The Student Room Group

Black racist filmed on bus abusing Muslim Lady

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
WWYD? Just asking. Also this is an old video it was posted here some time ago

I'd stop her from harassing the ladies. I've seen this video some time ago but it still irritates me nonetheless.
blacks are the most racist people in the world. they are tricking us all.
Reply 42
Original post by Catholic_

I wonder why this has so little exposure? My tram experience got loads, this gets zero.

Maybe because it's no longer a surprise to most that there are vile and racist people of all ethnicities.
Original post by Copperknickers
Did you read the first half of that sentence? Most Muslims are discriminated against because of their culture and racial appearance, not because of their religion. You can be a westernised English speaking white Muslim, and I guarantee you'd never suffer Islamophobia, because most Islamophobia is actually racism against various different Muslim nationalities.

I read every sentence you wrote, it was all nonsense!

Islamophobia doesn't exist. You can't have a fear of a belief system.

If that were so, no-one would be more racist than a Muslim. Their doctrine is that anyone of a different belief system to them is a "Kaffir." Condemned to hell in the afterlife and a second class citizen on earth.

A far greater "racism" than anything visited on Muslims by infidels.

Except you can't be racist towards a belief system.
Original post by JezWeCan!
I read every sentence you wrote, it was all nonsense!

Evidently not, since once again you've ignored my point.

Islamophobia doesn't exist. You can't have a fear of a belief system.

You've clearly never encountered the Britain First nutcases:

'ISLAM WIll TAKE OVER EUROPE! EURABIA IS REAL! OUR COURTS WILL BE REPLACED BY SHARIA COURTS, BRITS WILL BECOME BROWN SKINNED AS THEY ARE OUTBRED BY THE MUSLAMIC IMMIGRANTS, BRITISH CULTURE WILL GO EXTINCT, WE WILL ALL BE BOMBED AND BEHEADED AND REDUCED TO SLAVES!'

Sounds like fearmongering over a belief system to me.

If that were so, no-one would be more racist than a Muslim. Their doctrine is that anyone of a different belief system to them is a "Kaffir." Condemned to hell in the afterlife and a second class citizen on earth.

That's not true. It's true that non-Muslims are destined to go to Hell, just as is the case in most other religions including Christianity with non-Christians, but it's not true that they are second class citizens on earth. Muslims are instructed not to interfere with the kuffar, and to maintain peaceful relations with them, excepting wars of self-defence.
(edited 8 years ago)
A far greater "racism" than anything visited on Muslims by infidels.

Except you can't be racist towards a belief system.

Imagine if we classed discrimination against the far right as racism :colone:
Evidently not, since once again you've ignored my point.

You've clearly never encountered the Britain First nutcases:

'ISLAM WIll TAKE OVER EUROPE! EURABIA IS REAL! OUR COURTS WILL BE REPLACED BY SHARIA COURTS, BRITS WILL BECOME BROWN SKINNED AS THEY ARE OUTBRED BY THE MUSLAMIC IMMIGRANTS, BRITISH CULTURE WILL GO EXTINCT, WE WILL ALL BE BOMBED AND BEHEADED AND REDUCED TO SLAVES!'

That's not true. It's true that non-Muslims are destined to go to Hell, just as is the case in most other religions including Christianity with non-Christians, but it's not true that they are second class citizens on earth. Muslims are instructed not to interfere with the kuffar, and to maintain peaceful relations with them, excepting wars of self-defence.

It is true.

Are you a Muslim lying about this, thinking that we don't know?

If a Kuffar yourself check out the rules on Dhimmis and the Jizya and ask yourself why there are harldy any Christians living in the Middle East now when it used to be the heartland of the faith.

Before the rise of Islam.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Imagine if we classed discrimination against the far right as racism :colone:

I know! :biggrin:

Let's invent a new word "Kipperphobia." Fear and loathing of those who vote UKIP. Most Kippers are white, working class, and badly educated according to Goodwin and Ford's research..

Therefore, by the logic of our interlocutor, if you are Kipperphobic you are not only racist because most Kippers are white and you know this, but also classist!

How politically incorrect! :smile:
I know! :biggrin:

Let's invent a new word "Kipperphobia." Fear and loathing of those who vote UKIP. Most Kippers are white, working class, and badly educated according to Goodwin and Ford's research..

Therefore, by the logic of our interlocutor, if you are Kipperphobic you are not only racist because most Kippers are white and you know this, but also classist!

How politically incorrect! :smile:

It goes deeper than 'Kipperphobia' - there is a deep hatred of centre-of-right (and, tbh, even the centre) by the far left

[video="youtube;wxvl2NegXWk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvl2NegXWk[/video]

Just replace "Tory scum" with "Muslim scum", and "**** off back to Eton" to "**** off back to your country", "fight the Tories" with "fight Islam" and you can see how similar this is to a Britain First rally

But anyway, haven't you heard? Its not discrimination if its against the privileged cis-gendered straight neurotypical white males
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
It goes deeper than 'Kipperphobia' - there is a deep hatred of centre-of-right (and, tbh, even the centre) by the far left

[video="youtube;wxvl2NegXWk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvl2NegXWk[/video]

Just replace "Tory scum" with "Muslim scum", and "**** off back to Eton" to "**** off back to your country", "fight the Tories" with "fight Islam" and you can see how similar this is to a Britain First rally

But anyway, haven't you heard? Its not discrimination if its against the privileged cis-gendered straight neurotypical white males

I know, the extreme left are vile.

Even the centre left have an annoying sense of moral superiority which you don't see replicated on the right. We know we have the more realistic view of the world and our views are on the whole correct, but we don't say we are morally better than those we disagree with politically.

My brother in law is a classic example. A successful barrister he lives in a humungus house and is always going on about social justice. He really thinks he is morally better than anyone to the right. He will say things like "I believe in tax!"

I nearly spluttered over my coffee when he came out with that pearler and asked him why then he was the willing trustee of a wheeze set up by his late father to avoid inheritance tax?

No answer to that. :biggrin:
It is true.

Are you a Muslim lying about this, thinking that we don't know?

If a Kuffar yourself check out the rules on Dhimmis and the Jizya and ask yourself why there are harldy any Christians living in the Middle East now when it used to be the heartland of the faith.

Before the rise of Islam.

Most of them had converted to Christianity only a couple of hundred years before Islam arrived, because the Byzantine Empire heavily persecuted pagans. Pope Gregory I ordered that all pagan places of worship have Christian shrines built on them, and he had many pagans killed. Many people continued to be pagan in secret, until after a couple of generations their descendants forgot what real paganism was and just accepted Christianity. Notice that the main Byzantine icons are Christ Pantokrator (who looks remarkably like the Anatolian sun gods such as Sol Invictus) and Maria Theotokos (who looks even more remarkably like the Middle Eastern mother goddesses such as Cybele and Isis).

There are hardly any Christians living in the Middle East because most of them converted voluntarily to Islam. That being said, until very recently about 20% of the Arab world was still Christian. Most people in Lebanon were Christian until the early 1900s.

As for jizya and dhimmis, 'dhimmi' literally means 'protected person', and dhimmis generally enjoyed equal rights with Muslims except during a few sporadic periods of persecution (not dissimilar to the persecution of Muslims in Christian areas). Jizya is the tax paid by non-Muslims to Muslim kingdoms, which actually often worked out as less tax than Muslims had to pay, because Christians were exempt from Zakat and some other levies.
Doesn't compare to the Paris attacks though. At least shes alive..some people never saw the day light after 9/11..so therr you go..

What about the war in Iraq where many innocent people where killed. Oh yeah they still cant find weapons of mass destruction.
More evidence to say Muslims don't care if it happens to non-Muslims.

erm no who helped the flood victims. But no we're really bad people.
Most of them had converted to Christianity only a couple of hundred years before Islam arrived, because the Byzantine Empire heavily persecuted pagans. Pope Gregory I ordered that all pagan places of worship have Christian shrines built on them, and he had many pagans killed. Many people continued to be pagan in secret, until after a couple of generations their descendants forgot what real paganism was and just accepted Christianity. Notice that the main Byzantine icons are Christ Pantokrator (who looks remarkably like the Anatolian sun gods such as Sol Invictus) and Maria Theotokos (who looks even more remarkably like the Middle Eastern mother goddesses such as Cybele and Isis).

