The Student Room Group

University of Toronto with these grades?

Scroll to see replies

It's ranked quite low overall because it doesn't have a lot of faculties, but its ranked really high worldwide in its main faculties of engineering and science, so i've heard its very hard to get into those faculties. Unfortunately, I've applied to just those exact faculties. :/

Original post by Inkfigment
I've heard UWaterloo is a pretty easy institution to get into.
Reply 21
Original post by KyleBroflovski
It's ranked quite low overall because it doesn't have a lot of faculties, but its ranked really high worldwide in its main faculties of engineering and science, so i've heard its very hard to get into those faculties. Unfortunately, I've applied to just those exact faculties. :/

I think it should still be easier than both McGill and UofT. Fingers crossed, I guess. We can never really tell for sure.
I think it should still be easier than both McGill and UofT. Fingers crossed, I guess. We can never really tell for sure.

You'd be sorely mistaken if you think Waterloo is easy to get into.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/insight/the-5-toughest-undergrad-programs-in-canada-to-get-210150421.html

Competitiveness is absolutely based on program, there are a few select programs in Canada that all Canadian students go for and often choosing a slightly different program with a different name makes a huge difference in competitiveness.

Waterloo is absolute top in Canada for its Software Engineering and its CS programs. Its very well known in this area because it has an amazing co-op program that places students in very top american firms, it is held in very high regard in Silicon Valley.

Waterloo also has competitive pharmacy and optometry programs, but if you want to get into arts then you probably don't need very good grades.

Every university is good in Canada, but not every program at every school is good, there is no single university that everyone wants to get into like Oxbridge is in the UK. There are programs that people want to get into for sure and its often because these programs have the highest success rates of getting their graduates into great careers.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have an offer for U of T, Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Trinity College, anyone else?
Reply 24
Original post by coolguy123456
I have an offer for U of T, Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Trinity College, anyone else?

Congratulations to you! Did you do A levels?
Congratulations to you! Did you do A levels?

I did yeah.
Congrats to the UT offer.
Hi all,
I'm looking to apply to UoT after getting my AS results next week.
Did any of you apply for a sports scholariship?
Does anyone know if your able to apply as an Athlete or apply for a sports scholarship within your application?
Thanks.
Original post by 10lloydj
Hi all,
I'm looking to apply to UoT after getting my AS results next week.
Did any of you apply for a sports scholariship?
Does anyone know if your able to apply as an Athlete or apply for a sports scholarship within your application?
Thanks.

For an incoming student, you have to be recruited in order to receive a scholarship.

Otherwise, you will have to be a registered student and apply online - need to be a permanent resident of Ontario.
Original post by zombiejon
For an incoming student, you have to be recruited in order to receive a scholarship.

Otherwise, you will have to be a registered student and apply online - need to be a permanent resident of Ontario.

Is it possible to be recruited after contacting the sports coaches?
Original post by 10lloydj
Is it possible to be recruited after contacting the sports coaches?

Possible. You will need some footage of yourself performing/playing.
Hi,

A-Level: AAA - in Maths, Computing and Business Studies.
GCSE: 10 A*-C - including A* in Computing and A in Maths.

- What does a standard Uk offer look like?
- Would I likely be accepted?
- Would I need to do any more exams??

(Thinking of majoring in Computer Science)

Original post by coolguy123456
I did yeah.

what did you get in your o levels and a levels and please specify subs
Hi guys , I am applying to UofT this fall with 7A's 1B in my o levels and 3A's(Eco,Business,Accouting) and 1 B(Maths) in my AS . I am applying to one of these programs ; Financial Economics, Finance and Economics, Accounting Is it possible to get into any of those courses with these grades ?
Hi guys ,
I am applying to UofT with with 7A's 1 B in my O'levels and 3A's 1B in my AS Level Examinations ( Eco, Acc,Business and B in Maths)
The program that i am interested is Finance and Economics, Financial Economics, Accounting .
Is it possible to get into any of these programs with these grades ?
Reply 35
Original post by chillaxxerr
Hi guys ,
I am applying to UofT with with 7A's 1 B in my O'levels and 3A's 1B in my AS Level Examinations ( Eco, Acc,Business and B in Maths)
The program that i am interested is Finance and Economics, Financial Economics, Accounting .
Is it possible to get into any of these programs with these grades ?

I think you should be just fine!
Hi there,

Could I get into University of Toronto with average GCSE grades (3As, 5Bs, 2Cs) but good A Level predictions/grades (A*AA)? The website doesn't provide specific requirements, all it says is 5 GCSEs and 3 A levels. I hope to study an Economics Degree.

Also, what else would need to be done when applying?

Thanks
Reply 37
Original post by r.mehtaa
Hi there,

Could I get into University of Toronto with average GCSE grades (3As, 5Bs, 2Cs) but good A Level predictions/grades (A*AA)? The website doesn't provide specific requirements, all it says is 5 GCSEs and 3 A levels. I hope to study an Economics Degree.

Also, what else would need to be done when applying?

Thanks

Hey,

Good A-level results would do a great deal to give you an offer. But do you have AS level results to go with that? That would be promising. For example, getting aaa for AS with high As would totally make it look like you're going to make those A*AA reuslts. If you don't have those AS level results but you have good in-school results, that should be okay too, I guess. But a good AS result would be solid evidence that you can reach those A*AA results. But also, if you don't make those results by a huge margin, I don't think they'd have a super strong GCSE result to fall back to. So make sure you make those A-level results! This is because it's not just about getting the offer, it's also about keeping the offer. But definitely go ahead, I'm sure you'll get an offer :smile:
Hey,

Good A-level results would do a great deal to give you an offer. But do you have AS level results to go with that? That would be promising. For example, getting aaa for AS with high As would totally make it look like you're going to make those A*AA reuslts. If you don't have those AS level results but you have good in-school results, that should be okay too, I guess. But a good AS result would be solid evidence that you can reach those A*AA results. But also, if you don't make those results by a huge margin, I don't think they'd have a super strong GCSE result to fall back to. So make sure you make those A-level results! This is because it's not just about getting the offer, it's also about keeping the offer. But definitely go ahead, I'm sure you'll get an offer :smile:

Hi there. Basically, I'm studying the new A-Level specifications which don't have AS exams. Everything is linear, so our predicted grades are based upon mock examinations and performance throughout the year. That's what it is.
Reply 39
I got into McGill last year with AAAA for AS (although I rejected the offer). As far as I remember, they didn't mind resits, according to a friend.
But it was for Biomedical Sciences (also competitive though).
Do send the IELTS results! It's not like it was a bad grade :smile:Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending