The Student Room Group

Is it too late to start revising?

Want/Need to get AAAA in math, biology, chem and physics

Scroll to see replies

Never too late. (Unless it's a week before lol)

Put the phone down and open your books :tongue:
Original post by AthiaKarim
Never too late. (Unless it's a week before lol)

Put the phone down and open your books :tongue:

ahhh okay thanks. do you think it is still possible to get those grades though?
It's never too late to start revising, what grades you get will be largely dependent on how hard you are willing to work for them/where you are now. Obviously if you're working well below the level of an A then you'll need to put in a lot of work to make the change, whereas if you're already working at that kind of level you won't have to put in as much
Reply 4
Unless the exam has already started, no...

Odd question.
Reply 5
Original post by banterlona222
ahhh okay thanks. do you think it is still possible to get those grades though?

Definitely with hard work and determination...knowing the knowledge helps also :wink: ! Are they linear?
Original post by samb1234
It's never too late to start revising, what grades you get will be largely dependent on how hard you are willing to work for them/where you are now. Obviously if you're working well below the level of an A then you'll need to put in a lot of work to make the change, whereas if you're already working at that kind of level you won't have to put in as much

Fair enough thanks
Original post by Ribenas
Definitely with hard work and determination...knowing the knowledge helps also :wink: ! Are they linear?

2 are, dropping one at the end of year and maths is not linear :smile:
No. Personally, I don't see the point in having started revision in like January or early February. I think this half-term onwards is a good point.
Original post by ivybridge
No. Personally, I don't see the point in having started revision in like January or early February. I think this half-term onwards is a good point.

that's reassuring thanks
Fair enough thanks

No worries, I normally start around easter time with proper revision
Never too late.
2 are, dropping one at the end of year and maths is not linear :smile:

You should be fine :smile:
Relax + revising your ass off = great grades

Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Are we talking May/June here? 😂 I know people that revised the week before and have got 4As. Heck, I revised a politics AS the day before and got an A.

You don't want too start tooooo early else you might forget, but equally not too late. Easter is probably the best time to buckle down to serious revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah may 18 but i literally know hardly anything
Original post by Ribenas
You should be fine :smile:
Relax + revising your ass off = great grades

Good luck :biggrin:

Thanks for all the responses. Not as worried now.
Do you go to school in america?
Also considering missing the two weeks of school after easter to revise? feel like i'd get more done? good idea or not

u talking about as exams or a levels?
that's reassuring thanks

No worries. I revised my AS Stuart unit (to take one example) in History for about a month, maybe a week or two extra, and got an A in it. I think revision is very personal. Sometimes it benefits you to start early and sometimes it doesn't. For me, it doesn't. For me, revising this early on is a waste of my time - I'm not going to remember all of it by June (A2).

Quick Reply

Latest