The Student Room Group

Cheap lunch ideas to take to uni?

Ideally looking for recipes which cost £3 or less for a weeks worth, I was thinking of sandwiches but I'm open to all ideas :smile:

I was thinking of egg mayo sandwiches but I made it once and it stank out the library, maybe ham and mustard?

Thank you!
Reply 1
pasta? :smile:
Reply 2
A seafood selection pack? :smile:
Original post by Caver
pasta? :smile:

it always becomes really sticky and never tastes nice cold! i don't know how shops do it, as stupid as it sounds haha
A lot of my lunches are either some version of a sandwich or a bowl of granola.
Original post by chelsea.paula
it always becomes really sticky and never tastes nice cold! i don't know how shops do it, as stupid as it sounds haha

Bacon and tomato pasta is lovely cold :smile:
couscous is cheap, a squeeze of lemon juice makes it moist; add load of veggies, you can get tins of mixed beans to add in or chicken or anything you like really
Reply 7
Put a glug of oil into the water when cooking pasta to prevent it from sticking together afterwards.

Tortilla wraps with sandwich meat, egg or tuna filling.
Salads with some of the above fillings as ingredients.
Add fruit or snacks such as crisps, biscuits or chocolate bar (e.g. 5x fake Snickers bars in Lidl for 70-something pence).
Original post by chelsea.paula
Ideally looking for recipes which cost £3 or less for a weeks worth, I was thinking of sandwiches but I'm open to all ideas :smile:

I was thinking of egg mayo sandwiches but I made it once and it stank out the library, maybe ham and mustard?

Thank you!

Egg and mayo is nothing, I used to make tuna sandwiches which I added spring onions and raw garlic to and it tasted amazing but god everyone gave me the death stare :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest