The Student Room Group

How was your Valentine's day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asif007
I'm not getting any younger and this is like the 10th year in a row I've spent Valentine's Day on my own. I can easily see myself being unmarried at 50 like Salman Bhai. :s-smilie:

Hmmm I'm guessing you're no older than like 23? :holmes:

But there's plenty of time yet. Even Shahid got married in his mid-30s :biggrin:

Lol at that last bit :lol:
Original post by Indeterminate
Hmmm I'm guessing you're no older than like 23? :holmes:

But there's plenty of time yet. Even Shahid got married in his mid-30s :biggrin:

Lol at that last bit :lol:

I'm 24. Got to get my life sorted and finish Medicine before anyone will even look at me, by which time I'll be at least 30.

Yeah Shahid got married in his 30's but he already had a career of ~10 years before that, earning good money. I won't have a stable job until 30 and I refuse to rush into anything, so I'll probably be 40-45 before I'm suitable to have a partner. :frown:
Original post by asif007
I'm not getting any younger and this is like the 10th year in a row I've spent Valentine's Day on my own. I can easily see myself being unmarried at 50 like Salman Bhai. :s-smilie:

awwww.... it's gonna be okay
u will meet someone soon :h:
mine is 16th year just letting u know :biggrin:
Reply 23
Really good:h:
Original post by asif007
I'm 24. Got to get my life sorted and finish Medicine before anyone will even look at me, by which time I'll be at least 30.

Yeah Shahid got married in his 30's but he already had a career of ~10 years before that, earning good money. I won't have a stable job until 30 and I refuse to rush into anything, so I'll probably be 40-45 before I'm suitable to have a partner. :frown:

Well I'm ever the optimist, especially when it comes to these kinds of things :colondollar:

It'll happen well before then; you'll see! :u:

Good luck with medicine btw! :biggrin:
Incredibly miserable :sad:
Reply 27
Didn't talk to anyone, didn't see anyone. Very lonely day.

The only good thing is that it's gone, one year without that stupid day :smile:
Reply 28
I woke up. Went to the gym. Showered. Made pasta. Watched Friends. Did uni work.

Just a normal day like any other.
Original post by Indeterminate
Well I'm ever the optimist, especially when it comes to these kinds of things :colondollar:

It'll happen well before then; you'll see! :u:

Good luck with medicine btw! :biggrin:

Thanks for the reassuring words. I'm gonna need all the luck I can get! :smile:

Original post by fatima1998
awwww.... it's gonna be okay
u will meet someone soon :h:
mine is 16th year just letting u know :biggrin:

I'm confused... Were you born in 1998? If so then how can you be in your 16th year alone on Valentine's Day? :s-smilie:
Original post by Eternalflames
Aww, no samosas?

No unfortunately, but I had some yesterday :ahee:
Oh so sh*t. Closest I got to pulling was when the cat followed me into the toilet.
Original post by Lord Samosa
No unfortunately, but I had some yesterday :ahee:

Stop making me jealous :frown:
lol :biggrin:
Original post by A321
You're 10 years old?! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not 10 years old, use some common sense. The last time I spent Valentine's Day with a girlfriend was when I was 14 years old, and that was 10 years ago. Do the math.
Original post by Eternalflames
Stop making me jealous :frown:
lol :biggrin:

It was amazing :coma:
I don't have a relationship but one of my floormates slipped a letter under my door and it wished me happy valentine's day and contained "a couple of nice things about me to start my day!" which are like two items lol
It was amazing :coma:

Y u du dis? :cry2:
was great....I didn't have to spend anything :biggrin:

:lol:
Original post by eternalflames
y u du dis? :cry2:

Attachment not found

:tongue:
Attachment not found

:e