The Student Room Group

I can't come out

My family are seemingly okay with homosexuality but I know that once I do then I'll be treated different.

My cousin is gay and whenever we hear something about him they do get homophobic but not in like a mad catholic way - more like mimicking him because he talks a bit feminine.

Also over the years the more I'm asked have I got a girlfriend the more I end up freezing, like my body goes stiff (not in that way) it just annoys me.

I just don't want them to treat me differently as I have a lot of brothers and stuff.

I keep thinking I should live a secret life of just not ever telling them but then I just think **** them, if they don't want to know me or treat me differently then it fine.

I have thought of just doing it when I leave home.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My family are seemingly okay with homosexuality but I know that once I do then I'll be treated different.

My cousin is gay and whenever we hear something about him they do get homophobic but not in like a mad catholic way - more like mimicking him because he talks a bit feminine.

Also over the years the more I'm asked have I got a girlfriend the more I end up freezing, like my body goes stiff (not in that way) it just annoys me.

I just don't want them to treat me differently as I have a lot of brothers and stuff.

I keep thinking I should live a secret life of just not ever telling them but then I just think **** them, if they don't want to know me or treat me differently then it fine.

I have thought of just doing it when I leave home.

I take it that you are asking for help? I can't give you great advice as I've not been in your situation, but it seems to me that living this secret life will only make you unhappy and make you hate your family. Maybe talking to your cousin about what it was like will help? I don't want to try and cause you any pain so if you know it will be impossible to tell them don't, but I do think that it would make you happier being able to be yourself with your family.
Why it's a lovely day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending