The Student Room Group

He has a girlfriend but texts me every night?

Hi! So I had something with this guy while he had a gf, and he never talked about her to me, although he told me he had a gf, but he talked about me to her a lot (she told me), and eventually we stopped talking. Now he has another gf but talks to me every night (like really late) in a friendly way (nothing about realtionships or sex or even meeting each other in person).

So my question is, do you guys talk to a person you kinda liked at 4am when you have a gf/bf? You don't, right? What does that mean then?
...I've chatted to girls at odd hours of the night - friends, nothing more. Just because you're not attracted to someone, doesn't put a curfew on your conversations. That would be ridiculous.
Reply 2
It depends, if he's like me and has insomnia he might just be up for a chat, if he values his sleep he definitely likes you, no one sacrifices that much sleep for a casual conversation that could be left for tomorrow.
You obviously think/hope he likes you. He's in a relationship, you shouldn't be entertaining him.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
You obviously think/hope he likes you. He's in a relationship, you shouldn't be entertaining him.

The thing is, we've had something before when he had another girlfriend. I just think he isn't mentally sane :frown:
Plus, he's the kind of boy who constantly cheats on people. We stopped talking because I told his gf we had something.
(edited 8 years ago)
What he does to her is what he will do to you!
Reply 6
Original post by whorace
It depends, if he's like me and has insomnia he might just be up for a chat, if he values his sleep he definitely likes you, no one sacrifices that much sleep for a casual conversation that could be left for tomorrow.

Lol yeah. I mean, he's the kind of person who stays up till late talking to those *special* people. Maybe he wants me as a close friend or something.
Reply 7
Original post by xobeauty
What he does to her is what he will do to you!

That's why I don't want anything weird with him :frown: He's almost cheating again on another gf with me. I mean, If my bf talked to a girl who he cheated on his previous gf with, I'd consider that cheating for sure.
****ed up situation but if you can have endless conversations with this guy and not get bored with each others company, don't let things get in the way of your friendship. :smile:

Don't overthink things, it will ruin everything
Original post by AthiaKarim
****ed up situation but if you can have endless conversations with this guy and not get bored with each others company, don't let things get in the way of your friendship. :smile:

Don't overthink things, it will ruin everything

Would you say that to your boyfriend if he was staying up until 4am talking to a girl he'd previously cheated with?
Original post by Anonymous
Would you say that to your boyfriend if he was staying up until 4am talking to a girl he'd previously cheated with?

He previously cheated? Oh **** I didn't that. It wasn't mentioned in the original post (or maybe I didn't read it properly)

That changes everything lol
Original post by Eugène
That's why I don't want anything weird with him :frown: He's almost cheating again on another gf with me. I mean, If my bf talked to a girl who he cheated on his previous gf with, I'd consider that cheating for sure.

No disrespect but you know this man has a gf why are you getting yourself involved? By the sounds of it you like him. Run for the hills now before it's too late.
Original post by Eugène
The thing is, we've had something before when he had another girlfriend. I just think he isn't mentally sane :frown:
Plus, he's the kind of boy who constantly cheats on people. We stopped talking because I told his gf we had something.

You've just listed all the reasons why he's not a positive person to have in ur life.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
You've just listed all the reasons why he's not a positive person to have in ur life.

This.

OP, why are you still answering his calls or talking to him at all? All your posts above clearly show that he isn't a good person. Use that time more productively and actually talk to nice people, revise or sleep.
Original post by Eugène

Those are two better reasons not be entertaining such a relationship.
Reply 15
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Those are two better reasons not be entertaining such a relationship.

Yeah, he's a dumbass. I just wanted to be friends with him because he seemed nice but I guess he's a bad person. Thanks for helping me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending