The Student Room Group

Is typing with fingers weird these days ?

I only type with 2 fingers, my 2 middle fingers. Am i in the minority that i cant type with more than 2 (actually the right finger does most of the typing) ive never been taught how to type.
Most people tend to type with their fingers.
I use 4 and 4, and use my thumbs (whichever is closer) on the spacebar
Original post by mistyblue~
I only type with 2 fingers, my 2 middle fingers. Am i in the minority that i cant type with more than 2 (actually the right finger does most of the typing) ive never been taught how to type.

I don't have any statistics but that's probably not the most efficient way of typing.

Original post by Student403
I use 4 and 4, and use my thumbs (whichever is closer) on the spacebar

I think that's the normal way to do it!
Original post by Plagioclase
I don't have any statistics but that's probably not the most efficient way of typing.

Great! :biggrin:
Reply 5

Think it depends on age and the amount of computer usage - I'm not a touch typist, but as someone who spends loads of time on a computer I tend most of my fingers - others only one finger on each hand
Reply 6
Original post by Plagioclase

I didnt know there was a normal way never thought about it till now.
I didnt know there was a normal way never thought about it till now.

Well if you do want to be a more efficient typer (which is definitely worth doing if you do anything on a regular basis that involves typing, i.e. most people) then I'd suggest you google something along the lines of "how to touch-type" and there will probably be plenty of websites that offer guides.
Yeah, these days everyone seems to be typing with either their toes or elbows :dontknow:
Reply 9
I mostly use all of them, but my right pinky gets used the least. :colondollar:
I started typing this to try and discover which fingers I used and I can now confirm that on my left hand I use my first finger on the keys and my pinky on the shift key for typing "I". On my right hand I use my thumb for the space bar and my first and fourth finger to type any other letters.

I hope this was informative and useful to you.
If it's getting the job done who cares? It's not weird typing with your middle fingers.
i normally just use all my fingers, although I do occasionally head butt the keyboard while working on particularly infuriating essays.
I use all of my fingers, except my pinky finger on both hands. Not sure what the 'proper' way is to type.
Reply 14
I use all fingers, thumb on spacebar
i use one hand when eating - my left

2 fingers is slow as ****
Reply 15
Original post by Quantex
i normally just use all my fingers, although I do occasionally head butt the keyboard while working on particularly infuriating essays.

ahaha too true (don't know whether to laugh or cry)
I usually type with my right hand using all fingers and my left hand only using the index finger. I haven't noticed this until now, but I find it interesting. With this method, I can type an average of 80 words per minute.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending