The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology PSYA3 Topics HELP

So my class are doing Bio rhythms & sleep, eating behaviour, and aggression however i simply dont want to do these as i dont think i will be interested in it and will under perform. Therefore i chose Aggression, Perceptions and Relationships.

However I am stuck between Perceptions and Bio rhythms & sleep. Perceptions is shorter so i chose that one but some people are saying that BR&S is easier. Could someone help me choose between the two - which is easier/more understandable?

Thank you.
Reply 1
Anyone?
damn ur lucky u got to choose ur topics :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by bubblegumcat
damn ur lucky u got to choose ur topics :frown:

Im just going against the class lol, my teachers and head of year were not happy at all about the decision :colonhash:
Original post by qwerty123A
Im just going against the class lol, my teachers and head of year were not happy at all about the decision :colonhash:

are you self studying those topics or are they being taught to you? lol I think my school tried to choose the easiest topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
So my class are doing Bio rhythms & sleep, eating behaviour, and aggression however i simply dont want to do these as i dont think i will be interested in it and will under perform. Therefore i chose Aggression, Perceptions and Relationships.

However I am stuck between Perceptions and Bio rhythms & sleep. Perceptions is shorter so i chose that one but some people are saying that BR&S is easier. Could someone help me choose between the two - which is easier/more understandable?

Thank you.

Okay, so as a sufferer of both, bio rhythms is easier but is a lot harder to evaluate. Perception is good in the sense that it's easier to evaluate and doesn't require a great deal to know in prep for the exams. Contrary to belief, perception isn't the study of how we perceive optical illusions, though that is a very small part of it. I recommend Perception, just from enjoyment, but bio rhythms is alright
Reply 6
Original post by Tinemither
Okay, so as a sufferer of both, bio rhythms is easier but is a lot harder to evaluate. Perception is good in the sense that it's easier to evaluate and doesn't require a great deal to know in prep for the exams. Contrary to belief, perception isn't the study of how we perceive optical illusions, though that is a very small part of it. I recommend Perception, just from enjoyment, but bio rhythms is alright

Thanks you :smile:

I feel like bio rhythms is just very long, and perceptions is shorter and more manageable - thats the main reason im going for it. Hope i dont regret it lol.. Any tips/advise?
Reply 7
My school is doing relationships, aggression and eating behaviour. Whats wrong with eating behaviour?, its quite short because you don't need to do the bulimia side of it.

I know of quite a few people doing bio rhythms and sleep so it can't be that bad.
Thanks you :smile:

I feel like bio rhythms is just very long, and perceptions is shorter and more manageable - thats the main reason im going for it. Hope i dont regret it lol.. Any tips/advise?

Of course! If you choose to study Perception, learn the crap out of Gibson and Gregory. And remember; Gibson is bottom-up, gegory is top-down.

For Cross Cultural and Infant studies, Turnbull and Slater's studies are good to know. Occlusion is a good place to start if needing more as it's a simple study. Pictoral cues, too. Bruce and Young's theory of facial recognition uses a debate 'are faces special?' And should be supported with the visual agnosia: Prosopagnosia (Inability to recognise any faces, or very few).

Your main debates are Nature-Nurture for it all.
Reply 9
Original post by bubblegumcat
are you self studying those topics or are they being taught to you? lol I think my school tried to choose the easiest topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Self-studying relationships and perception and learning aggression with class.
I forgot to mention. Another main reason that im doing different topics from the class is that my teachers are aweful and we literally dont learn in class so why bother?
I forgot to mention. Another main reason that im doing different topics from the class is that my teachers are aweful and we literally dont learn in class so why bother?

ahh i see

Quick Reply

Latest