The Student Room Group

I'm worried about my GCSES =/

I'm in year 10 and there is a gcse exam coming up in may for science; so I'm pretty scared and Idk what to do. I'm honestly not the brightest guy in the world, I'm very very very low at maths however I've tried improving in science.. but thats only at school. At home I have never ever put the pen onto the paper, I have the feeling to revise but i end up not doing anything. I'm just very worried, I really want to become a dentist but I don't see it happening.
Don't stress it. Just revise. Turn off your phone and whatever else distracts you and just work and then reward yourself after a bit.
Stress when you're in year 11 and have 27 exams to sit.
Reply 2
You will love A levels, especially reformed
Reply 3
Original post by TheLonelyMELODY
I'm in year 10 and there is a gcse exam coming up in may for science; so I'm pretty scared and Idk what to do. I'm honestly not the brightest guy in the world, I'm very very very low at maths however I've tried improving in science.. but thats only at school. At home I have never ever put the pen onto the paper, I have the feeling to revise but i end up not doing anything. I'm just very worried, I really want to become a dentist but I don't see it happening.

This was me last year honestly don't sweat it. I do triple so I did the whole of biology but from the sounds of it you do double so you'll be doing unit 1s?

The good news is the B1 and C1 exams were really hard last year so they should be a bit easier this year and also if you get like a C this year and want to retake you can as long as you pay and if you retake and get an A you don't have to tell any of the colleges you apply to that you got a C first time so you'll be fine.

I recommend you try hard this year though since GCSE's are getting harder try and ask your mum to buy you the CGP textbooks and do loads of past papers so long as you do that you can get well over a B.
Original post by hxfsxh
Don't stress it. Just revise. Turn off your phone and whatever else distracts you and just work and then reward yourself after a bit.
Stress when you're in year 11 and hoave 27 exams to sit.

I agree but im having a gcse in this may and its 30% of our science gcse
I agree but im having a gcse in this may and its 30% of our science gcse

It's actually not as hard as you think
Reply 6
Original post by TyanaChu
This was me last year honestly don't sweat it. I do triple so I did the whole of biology but from the sounds of it you do double so you'll be doing unit 1s?

The good news is the B1 and C1 exams were really hard last year so they should be a bit easier this year and also if you get like a C this year and want to retake you can as long as you pay and if you retake and get an A you don't have to tell any of the colleges you apply to that you got a C first time so you'll be fine.

I recommend you try hard this year though since GCSE's are getting harder try and ask your mum to buy you the CGP textbooks and do loads of past papers so long as you do that you can get well over a B.

B1 and C1 was not hard. Most people including me got As and A*
you're lucky that you get to do some of your exams in year 10 at least.
all my exams are this may/june

chill out a little and enjoy year 10 while it lasts haha
I'm doing foundation papers
Original post by TyanaChu

Original post by surina16
you're lucky that you get to do some of your exams in year 10 at least.
all my exams are this may/june

chill out a little and enjoy year 10 while it lasts haha

One of mine is in may so i really cant chill

you have lots of time!

Don't be scared! The first exams you have in science are designed for anyone to do well in. And I'm sure that you're bright enough to be a dentist, but to be one you really have to put pen to paper...

For this first science exam, I promise you will get a C, or even an A*/A if you're allowed to do higher if you do the following steps:

Make notes and remember all the notes in the textbook. If you don't understand something watch a video. If the video goes into way too much depth, don't focus on those bits, just see if it makes what's in the book make more sense.

Do all the questions for the units you're going to sit in the book.

Do all the past paper questions of that unit, and mark them.

You'll do well! Revision is hard, but if you say you'll do really well to yourself it becomes a lot more easy as you're excited to get good grades! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

You have HEAPS of time.

Just do an hour and a half a day, and by Easter it will all be done.
Reply 13
You have to overcome the mindset you have towards revision. If you really want to become a dentist then you will need to realise that in order for you to do a job you want to do, you need to do well in these exams. Luckily, the GCSEs for core science aren't too difficult and you'll be just fine if you make sure you look at past papers. My best tips would be to revise a section at a time, making flash cards and things and then do practice questions to help solidify what you have learnt. Once you have learnt everything just keep doing practice papers. Hope this helps. :smile:
Thx so much, just was wondering if there was anyway i could improve my math? I'm in a very bottom set and i got such a embarrassing mark,5 out of 45 =/.
Reply 15
Thx so much, just was wondering if there was anyway i could improve my math? I'm in a very bottom set and i got such a embarrassing mark,5 out of 45 =/.

If you haven't already, get the revision guides for maths, they're really useful. Talk to your teachers and ask for extra help and just keep doing practice questions. There are also really useful videos on YouTube.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending