The Student Room Group

I don't get crushes any more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tinemither
I seemingly float in and out of asexuality, demisexuality and heterosexuality while permanently remaining demiromantic. While I don't experience love as an emotion or develop crushes, I find my sexuality to change from nil to one where I only desire lustful actions with those closest to me and finally to the mindset of pure lust for most/all women. It's disgusting, especially how the idea of intimacy repulses me to the greatest extremes.

Romantically, I am demi (As previously stated). More specifically, hetero-demiromantic. I would gladly do anything romantically set, yet can't bring myself to more than that. Maybe I'm too awkward or socially withdrawn to, but all I know is my body stops me. 18 next week, never kissed anyone. Not even my mother...

What are you waiting for? Get in there!
Original post by nohomo

Dear god, I've only gone and put out something sounding like an Oediapus complex... :P You know what I mean though, right?
Reply 22
Dear god, I've only gone and put out something sounding like an Oediapus complex... :P You know what I mean though, right?

Yep :smile:
I've never had a crush.
I seemingly float in and out of asexuality, demisexuality and heterosexuality while permanently remaining demiromantic. While I don't experience love as an emotion or develop crushes, I find my sexuality to change from nil to one where I only desire lustful actions with those closest to me and finally to the mindset of pure lust for most/all women. It's disgusting, especially how the idea of intimacy repulses me to the greatest extremes.

Romantically, I am demi (As previously stated). More specifically, hetero-demiromantic. I would gladly do anything romantically set, yet can't bring myself to more than that. Maybe I'm too awkward or socially withdrawn to, but all I know is my body stops me. 18 next week, never kissed anyone. Not even my mother...

Lol to the bit in bold.

I used to think I was asexual hetero-romantic, but I was demisexual for someone for a while. I am back to asexual as I do not have a strong emotional bond with anyone at the moment.
That's too deep man
Original post by Eternalflames
Lol to the bit in bold.

I used to think I was asexual hetero-romantic, but I was demisexual for someone for a while. I am back to asexual as I do not have a strong emotional bond with anyone at the moment.

Nothing funnuer than unintended Oediapus complexes.

The issue is to say... Could we both be A or Demi? After all, we seem to develop the strong bonds with other individuals we grow very close to. That is the defining trait between A and Demi. But then again, could it be that we are A and occasionally flitter between? Thus poising the question of orientation fluidity and such.
Reply 27
Original post by nohomo

I'm crying at this post.

Someone break down these new sexuality terms please. I'm up to speed with asexuality. What is demi- romantic/sexuality?
Nothing funnuer than unintended Oediapus complexes.

The issue is to say... Could we both be A or Demi? After all, we seem to develop the strong bonds with other individuals we grow very close to. That is the defining trait between A and Demi. But then again, could it be that we are A and occasionally flitter between? Thus poising the question of orientation fluidity and such.

I believe we are A but flitter to the demi part when the emotional bonds are there. The outward label given is demi, but we feel asexual almost always otherwise.
Original post by CCC75
I'm crying at this post.

Someone break down these new sexuality terms please. I'm up to speed with asexuality. What is demi- romantic/sexuality?

Demisexuality is when you feel sexual attraction only after a strong emotional bond is present.
From what i can tell, women you've encountered so far just doesn't float your boat.
I believe we are A but flitter to the demi part when the emotional bonds are there. The outward label given is demi, but we feel asexual almost always otherwise.

I'd agree, to be honest. Siding with the majority. Besides, I have my reasons for being A, unlike most. Some may just feel that way, but I have solid reasons why I am A. Just because... :L I require reasoning for everything
Reply 32
It's a good thing don't complain. Crushes suck, it literally destroys lives.
That's because you haven't me. :sexface:
Reply 34
Hahaha, gender identity and sexuality are two different things. I'm sure Caitlyn Jenner will stay a female until she dies :biggrin:

oh right ok x'D
Original post by z33
oh right ok x'D

Yeah because apparently she was starting to say she's attracted to men now, so her sexuality has changed.
Reply 36
Yeah because apparently she was starting to say she's attracted to men now, so her sexuality has changed.

maybe she's just bisexual o_o ?
Original post by z33
maybe she's just bisexual o_o ?

Who knows man, this gender identity+sexuality changes get slightly confusing after a while haha :biggrin:
Reply 38
Who knows man, this gender identity+sexuality changes get slightly confusing after a while haha :biggrin:

it does x'D
oh well why do we have to label everything you do you maynnn

Quick Reply

Latest