The Student Room Group

OCR A2 History Coursework help

I've ran into some major confusion with this coursework. I have a new teacher who I don't believe has taught the subject before, and I'm really unsure of whether I am doing the right thing.
Firstly does the interpretation question require to use a range of sources i.e. the books Ive been given, to support your judgements, or do I use them in the second piece that has no interpretations. Also I've heard that provenance should not be used to analyse the 4 interpretations, so what should I be doing when evaluating their reliability.

I'm doing the essay on Thatcher, and the interpretations question is on whether Scargill was to blame for the failure of the miner's strike. I could use some advice on how to structure the essay as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
I'm doing the interpretation on Alfred the great and I'm also struggling quiet a bit. Any suggestions or help would be great. Cheers
Reply 2
Original post by William Dixon
I've ran into some major confusion with this coursework. I have a new teacher who I don't believe has taught the subject before, and I'm really unsure of whether I am doing the right thing.
Firstly does the interpretation question require to use a range of sources i.e. the books Ive been given, to support your judgements, or do I use them in the second piece that has no interpretations. Also I've heard that provenance should not be used to analyse the 4 interpretations, so what should I be doing when evaluating their reliability.

I'm doing the essay on Thatcher, and the interpretations question is on whether Scargill was to blame for the failure of the miner's strike. I could use some advice on how to structure the essay as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Original post by Aaronstone
I'm doing the interpretation on Alfred the great and I'm also struggling quiet a bit. Any suggestions or help would be great. Cheers

I am doing the Alfred question, the first question you use the 4 interpretations to form an argument cross referencing making comparisons in differing/similar views in order to form a conclusion on Alfred, dependent on the question. E.G is Alfred worthy of the title the 'Great' use the sources and your own knowledge to evaluate this claim and form a conclusion through an argument that is coherent throughout. Try to use 30 quotes from the sources (30 combined not 30 from each) and then evaluate them whilst making comparisons.

The second essay doesn't use interpretations but you should gather material based upon the question you chose to answer. In my case it was how significant were Alfred's cultural/educational reforms, therefore I used various textbooks/non fiction books written by the likes of Pollard, Asser etc in order to gather quotes that will support my line of argument. These must be referenced through footnotes and a bibliography. You can use web articles also and these must also be referenced, if you do not know how to reference in a developed essay you can google for a guide. Hope this helped.
Hey thank you so much for your answer, I am currently doing the interpretation and the question is assess the view that Alfred's achievement have been exaggerated. My teacher predicted me a C and I really need a B to get into Uni. Would it be possible if I could possibly send it to you for you to have a quick look at it. Cheers and thank you very much for your help anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by Aaronstone
Hey thank you so much for your answer, I am currently doing the interpretation and the question is assess the view that Alfred's achievement have been exaggerated. My teacher predicted me a C and I really need a B to get into Uni. Would it be possible if I could possibly send it to you for you to have a quick look at it. Cheers and thank you very much for your help anyway.

Sure, send it to me and ill have a look and see if I can give you any feedback. You're welcome!
Hey man,do you mind sending me your email so I could possibly sent it to you.
Cheers
Hi guys,

I'm a former OCR A2 History student that got As on AS source analysis and the A2 investigation and interpretation essays. If you need any help please PM me. Likewise, if you can, could you help me with AS Elizabeth I or A2 Tudor rebellions?

Warm regards,
Knight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Knightwars4
Hi guys,

I'm a former OCR A2 History student that got As on AS source analysis and the A2 investigation and interpretation essays. If you need any help please PM me. Likewise, if you can, could you help me with AS Elizabeth I or A2 Tudor rebellions?

Warm regards,
Knight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Knight,

I am desperate could you please PM, I would be extremely grateful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending