The Student Room Group

What would you name your future kids?

Scroll to see replies

Babatunde
Original post by roisamazin
Gender is decided by the XY chromosomes so there is a 50% chance every time! If anything having lots of males in your family increases the probability of a female in the next generation...

point a) some men are more likely to produce sperm carrying one of the X/Y chromosomes than the other, so it's not always a 50% chance
point b) still the same chance regardless of the current proportions

hate to nitpick, ly really :3
Any from Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial and Russell Group.
I know some kids with really bad names. To all future parents: can you please not name your children after what you were drinking when they were conceived. Please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i want 3 kids girl +boy +girl. imkinda a girl so is that way wanting more girls than the boys.
i decided to name my first girl Josaline. is a bit weird but errrr.... i like that name to be honest. a combination of my granny and my mums names. is great to me i think???? or???
Original post by Katty3
I know some kids with really bad names. To all future parents: can you please not name your children after what you were drinking when they were conceived. Please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats actually a good one. but i havent heard anyone named after guiness or are there thosewith such names im quite curious to know..
Original post by OGGUS
I'd have 4 kids: 2 boys, 2 girls
boy names: Zain
girl names: Zainab
not too sure about the other 2 names but i guess my future wife could name them

how bout Ali and Ahmad?
Joffrey, Tommen and probably Myrcella.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Joffrey, Tommen and probably Myrcella.

Do you want your kids to be poisoned?! :tongue:
I think I'd want three kids lolol Hopefully atleast one of them will be a girl so I'd love to name her Ishana :u:
Reply 130
Original post by Audrey18
how bout Ali and Ahmad?

defo not they're too common
Nöelle for the girl who will be born during Christmas, but that's all I've thought of so far.
Original post by BookBird
Nöelle for the girl who will be born during Christmas, but that's all I've thought of so far.

I have a granddad Noel..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I have a granddad Noel..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noel/Noelle are fab names. Tell your granddad that I approve.

I can't tell if that'd be nice or actually really cruel

NOOEEELL, NOOOEEELLLL (born is the king of Israel!)
Original post by Alexion
I can't tell if that'd be nice or actually really cruel

NOOEEELL, NOOOEEELLLL (born is the king of Israel!)

It's better than my original idea, inspired by my high school Science teacher...

Spoiler

It's better than my original idea, inspired by my high school Science teacher...

Spoiler

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler

Ice cream and water.
I really like name Lilith, but after Supernatural and Lilith as a demon, I think is not really good choice :h:
Original post by kkboyk
Any from Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial and Russell Group.

I have a relative who has the same name as an RG, actually. :mmm: They weren't named specifically after them, though.

Original post by teenhorrorstory
Someone is a Divergent fan

This was my first thought. :lol:

Original post by Kholmes1
I must say I do like it. Probably where I got the name Tobias from, but its not like im naming them four.

And Theo I have always liked the name of.

Books can be a good resource for names, in my opinion. I know there are mixed views on it, but I think it's important to make the difference between naming your child after a character and merely liking the name - although if you want to name your child after a character, all the power to you. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest