The Student Room Group

Valentines Day banned in Pakistan:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by queen-bee
How so? I have Muslim friends who celebrate so I'm confused

They are not good Muslims.
The particular couple are engaged but living separately and one of the other couples are just boyfriend and girlfriend

So, what's your point?
Reply 62
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Hmm so even if married couples got each other flowers and cards saying HVD, it'd be 'haram'?

No because like another user said, it's a celebration which doesn't stem from Islam.

Original post by fatima1998
i have been told from a Muslim person that boyfriend and girlfriend relationship is allowed in Islam.
btw that person is quite an extreme conservative

I'm afraid you've been told wrong information. It's haram, you can ask any well respected scholar this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Howard
They're always angry over something. Ready to burn anything from US flags to Valentines cards. What a boring culture.

They must enjoy banning things.
Original post by HAnwar
No because like another user said, it's a celebration which doesn't stem from Islam.

I'm afraid you've been told wrong information. It's haram, you can ask any well respected scholar this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. But surely just because a celebration doesn't stem from Islam doesn't make it inherently bad or immoral?
Original post by mkap
yeah i seen it on BBC news. to be clear, from what ive heard India is in the same situation as Pakistan and that is a majority hindu state so dont go bashing muslims. the news broadcast asked people if pakistan whether they wanted to celebrate it or not and the responses for no wasnt to do with religion it was to do with the fact that people didnt think it was necessary to have a day to express love for someone it should be done all year round. No religion was mentioned. also can i ask is it full banned or just in areas, yu might want to change yout title to some areas of pakistan. its more of a cultural thing rather than relgious

Hahaha, I can assure you that it is not banned in India, maybe frowned upon in rural areas but no where near being banned lol As an Indian Hindu, I know so many people that are out there in different parts of India celebrating it instead of protesting against it lol
Hmm so even if married couples got each other flowers and cards saying HVD, it'd be 'haram'?

Haha this would be news to my parents :rolleyes:
I see. But surely just because a celebration doesn't stem from Islam doesn't make it inherently bad or immoral?

It is bad if I'm going against God's words.
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

that person said that girlfriend and boyfriend is allowed as long as you don't have an intimate relationship...
i dont think anything is wrong in it
Original post by Leukocyte

Okay :yy:
Original post by childofthesun
Haha this would be news to my parents :rolleyes:

😂that's cute

Why?
Reply 72

If we're talking about Valentine's day here, the issue isn't just the fact it has no basis in Islam, it's because it encourages haram relationships.
It's no use to us, it's just a day where stores can gain profit.

Original post by fatima1998
that person said that girlfriend and boyfriend is allowed as long as you don't have an intimate relationship...
i dont think anything is wrong in it

If you are still texting, emailing love messages, meeting up alone etc. it's still haram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Why?

'For every nation we have ordained religious ceremonies which they must follow' ~ 22:67
So, what's your point?

Don't holla at me like that. I asked a simple question,that's all.
Don't holla at me like that. I asked a simple question,that's all.

I asked a simple question, that's all.
I asked a simple question, that's all.

Lol you're the one who asked her what sort of relationship her friends had. She was just answering your question
It is at odds with what Islam teaches, we don't believe in saints, we don't have those kind of celebrations outside our two Eids.
Some Muslims like myself, are even against Mawlid, so it would be hypocritical.
Reply 78
Original post by HAnwar
If we're talking about Valentine's day here, the issue isn't just the fact it has no basis in Islam, it's because it encourages haram relationships.
It's no use to us, it's just a day where stores can gain profit.

If you are still texting, emailing love messages, meeting up alone etc. it's still haram.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must have a great life, telling people they shouldn't love.
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

but why???
texting love messages make someone happy... it brings a smile on their faces
how's this harm
don't you like making someone happy?
its so weird that Islam makes people to not hang around with boys yet Islam only allow people to marry with their opposite sex
how can you expect from someone to marry a boy or a girl they have no idea who they are, completely strangers
also if someone doesn't allow a girl for example to hang with a boy and always be with girls all the time, how can you not expect her to become homosexual...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending