The Student Room Group

Overwhelmed

Im currently doing history, psychology and english literature and I'm sitting one history exam AS and both my psychology AS exams. I feel so overwhelmed with work and I just feel like I'm going to fail and I cant revise properly to actually help me remember it and I just dont know what to do
Original post by AnnaMossy
Im currently doing history, psychology and english literature and I'm sitting one history exam AS and both my psychology AS exams. I feel so overwhelmed with work and I just feel like I'm going to fail and I cant revise properly to actually help me remember it and I just dont know what to do

Relax!!
Calm down a bit and perhaps take a day off working and have a day to yourself.
And for revising
i suggest doing a **** load of papers because that is the best thing you can do in your position
make sure you are keeping on top of all your work and remember to take a breather once in a while
a levels are supposed to be tough, just dont let it bring you down too much :smile:
good luck with revision x
Reply 2
A Levels are really tough going and it can seem like its the most important thing in the world. If i could go back in time, I would tell my younger self to just relax a little bit more. Have you ever tried yoga or meditation? Its a great way to relax your mind and allow you to focus on what you think is important. You will be able to revise much better I think if you do take 20 mins a day just to meditate. I know it sounds a bit hippy and mad but it really does help. I know you can feel under a pressure and faced with too much work which in itself can make you feel overwhelmed but just take a deep breath.......

Good luck! x
Reply 3
Original post by clarz
A Levels are really tough going and it can seem like its the most important thing in the world. If i could go back in time, I would tell my younger self to just relax a little bit more. Have you ever tried yoga or meditation? Its a great way to relax your mind and allow you to focus on what you think is important. You will be able to revise much better I think if you do take 20 mins a day just to meditate. I know it sounds a bit hippy and mad but it really does help. I know you can feel under a pressure and faced with too much work which in itself can make you feel overwhelmed but just take a deep breath.......

Good luck! x

i used to do yoga when i was revising for my gcses and that really helped so I might give that a shot again, thanks! x
Reply 4
Original post by Hannah003
Relax!!
Calm down a bit and perhaps take a day off working and have a day to yourself.
And for revising
i suggest doing a **** load of papers because that is the best thing you can do in your position
make sure you are keeping on top of all your work and remember to take a breather once in a while
a levels are supposed to be tough, just dont let it bring you down too much :smile:
good luck with revision x

i think once i start using my free periods better in school i might not feel so behind with work, would you suggest the exam papers is the best way to revise?? x
i think once i start using my free periods better in school i might not feel so behind with work, would you suggest the exam papers is the best way to revise?? x

well once you 100% know the content, i think exam questions are the best way to go because its all about applying the knowledge youve learnt, and what better way to do that than endless questions.
but for learning the content i think flashcards or posters is a good idea.
also something that i wish i knew a little earlier is that if you have the syllabus for your lessons, then just make notes on a couple of chapters ahead so during the lessons you know what you need to do and you can understand it better
hope this helps
(also if it makes you feel better, all i do in my frees is eat a jar of nutella) :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Hannah003
well once you 100% know the content, i think exam questions are the best way to go because its all about applying the knowledge youve learnt, and what better way to do that than endless questions.
but for learning the content i think flashcards or posters is a good idea.
also something that i wish i knew a little earlier is that if you have the syllabus for your lessons, then just make notes on a couple of chapters ahead so during the lessons you know what you need to do and you can understand it better
hope this helps
(also if it makes you feel better, all i do in my frees is eat a jar of nutella) :smile:

i like the nutella idea haha! thanks for your help:h:
This is just 'Teary girly mode'. Many girls face it - They find it hard to study, so they worry and think "I'm going to fail this test, then flunk out of school and end up alone on the streets unloved!"

It's all right. :wink: Everyone does it. Just walk up to your Dad(Or significant other), tell them to take your face in their hands and tell you everything will be all right and mean it. Have him hug you.

You're clearly brilliant. Everything is going to be all right.
Reply 8
Original post by ThatOldGuy
This is just 'Teary girly mode'. Many girls face it - They find it hard to study, so they worry and think "I'm going to fail this test, then flunk out of school and end up alone on the streets unloved!"

It's all right. :wink: Everyone does it. Just walk up to your Dad(Or significant other), tell them to take your face in their hands and tell you everything will be all right and mean it. Have him hug you.

You're clearly brilliant. Everything is going to be all right.

you're defo right because i almost cried reading that haha! sadly my dad isn't around to do that but i do like you're approach haha!
you're defo right because i almost cried reading that haha! sadly my dad isn't around to do that but i do like you're approach haha!

His loss. Just know that this isn't the end of the world, things are going to turn out fine and that you aren't alone. A few years from now, you'll be graduating university, putting on that cap and gown and being cheered by hundreds. Then, you'll be anywhere you like - Maybe you'll decide to teach English in Thailand for a few years, sitting on a beach with one of those drinks with the funny umbrellas.

Maybe you'll decide you want a house and a place to eventually tell your own daughter the same thing - That she's going to do amazingly, that she's brilliant and that this isn't the end.

Either way, I know what you're going through. :smile: It's okay.
Reply 10
Original post by ThatOldGuy
His loss. Just know that this isn't the end of the world, things are going to turn out fine and that you aren't alone. A few years from now, you'll be graduating university, putting on that cap and gown and being cheered by hundreds. Then, you'll be anywhere you like - Maybe you'll decide to teach English in Thailand for a few years, sitting on a beach with one of those drinks with the funny umbrellas.

Maybe you'll decide you want a house and a place to eventually tell your own daughter the same thing - That she's going to do amazingly, that she's brilliant and that this isn't the end.

Either way, I know what you're going through. :smile: It's okay.

literally that means so much man, thank you the world.

Quick Reply

Latest