There are hardly any Christians living in the Middle East because most of them converted voluntarily to Islam. That being said, until very recently about 20% of the Arab world was still Christian. Most people in Lebanon were Christian until the early 1900s.

As for jizya and dhimmis, 'dhimmi' literally means 'protected person', and dhimmis generally enjoyed equal rights with Muslims except during a few sporadic periods of persecution (not dissimilar to the persecution of Muslims in Christian areas). Jizya is the tax paid by non-Muslims to Muslim kingdoms, which actually often worked out as less tax than Muslims had to pay, because Christians were exempt from Zakat and some other levies.

First you need to admit your bias, and where you are coming from re "Islamophobia." Are you a Muslim? Yes or no?

Second your argument that Christians converted to Islam because it was the true word of God (that is what you think right?) and not because they were they treated as second class citizens and persecuted is laughable.

Constantinople was the centre of Eastern Christendom. The Byzantine Empire. How many Christians live in modern day Istanbul? Are you really so ignorant of history and blinded by your belief system that you think the inhabitants of Constantinople (the entire population then of course) were treated well, and those not butchered by the Ottomans converted willingly?

It wasn't just Islam, though. The same story, in reverse happened in Moorish Spain after it was recovered for Christianity. You are probably aware of that bit of history because it is convenient to you.

The intellectual dishonesty within Islam is extraordinary. Assuming you ARE a Muslim, which you haven't admitted to on this thread yet...
why do people in UK rant so much on public transport? this doesnt happen as often in other countries
Original post by HucktheForde
why do people in UK rant so much on public transport? this doesnt happen as often in other countries

Which countries you talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it fearmongering when a Muslim says similar to this?
Original post by BaconandSauce
Is it fearmongering when a Muslim says similar to this?

Yes.
First you need to admit your bias, and where you are coming from re "Islamophobia." Are you a Muslim? Yes or no?

I'm an atheist.

Second your argument that Christians converted to Islam because it was the true word of God (that is what you think right?) and not because they were they treated as second class citizens and persecuted is laughable.

Firstly, I don't think they converted to Islam because it was the true word of God, I think they converted to Islam because Islamic culture and the Arabic language slowly grew to become dominant in the area. Secondly, it's not my argument, it's a fact: forced conversion did happen during the Islamic conquest of the Middle East but it was far from the rule. Islamicisation happened gradually, and was due to a number of reasons, including intermixing with Arab settlers, political and economic incentives, and in many cases opposition to the Byzantine version of Christianity: a lot of them weren't 'real' Christians by our modern definition of the word: many were Arians and other denominations who did not accept Jesus as the son of God, and so were perfectly prepared to accept Muhammad as another prophet from the same God they already worshipped.

"At first, the Muslim rulers were hostile to conversion because new Muslims diluted the priveleges of the Muslim elite. Nonetheless, Muslim rule offered some substantial incentives, including protection and political prestige".

"Only with the breakdown of social and religious structures of non-Muslim religious communities in the 10th-12th centuries [was the status of Christianity removed]. Muslim teachers were then able to take the lead in the reconstruction of these communities on the basis of Islamic identities."

A History of Islamic Societies, Ira M. Lapidus p.200

Remember we are talking about a society where education, political office, military rank and land ownership were all strongly tied to Islam. If you were a Byzantine soldier, official or landlord, Islam opened new doors for your professional life which hadn't existed before.

Being a Muslim in the 8th Century Levant was rather like being an SNP supporter in modern Scotland, except if Scotland was an absolute monarchy where all major landowners and corporation CEOs were nationalists who worshipped at the altar of William Wallace (and you only need to look at the entirely voluntary mass 'conversion' of die-hard Labour supporters into SNP members to see how easily people set aside their lifelong identities in favour of something that has been sold to them as a better and more socially prestigious alternative).

