The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick v.s. Durham.

I have an offer from Warwick for International Business, and from Durham for combined honours in social sciences (geography + management).

Which degree would probably be more beneficial for the future, how do the universities compare in reputation of their business courses? Which university would YOU pick, and why?

I visited UoW a few days ago and it was amazing. I really loved so much about it. The campus feel, the beautiful setting, the passion I could see in the student I spoke to...it just seems to be a University that has everything. I'm visiting Durham in a few days...curious to see how it is in comparison.

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, and sorry if this isn't written very well...i'm quite tired.
(edited 8 years ago)
In terms of reputation there's not really much to choose from between them, as they are both well-regarded Russell Group universities. I think you should be making your choice primarily on the course, location, how you feel about the campus etc. You'll be able to make a more informed choice once you've been to and can compare both. Don't let your decision be swayed by what you read on TSR.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Stopmessing
In terms of reputation there's not really much to choose from between them, as they are both well-regarded Russell Group universities. I think you should be making your choice primarily on the course, location, how you feel about the campus etc. You'll be able to make a more informed choice once you've been to and can compare both. Don't let your decision be swayed by what you read on TSR.

I am leaning towards Warwick, but many people irl told me that if you get an offer from Durham, you shouldn't turn it down. I don't think its reputation is that great as such a claim would suggest, but I still want to see if i'm really missing out on a great opportunity if I choose Warwick instead of DU.
As far as I'm aware Warwick has a fantastic reputation for maths and business, Durham is more famous for the humanities?

I'm in a similar position but for Comp Sci
Warwick is much better regarded by employers for business/finance/econ.
Also a geography degree is pretty useless.
I'd pick Warwick.
Hey, congrats on your offer!
I would choose Warwick in your case because:

-) Very good reputation with regard to business (WBS)
-) Not as far away from London as Durham (Imagine your travel arrangements to Durham!)
-) The uni is famous in view of the SU. There are soooooooo many societies you can join and you'll find any for yourself.
-) Beautiful scenery (as you said yourself)

Original post by Stopmessing

^What he/she said.
Reply 6
Original post by swissinuk
I have an offer from Warwick for International Business, and from Durham for combined honours in social sciences (geography + management).

Which degree would probably be more beneficial for the future, how do the universities compare in reputation of their business courses? Which university would YOU pick, and why?

I visited UoW a few days ago and it was amazing. I really loved so much about it. The campus feel, the beautiful setting, the passion I could see in the student I spoke to...it just seems to be a University that has everything. I'm visiting Durham in a few days...curious to see how it is in comparison.

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, and sorry if this isn't written very well...i'm quite tired.

I'd say Warwick because WBS is so highly regarded! However, is your course at Durham solely based at the city campus and not Stockton?
Reply 7
Original post by Age
I'd say Warwick because WBS is so highly regarded! However, is your course at Durham solely based at the city campus and not Stockton?

Because it's a combined honours course, it's taught on the main campus...not the Business one (:
Reply 8
Original post by swissinuk
Because it's a combined honours course, it's taught on the main campus...not the Business one (:

With the business element, Warwick would be the best choice.

Quick Reply

Latest