The Student Room Group

I don't get crushes any more

I haven't had a crush since I was 15. I'm 23 now.

Tbf I know nothing could happen anyway as I'm impotent on my medication and it has made me overweight, and I'm mentally ill, autistic and don't have a high status job.

Do you think I don't get crushes because I'm impotent? Is it my age? wot is it man?

Scroll to see replies

i still get crushes. you just have to find that girl who you think is really fit, but others dont really see what u see.
You could be Aromantic now
Reply 3
Original post by Eternalflames

Is that a real thing?
Reply 4

wait... your sexuality/ romantic sexuality can CHANGE?!

da***...
Original post by nohomo
Is that a real thing?

Apparently so. Some people never experience crushes or romantic feelings at all. Aromantics also tend to be asexuals. Psychopaths are also aromantic and have very high sex drives but they have no empathy at all = no emotions, so yeah.
Original post by z33
wait... your sexuality/ romantic sexuality can CHANGE?!

da***...

Yep, sexuality is fluid. If one does feel like they don't feel sexual attraction anymore or feel sexual attraction for the same gender suddenly, it is completely normal.
Reply 7
Have not had one in about two years. Didn't even crush on my ex, just liked her casually and things got more serious.
Reply 8
Original post by whorace
Have not had one in about two years. Didn't even crush on my ex, just liked her casually and things got more serious.

Do you miss crushes?
Reply 9
Yep, sexuality is fluid. If one does feel like they don't feel sexual attraction anymore or feel sexual attraction for the same gender suddenly, it is completely normal.

mein God...

so you AREN'T born gay... or straight... or anything
but... everyone i've seen (mostly celebs) who is trans or gay or straight has stuck with that all their lives :/ it's normal?
Yeah know what you mean.

Crushes for me have become far less common than when I was in my early teens.

Can barely remember my last.
Reply 11
Original post by nohomo
Do you miss crushes?

It made things easier I guess? I don't have any intuitive feelings to go on, I just say 'sure I kind of like you why not go for it?' I find the early stage of a relationship really easy cus I don't crush and therefore have no emotional investment, but when things get serious it's just as rough as usual.
Original post by z33
mein God...

so you AREN'T born gay... or straight... or anything
but... everyone i've seen (mostly celebs) who is trans or gay or straight has stuck with that all their lives :/ it's normal?

That is also normal, if they've always felt like they're trans or gay, they probably have been. But due to the fluid nature of sexuality, you can suddenly feel differently about your sexuality.
@nohomo there is a link seen between Asexuality and Autism, have you read up on this?
Reply 14
That is also normal, if they've always felt like they're trans or gay, they probably have been. But due to the fluid nature of sexuality, you can suddenly feel differently about your sexuality.

what if you're trans and you get surgery and everything and then realise you're not trans anymore 0_0
Original post by z33
what if you're trans and you get surgery and everything and then realise you're not trans anymore 0_0

Hahaha, gender identity and sexuality are two different things. I'm sure Caitlyn Jenner will stay a female until she dies :biggrin:
Good for you...
Reply 17
Original post by ikhan94
Good for you...

you're a dick
Original post by nohomo
you're a dick

:tongue:

I seemingly float in and out of asexuality, demisexuality and heterosexuality while permanently remaining demiromantic. While I don't experience love as an emotion or develop crushes, I find my sexuality to change from nil to one where I only desire lustful actions with those closest to me and finally to the mindset of pure lust for most/all women. It's disgusting, especially how the idea of intimacy repulses me to the greatest extremes.

Romantically, I am demi (As previously stated). More specifically, hetero-demiromantic. I would gladly do anything romantically set, yet can't bring myself to more than that. Maybe I'm too awkward or socially withdrawn to, but all I know is my body stops me. 18 next week, never kissed anyone. Not even my mother...

Quick Reply

Latest