The Student Room Group

Is it too late to start revising?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sandvika
Do you go to school in america?

UK
Original post by banterlona222
ahhh okay thanks. do you think it is still possible to get those grades though?

Yes I do. As long as you revise well and not leave it too late. It's only mid February you have plenty of time.

Just don't leave it till last minute.
Also considering missing the two weeks of school after easter to revise? feel like i'd get more done? good idea or not

It's up to you. I personally hate revising in-school, I get nothing done. I like to do my own thing.
Original post by ivybridge
No worries. I revised my AS Stuart unit (to take one example) in History for about a month, maybe a week or two extra, and got an A in it. I think revision is very personal. Sometimes it benefits you to start early and sometimes it doesn't. For me, it doesn't. For me, revising this early on is a waste of my time - I'm not going to remember all of it by June (A2).

congrats on ur A and thank you
Original post by AthiaKarim
Yes I do. As long as you revise well and not leave it too late. It's only mid February you have plenty of time.

Just don't leave it till last minute.

thank you
Original post by Xenon17
u talking about as exams or a levels?

As
thank you

Relax and take it easy. Don't panic.
Work hard and you will do well.

Good luck. :smile:
Original post by AthiaKarim
Relax and take it easy. Don't panic.
Work hard and you will do well.

Good luck. :smile:

Original post by ivybridge
It's up to you. I personally hate revising in-school, I get nothing done. I like to do my own thing.

feel the same, cheers
UK

you calling it math not maths triggered me :banghead:
Original post by sandvika
you calling it math not maths triggered me :banghead:

typo :wink:
typo :wink:

Thank god
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Well what grades are you hitting at the moment/did hit in the mocks (if you've taken them yet)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

aced the core 1 mock. 75/75. got a C in biology god knows I literally don't know half of the syllabus, don't know any organic chemistry at all but did okay on the mock which was just physical(got C) didn't revise for any. Physics got a B without revision but this again is the easier section of the course. mainly worried about chem.
Reply 33
Want/Need to get AAAA in math, biology, chem and physics

For 4A's you have ample time. However, if you're aiming for 90UMS+ you're in trouble.
Original post by SANTR
For 4A's you have ample time. However, if you're aiming for 90UMS+ you're in trouble.

woops. even if i stay at home to revise from april 1st ( easter break starts) - may 18??
It's never too late :smile: Except if it's like the day before lol
Original post by TheMadHatteress
It's never too late :smile: Except if it's like the day before lol

thats what i did at GCSE lol
How can it possibly ever be "too late"?
Original post by SANTR

Not necessarily, I started at easter last year. Revision is a very individual thing so you can't really generalise and say that if he hasn't started by now he can't get 90+, because people are individuals and learn at different rates and in different ways to others
Also considering missing the two weeks of school after easter to revise? feel like i'd get more done? good idea or not

great idea, really. Especially since most schools don't give much study leave for AS

Quick Reply

Latest