if I get AAB - and if they dont would Liverpool? Does anyone have any insight into previous years and what grades got thru? I have heard from a 1st year friend at Liverpool (doing Geog) that someone they know is on the arch course with ABC -- no idea how many others are on the course without AAA. I have no info on Manchester but believe it to be a much more oversubscribed course? Should I cut my losses, not take any risks - reject Manchester and firm Liverpool? Would Liverpool be less likely to let me in on AAB if I had put them insurenace rather than firm?
Neither was I requested a second ps, seems like international applicants don't get one.
Original post by Sean5Star
What should I do here? AAA from Manchester and Liverpool. Pref is Manchester but I know that I can only achieve AAB (due to knowing where I stand with my Art course work to date). Can I hold Manchester as firm and Liverpool as insurance? Do you think that there is any chance that Manchester will take me if I get AAB - and if they dont would Liverpool? Does anyone have any insight into previous years and what grades got thru? I have heard from a 1st year friend at Liverpool (doing Geog) that someone they know is on the arch course with ABC -- no idea how many others are on the course without AAA. I have no info on Manchester but believe it to be a much more oversubscribed course? Should I cut my losses, not take any risks - reject Manchester and firm Liverpool? Would Liverpool be less likely to let me in on AAB if I had put them insurenace rather than firm?

Still Put Manchester as firm, what you never did is done, you may get those results, or they may get you in with AAB as well. If you reject it you will shut that door anyway no matter what, Put Liverpool as insurance, just incase Manchester won't accept AAB, you could try to see then if Liverpool would. Liverpool Is yet a pretty good school and insurance, but, in the meantime, don't renounce to give yourself a try with Manchester. This is just my opinion, hope that helps 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending