The Student Room Group

Is it too late to start revising?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by banterlona222
thats what i did at GCSE lol

I think that's what everybody does at GCSE lol... But it sadly doesn't work for A Levels :frown:
never too late bro just do everything bit by bit, get some extra tuition or something :smile:
if you start now, you'll have loads of time to review everything in depth at least 5 times over. I made the mistake last year of putting it off till April and I didn't do as well as I had hoped I would. Plus, if you start early you'll be less likely to cram for the exam (well you wont need to but still) :smile:
Original post by ikhan94
never too late bro just do everything bit by bit, get some extra tuition or something :smile:

Original post by Amellia123
if you start now, you'll have loads of time to review everything in depth at least 5 times over. I made the mistake last year of putting it off till April and I didn't do as well as I had hoped I would. Plus, if you start early you'll be less likely to cram for the exam (well you wont need to but still) :smile:

cheers :smile:
Thanks for all the responses. Not as worried now.

hey, im doing the exact same subjects as you, and also in the same position of not having started revising yet.
first exam is the same aswell, core 1 18th may right ?
im aiming for AAAA aswell
what are you intending on dropping and what exam boards are you doing ?
Original post by Science_help
hey, im doing the exact same subjects as you, and also in the same position of not having started revising yet.
first exam is the same aswell, core 1 18th may right ?
im aiming for AAAA aswell
what are you intending on dropping and what exam boards are you doing ?

yes core 1 may 18, OCR for sciences, AQA for maths. What about you? Dropping Physics
yes core 1 may 18, OCR for sciences, AQA for maths. What about you? Dropping Physics

Maths, phys and chem aqa
Biology edexcel

Going to drop biology

what unis you thinking of going to ? and what course?
I'm doing exactly the same subjects as you and I haven't started revising yet! Will start tomorrow as I have mocks these next two weeks! If you want someone to chat to about them feel free to pm me!
I'm starting this week god knows I need to aiming for 2 A's a B and a C at this point because of how poor I did in mocks (2 C's and 2 E's) I know I can raise my C's to A's with proper revision and hoping I can raise my E's to a B in maths and I would be happy with a C in physics at this point because I am 100% dropping it end of this year.
P.S Doing Computing,Maths,Physics and Psychology for those that may ask,doing AS exams at the end of this year but all linear except Maths so don't count for next year but will effect predicted UCAS grade from what I understand.
Original post by AthiaKarim
Never too late. (Unless it's a week before lol)

Put the phone down and open your books :tongue:

You're right. I've left my first two to the last week, anybody look at my post next year, do not make the same mistake as me. Start revision (preferably) two months before. As tempting as procrastination is, it will be worth it.

If you're like me and always start far too late. Do effective sessions of cramming, not entirely optimal obviously, but with a little bit of luck, you could easily get a decent grade.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JQLeitch
You're right. I've left my first two to the last week, anybody look at my post next year, do not make the same mistake as me. Start revision (preferably) two months before. As tempting as procrastination is, it will be worth it.

If you're like me and always start far too late. Do effective sessions of cramming, not entirely optimal obviously, but with a little bit of luck, you could easily get a decent grade.

Yeah I prefer to revise and take my time rather than rush it. I'd want to do well and do it properly- not risk or jeprodise it.

I hope things work out fine with you, you'd never know with a bit of luck and learning everything in the time you had, you might've got a good grade! I sure it'll be fine

Good luck! X
I have 8 exams starting in 5 days, have not started revising yet. Here's hoping I can cram effectively.
Original post by AlexWellbelove
I have 8 exams starting in 5 days, have not started revising yet. Here's hoping I can cram effectively.

You doing A Levels?
Original post by JQLeitch
You doing A Levels?

AS level, 2 exams per subject.

Quick Reply

Latest