Constantinople was the centre of Eastern Christendom. The Byzantine Empire. How many Christians live in modern day Istanbul?

Until recently a lot of Christians lived in Istanbul. They were forced out not by Muslims, but by secular Turkish nationalists during the 20th Century, after 500 years of tolerance and indeed strong influence in the Ottoman court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Greece_and_Turkey

Are you really so ignorant of history and blinded by your belief system that you think the inhabitants of Constantinople (the entire population then of course) were treated well, and those not butchered by the Ottomans converted willingly?

"On the third day after the fall of our city, the Sultan celebrated his victory with a great, joyful triumph. He issued a proclamation: the citizens of all ages who had managed to escape detection were to leave their hiding places throughout the city and come out into the open, as they to were to remain free and no question would be asked. He further declared the restoration of houses and property to those who had abandoned our city before the siege, if they returned home, they would be treated according to their rank and religion, as if nothing had changed."

The Hagia Sophia was converted into a mosque, but the Greek Orthodox Church remained intact and Gennadius Scholarius appointed Patriarch of Constantinople."

- Giorgios Sphrantzes, Byzantine witness of the fall of Constantinople in 1453
(edited 8 years ago)
I haven't got time for a detailed response but a few quick points.

1. You are not exactly substantiating your earlier point that that Christians were not "second class" citizens under the Ottoman Empire in what you yourself write now. But even so, of course, you leave the important stuff out because it destroys your case.

Why don't you mention the Devirsme system?

For those on this thread who don't know about this (I am sure you yourself do):

"A form of forced conversion became institutionalized during the Ottoman Empire in the practice of devşirme, a human levy in which Christian boys were seized and collected from their families (usually in the Balkans), enslaved, converted to Islam, and then trained as elite military unit within the Ottoman army or for high-ranking service to the sultan.[40] From the mid to late 14th, through early 18th centuries, the devşirmejanissary system enslaved an estimated 500,000 to one million non–Muslim adolescent males.[41]

2. You quote a contemporary source to say approvingly how wonderfully civilised and benificent Mehmed II was on the third day after attacking and conquering Constantinople. You fail to mention what happened on the first two days. Why is that? Could it be because of all the slaughter, enslavement rape and plunder, with the streets literally running with blood. as another eye witness, the Venetian, Nicolo Barbaro wrote?

"But when the men in these ships saw that the Christians had lost Constantinople,and that the standard of Mahomet Bey the Turk was raised over the principal tower ofthe city, and that the standards of Saint Mark and of the Emperor had been cut down andlowered, then they all disembarked. And at the same time all those in the fleet on theDardanelles side disembarked and left their ships by the shore without anyone in them,because they were all running furiously like dogs into the city to seek out gold, jewelsand other treasure, and to take merchants prisoner. They sought out the monasteries, andall the nuns were led to the fleet and ravished and abused by the Turks, and then sold atauction for slaves throughout Turkey, and all the young women also were ravished andthen sold for whatever they would fetch, although some of them preferred to castthemselves into the wells and drown rather than fall into the hands of the Turks, as did anumber of married women also. The Turks loaded all their ships with prisoners and withan enormous quantity of booty. Their practice was, that when they went into a house, atonce they raised up a flag with their emblem on it, and when other Turks saw this flagflying, they left this house alone, and went in search of another house without a flag,and so they put their flags everywhere, even on the monasteries and churches. As far asI can estimate, there would have been two hundred thousand of these flags flying on thehouses all over Constantinople: some houses had as many as ten, because of theexcitement which the Turks felt at having won such a great victory. For the rest of theday these flags were kept flying on the houses, and all through the day the Turks made agreat slaughter of Christians through the city. The blood flowed in the city likerainwater in the gutters after a sudden storm, and the corpses of Turks and Christianswere thrown into the Dardanelles,"

Modern estimates argue that around 30,000 Christians (those not massacred) were enslaved and deported. First class treatment indeed!

3. What on earth makes you say Arians weren't proper Christians? They didn't believe in the Trinity, but then neither does the Unitarian Church and lots of modern Protestant sects. Are they not "proper" Christians either? And who are you to decide?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending