The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
I have a textbook for it. Looking at the content is giving me a headache though. I'm going to try finding a PDF for you. I had one in my computer but I deleted it when I got my hands on a physical copy.

Original post by Zacken
Soooo, any clue on how you're going to study it? Have you found any textbooks or thingies?

i have pdfs of the 18 edexcel textbooks on my pc if either of you are looking them :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by DylanJ42
i have pdfs of the 18 edexcel textbooks on my pc if either of you are looking them :biggrin:

Spoiler

Omg yes!!!! :eek: <3
Original post by Zacken
Omg yes!!!! :eek: <3

i sent them to someone else using email, are you okay with doing that? (i know some people aren't keen on using emails online, so if that's not okay with you its no problem)
i sent them to someone else using email, are you okay with doing that? (i know some people aren't keen on using emails online, so if that's not okay with you its no problem)

I'm cool with email. How does it fit, though?
Original post by Zacken
I'm cool with email. How does it fit, though?

hotmail onedrive, kind of like dropbox i guess, ill upload them there and send them to you as an attachment thingy with an email then you can get them and get started on S3 tonight :biggrin: (or today depending on time zones)
hotmail onedrive, kind of like dropbox i guess, ill upload them there and send them to you as an attachment thingy with an email then you can get them and get started on S3 tonight :biggrin: (or today depending on time zones)

Woot! Just PM-ed you. Thank you sooo much. :eek: (today, it's today for you as well! Tsssk.) <3
Original post by Zacken
Woot! Just PM-ed you. Thank you sooo much. :eek: (today, it's today for you as well! Tsssk.) <3

no problem, i would not want you to miss you on some stats after all :wink: (cheeky :tongue: i meant dark or light outside :frown:)
no problem, i would not want you to miss you on some stats after all :wink: (cheeky :tongue: i meant dark or light outside :frown:)

Oh yeah! You're doing S3 as well, aren't you?
How are you finding it? :smile:

It's light outside. 5 a.m right now. :shot:
Original post by Zacken
Oh yeah! You're doing S3 as well, aren't you?
How are you finding it? :smile:

It's light outside. 5 a.m right now. :shot:

finished it now, easy enough but it got very boring, i hope you enjoy hypothesis testing is all i can say haha, only done it over M3 because S3 was shorter (and I really only enjoy Further pure)

oh god :facepalm: a night owl are we?

also incase you're interested; how to save £35 (as paper + ink probably cost about £10 :laugh:)

3books.jpg
finished it now, easy enough but it got very boring, i hope you enjoy hypothesis testing is all i can say haha, only done it over M3 because S3 was shorter (and I really only enjoy Further pure)

oh god :facepalm: a night owl are we?

also incase you're interested; how to save £35 (as paper + ink probably cost about £10 :laugh:)

3books.jpg

Hypothesis testing isn't the worse thing in the world, I guess. :tongue: I feel the same as you re: doing only fp.

Think I'm gonna head to bed now! Thanks again. :smile:

That is impressiiiive! :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Hypothesis testing isn't the worse thing in the world, I guess. :tongue: I feel the same as you re: doing only fp.

Think I'm gonna head to bed now! Thanks again. :smile:

That is impressiiiive! :biggrin:

about half the book is hypoth. testing :laugh: FP1-FP6 should be an alevel tbh

no problem at all :biggrin:

thanks, if only my mum thought the same at the time :tongue:
Reply 171

Spoiler

I'd like M4 and M5 sometime if you don't mind :colondollar:

Original post by Zacken

I've signed up for S3 :biggrin: My exams officer was super sarcastic and was even referring to D1 as "donkey 1" :lol::stupid:
Reply 172
My FP3 mock was a lot nicer than I imagined it'd be, but no nice reduction formula came which was a bit disappointing. I liked the vector question, though!
I'd like M4 and M5 sometime if you don't mind :colondollar:

Here you go:
M4: http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/38375655/file.html
M5: http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/20672962/file.html
Reply 174

Thank you, man! Safe to download I hope :biggrin:
Thank you, man! Safe to download I hope :biggrin:

Yep! I've used those links before. :yep:
Reply 176
Original post by Zacken
Yep! I've used those links before. :yep:

Thank you for the confirmation :h:

Please do tell me you'll be doing S3 as well - I've already registered for it :colondollar:

How are you liking matrices, by the way?
Thank you for the confirmation :h:

Please do tell me you'll be doing S3 as well - I've already registered for it :colondollar:

No problemo. :-)

Yes, I'll be doing it, got the book and everything. Will have a flick through when I'm in the car and have nothing to do or something. :biggrin: When are you planning on starting it?

How are you liking matrices, by the way?

The beginning part seems easy enough, I'm very cross with how they put forward learning inverses of 3x3 matrices. It's just some random algorithm? :confused: So I've gone off and learnt a much more intuitive method off google. :yep:
Reply 178
Original post by Zacken
No problemo. :-)

Yes, I'll be doing it, got the book and everything. Will have a flick through when I'm in the car and have nothing to do or something. :biggrin: When are you planning on starting it?

The beginning part seems easy enough, I'm very cross with how they put forward learning inverses of 3x3 matrices. It's just some random algorithm? :confused: So I've gone off and learnt a much more intuitive method off google. :yep:

I don't know, I've already covered some chapters back in September such as goodness of fit and combination of random variables but I kinda forgot it all! I want to start doing it once I'm a 100% solid on F2, F3 and M3 (if ever), so I hope by March latest? The exam is kinda early, so best to get started soon.

Ooo, do share me a link. It felt like decision to me.
I don't know, I've already covered some chapters back in September such as goodness of fit and combination of random variables but I kinda forgot it all! I want to start doing it once I'm a 100% solid on F2, F3 and M3 (if ever), so I hope by March latest? The exam is kinda early, so best to get started soon.

Ooo, do share me a link. It felt like decision to me.

March latest sounds good, drop me a line when you start, I'll probably start around the same time as you.

This: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/precalculus/precalc-matrices/determinants-and-inverses-of-large-matrices/v/inverting-matrices-part-3 the ending bit is where he's explain why what he's doing works and everything just clicked into place for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending