The Student Room Group

New Grime Fans piss me off

I remember listening to Roll Deep when im ere, Chipmunk muhammed ali back in the days
that was harrrd remember bashy kidulthood to adulthood.

but nowadays all these kids all they heard is fukin stormzy and thats not me and they wear this

Scroll to see replies

Grime teenager clothes;

Adidas tracksuit
Full black or white Nike Air Max
A small messenger bag for storing tobacco/weed
Stormzy has rehashed a classic Grime track and put some graft in on Twitter, the fans who weren't around the first time have bought into it because they hadn't heard the beat before.

Stormzy's popularity is funny. It's even stranger than when Wretch 32 managed to go mainstream. Probably stranger than Dan too.
Don't hate, not our fault we weren't listening to channel AKA back in the day.

Original post by Mayhem™
Grime teenager clothes;Adidas tracksuitFull black or white Nike Air MaxA small messenger bag for storing tobacco/weed

Maybe you live in a different area, but where I live, grime teenager clothing is literally everything. Grime is the mainstream music for a lot of people my age.
(edited 8 years ago)
banteeeeeeeer
Reply 5
It's either Stormzy and Skepta, or Shut Up and That's Not Me.

Don't mix artist name with song name, its's not right, it should be illegal.

Spoiler

Original post by Mayhem™
Grime teenager clothes;

Adidas tracksuit
Full black or white Nike Air Max
A small messenger bag for storing tobacco/weed

That is just a description of an average Mancunian
Oh no, something's got very popular recently, how terrible for you how will you cope
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Oh no, something's got very popular recently, how terrible for you how will you cope

Everyone in this thread is retarded.

Yeah they're acting like they're Lord of the place, fam you're not even Lord of your yard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus
Yeah they're acting like they're Lord of the place, fam you're not even Lord of your yard

There's a place involved here? I swear grime was a genre of music last I heard, not a place at all.
Reply 11

its not that, i like songs from my native country nowadays, but before i remember the only people that listened to grime were kids who grew up in estates like mine, it was a cultural thing, you show this to the average grime fan nowadays 7 years ago and they'd think that it was full of scummy kids, london estates, i've grown up and don't listen to it no more because i cant relate it too it much anymore, but kids who listen to it thinking they can relate and thinking they are baaad is just a no no when they are middle class and have names like arnold loooooool
(edited 8 years ago)
There's a place involved here? I swear grime was a genre of music last I heard, not a place at all.

What are you talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nuraf
its not that, i like songs from my native country nowadays, but before i remember the only people that listened to grime were kids who grew up in estates like mine, it was a cultural thing, london estates, i've grown up and don't listen to it no more because i cant relate it too it much anymore, but kids who listen to it thinking they can relate and thinking they are baaad is just a no no, fake fake fake.

Gentrification boys, middle class boys take over! It's drill time fam! Squaddddd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nuraf
I remember listening to Roll Deep when im ere, Chipmunk muhammed ali back in the days
that was harrrd remember bashy kidulthood to adulthood.

but nowadays all these kids all they heard is fukin stormzy and thats not me and they wear this

One kid told me Wiley is ****?? All they know is stormzy and chip and claim they've been listening to grime since before it went mainstream

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0123456543210
That is just a description of an average Mancunian

You've missed hot rocks and baked bean stains.
Reply 16
Original post by Lemuelc14
One kid told me Wiley is ****?? All they know is stormzy and chip and claim they've been listening to grime since before it went mainstream

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like chipmunk but I remember when he was Chipmunk, remember Defeat you ft N Dubz ooooooh looooord

wiley is the fukin king

[video="youtube;S_zuQmRmRIs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_zuQmRmRIs[/video]
Reply 17
puureeee

[video="youtube;mu4Mr2oGwPw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu4Mr2oGwPw[/video]
Original post by nuraf
I like chipmunk but I remember when he was Chipmunk, remember Defeat you ft N Dubz ooooooh looooord

wiley is the fukin king

[video="youtube;S_zuQmRmRIs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_zuQmRmRIs[/video]

Skepta Jme and Meridian on sidewinder sets were mad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Lemuelc14
Skepta Jme and Meridian on sidewinder sets were mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've never heard those, i best go check upp.

Quick Reply

Latest