The Student Room Group

A police man stopped me.

So today I had school for a while because my gcses are coming up so we have extra classes and stuff so I was coming home waiting for the bus. And then a police car approaches and he stops and gets out and asks me some dumb questions. This is in south london by the way i'm black as well and I had my hood up cause it's kind of cold then he stops me and he was like "What's your name" I told him then he was like "Where do you live" I gave him a rough location then I was like I just came back from school and then he was like "Do you have a sister?" I was like no then he walked and drove off.
This was a weird experience because it's the first time i've been stopped by police and i'm not even a bad kid...
Racism..?

Scroll to see replies

I would have asked him what business it was of his
Why did he ask if you had a sister?
Reply 3
Original post by 11salmaa
Why did he ask if you had a sister?

That's the dumbest part, I have a sister but I said no because I was so nervous and scared. I don't know what's going on in my area but why would you stop me to ask that???
You don't have to tell them anything. Pigs. Just start oinking at them.
Original post by 0lut0
That's the dumbest part, I have a sister but I said no because I was so nervous and scared. I don't know what's going on in my area but why would you stop me to ask that???

I think its completely weird to just stop someone ask a bunch of questions and leave. Isn't he supposed to tell you why he's asking the questions in the first place?
Reply 6
Original post by Mayhem™
I would have asked him what business it was of his

you will learn ...
(the had way too)
Reply 7
Original post by 11salmaa
I think its completely weird to just stop someone ask a bunch of questions and leave. Isn't he supposed to tell you why he's asking the questions in the first place?

Nope, he didn't tell me why he was asking these questions he just approached me and started asking weird questions.
Reply 8
Right now i'm still quite shaken.
Original post by 0lut0
Right now i'm still quite shaken.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by DiddyDec
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's funny?
Reply 11
Original post by 0lut0
Racism..?

Now why would that have been your immediate conclusion?
Reply 12
Original post by Reue
Now why would that have been your immediate conclusion?

Because i'm Black and he's white and I didn't do anything.
Reply 13
Original post by 0lut0
Because i'm Black and he's white and I didn't do anything.

Why on earth would that make him racist? People get stopped by the police all the time and for many different reasons.
Reply 14
Original post by Reue
Why on earth would that make him racist? People get stopped by the police all the time and for many different reasons.

And mine didn't have a reason...
He just saw a kid with a hood on and thought "He's up to no good" when infact I just put my hood on cause it's cold.
Original post by 0lut0
What's funny?

You.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by 0lut0
And mine didn't have a reason...

How do you know, did you ask him?

Original post by 0lut0
He just saw a kid with a hood on and thought "He's up to no good" when infact I just put my hood on cause it's cold.

Please let me know this week's lottery numbers because you're obviously psychic :wink:
Original post by Reue
How do you know, did you ask him?

Please let me know this week's lottery numbers because you're obviously psychic :wink:

So are you saying that someone is as likely to be randomly stopped by the police regardless of ethnicity?
Reply 18
Original post by dean01234
So are you saying that someone is as likely to be randomly stopped by the police regardless of ethnicity?

I'm saying it wasn't a random stop, more likely the police officer had a reason but did not disclose it.
Are you sure it was policeman?

I've seen some recent news about person who claimed to be one, and it also was a warning to all people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest