The Student Room Group

My girlfriend ignores me on purpose?

When we're not together we usually text each other but for some reason she just always seems to ignore me. Reason it bothers me so much is because I know for a fact that she ignores me on purpose. If she hasn't text back in a while I'll go on Facebook and she will be active or will have been active even though I've sent her a text message. This has been happening for ages now. I thought I'll do it to her and see if she's says anything and straight away she's on my case saying why am I ignoring her? She saw me on Facebook and she knows I was ignoring her. But whenever I ask her she always says I'll do what I want, stop checking up on me and I'll text back in my own time. Now I wouldn't mind if she was actually busy and I really don't mind if she decided that she didn't want to text me at all but she always says she wants to yet she ignores me all time. I'm getting fed up. What do I do? Btw does Facebook sometimes says your active even though your not? Because sometimes I'll have Facebook open on my apps but not close it proper and she sometimes thinks am ignoring her cos I've been on Facebook when I really haven't.

Scroll to see replies

Facebook does that to me too, which is annoying but yeah, sounds like she is ignoring you on purpose. You could try ignoring her back? But that would be a bit rude :/
Two wrongs don't make a right, don't ignore her. You both have your own lives so live it. If she says that she wants to text you but will reply in her own time then you have to accept that if you want to be with her.

Try doing something, try being genuinely too busy that you can't text back for a bit, then she will soon be bothered to grab your attention.
Original post by JayDaniels16
When we're not together we usually text each other but for some reason she just always seems to ignore me. Reason it bothers me so much is because I know for a fact that she ignores me on purpose. If she hasn't text back in a while I'll go on Facebook and she will be active or will have been active even though I've sent her a text message. This has been happening for ages now. I thought I'll do it to her and see if she's says anything and straight away she's on my case saying why am I ignoring her? She saw me on Facebook and she knows I was ignoring her. But whenever I ask her she always says I'll do what I want, stop checking up on me and I'll text back in my own time. Now I wouldn't mind if she was actually busy and I really don't mind if she decided that she didn't want to text me at all but she always says she wants to yet she ignores me all time. I'm getting fed up. What do I do? Btw does Facebook sometimes says your active even though your not? Because sometimes I'll have Facebook open on my apps but not close it proper and she sometimes thinks am ignoring her cos I've been on Facebook when I really haven't.

Sounds like a bitch.
Reply 4
Explain to her that same rules should apply to both of you. If she gets to ignore you sometimes, then you get to do the same to her. Chances are she won't actually care though, but just quote what she says in the same situations etc and explain that it's not fair :/

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Sounds like a bitch.

I agree with this though, which is why I don't think she'll care or think that she needs to treat you equally as good as the way you treat her. How long have you been together?
sounds like you both need to grow up a bit

it's really not a huge problem if either of you don't text back immediately and you both need to stop getting upset about it
Reply 6
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Sounds like a bitch.

Definitely
Bitches be bitching.

I don't think she's the person you're gonna spend your life with.
Reply 8
Personally, I would take a passive agressive approach, haha
but.... just be the bigger person, and talk to her straight up. Be honest, and confront her :/
Original post by doodle_333
sounds like you both need to grow up a bit

it's really not a huge problem if either of you don't text back immediately and you both need to stop getting upset about it

This.

Not everyone has the same priorities or urge to text or message back immediately, just because she might not be extremely busy it doesn't mean she wants to sit all day staring at her phone texting you back.

Stop playing mind games with eachother, talk properly about the issue and like is said above grow up.
Quit the mind games. It's so annoying and it just wastes time. Get to the point say "oii bitch why the **** are you ignoring my texts for" she should then take you seriously, apologise and hopefully change.

If you like, you could leave out the cursing but I'd doubt it would help.
Don't let her treat you like this, stand up for yourself man!

Don't be a wimp... tell her you don't like it and you won't stand for this nonsense.
Ew, why are you dating her?

Though she's not obliged to respond to your texts as soon as she sees it, someone who actually cares about you would never just ignore you all day and make you feel redundant like that. I wouldn't even treat my acquaintances like that, let alone my partner.
Original post by insert-username
Ew, why are you dating her?

Though she's not obliged to respond to your texts as soon as she sees it, someone who actually cares about you would never just ignore you all day and make you feel redundant like that. I wouldn't even treat my acquaintances like that, let alone my partner.

Agree. If you care about the person you tend to reply asap even if you're busy. Takes a couple of seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlindingLight
Agree. If you care about the person you tend to reply asap even if you're busy. Takes a couple of seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It take a couple of second to reply to one text. But if they're texting you all day it can take up a lot of your time replying asap after each text, some people aren't glued to their phones all day. Sometimes I won't even check my phone for hours at a time. It doesn't mean I don't care about the people messaging me, it means I have a life away from my phone/ social media.
Original post by SophieSmall
It take a couple of second to reply to one text. But if they're texting you all day it can take up a lot of your time replying asap after each text, some people aren't glued to their phones all day. Sometimes I won't even check my phone for hours at a time. It doesn't mean I don't care about the people messaging me, it means I have a life away from my phone/ social media.

Then give them a time as to when you can talk. Communicate properly. Dont waste each others time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlindingLight
Then give them a time as to when you can talk. Communicate properly. Dont waste each others time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't waste anyone's time. And I do communicate properly with people, and I'm not going to send a message to every person I care about each day an appropriate time to message me my schedule isn't static what is good one day probably won't be good the next. Any friend or partner worth sticking around to me is one who doesn't feel entitled to an immediate reply from me at all times and understands that doesn't mean I don't care.
Reply 17
I don't waste anyone's time. And I do communicate properly with people, and I'm not going to send a message to every person I care about each day an appropriate time to message me my schedule isn't static what is good one day probably won't be good the next. Any friend or partner worth sticking around to me is one who doesn't feel entitled to an immediate reply from me at all times and understands that doesn't mean I don't care.

That's not what is being said. I think your partner should be a priority, if you are busy a simple: 'I'm busy i'll get back to you later' will do, it takes about 10 seconds and it's just lazy not to.

Referring to couples in general and OP. Not you Ms Snowflake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry skim read thread and whatever, be realistically you both need to confront each other about it. You can't both play "let's ignore each other until someone gives in" and it's clearly pissing both of you off.

So yes go chat with each other have a conversation and try and overcome it, if nothing happens then you might want to reconsider the relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending