The Student Room Group

Should lasers be banned in the UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
Most birds of prey are 'preprogrammed' to attack other birds from underneath their prey so that they can't fight back. Seems to work so far.

fair enough.
Original post by TeeEm
no wonder you are getting banned ...

That isn't a red card offence and I have a clean record.
Reply 82
Original post by DiddyDec
That isn't a red card offence and I have a clean record.

I was referring to your past record...
Our paths rarely cross and in the few times you have spoken to me you come across as very unpleasant with your snide offensive "smart" comments, which clearly at times you cannot control ...
All the best to you !!
This was a joke thread right?
The Kind of lasers in question are already banned
We are not talking about 9.99 laser pointers or laser levels

Suggesting that they have legitimate uses is daft. If you need to use lasers that are high power, you already have stringent rules that apply. University labs take laser safety very seriously

Using one to attempt to blind a pilot is akin to using a firearm to bring down a plane, but people are buying them on the net as weapons

They should receive a high penalty
Original post by TeeEm
I was referring to your past record...
Our paths rarely cross and in the few times you have spoken to me you come across as very unpleasant with your snide offensive "smart" comments, which clearly at times you cannot control ...
All the best to you !!

My fingers have minds of their own, I just can't control what I type.

Did I offend you? Would you like to file a complaint?
Reply 86
My fingers have minds of their own, I just can't control what I type.

Did I offend you? Would you like to file a complaint?

Me offended?
I hardly going to be offended by you.
Original post by TeeEm
Me offended?
I hardly going to be offended by you.

You really should have stayed in school with grammar like that.
Reply 88
You really should have stayed in school with grammar like that.

As you are clearly an immature individual and you must have the last word (or last post here) , I will leave you to do so and I will not bother to reply back.
You are a talentless, bitter person.
Good luck.
Original post by TeeEm
As you are clearly an immature individual and you must have the last word (or last post here) , I will leave you to do so and I will not bother to reply back.
You are a talentless, bitter person.
Good luck.

Cheers buddy.
Original post by Drewski
In fairness though, model aircraft have existed for decades, they've never been used to attack planes - and are much more capable of taking a payload up with them - so the sudden obsession with drones is a touch perplexing.

that makes sense. i guess one factor is the cheapness of drones ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WANGSCANIS®-Quadcopter-Switchable-Controller-Helicopter/dp/B01A86OVE6/ref=sr_1_65?ie=UTF8&qid=1455565193&sr=8-65&keywords=drone+with+camera

this seems to be the cheapest !
They're important for physics experiments though

Yeah, but that's tiny. It wouldn't be able to reach the heights that aircraft do, the controllers wouldn't have the range and it wouldn't do much damage in the first place. People are more worried about the larger ones, the kinds that are around £400 or so.
You seriously call not being allowed a stupid laser pointer "suffering".

1st world problems much
No. When they are used in the malicious manner described in the report they are already banned under the offensive weapons act. By banning there purchase entirely all you are doing is harming the legitimate majority and ultimately most likely not harming the illegitimate minority who will most likely just purchase them using illegal means regardless of law.
Original post by CAElite
No. When they are used in the malicious manner described in the report they are already banned under the offensive weapons act. By banning there purchase entirely all you are doing is harming the legitimate majority and ultimately most likely not harming the illegitimate minority who will most likely just purchase them using illegal means regardless of law.

A lot of the time, it's due to kids being idiots. I think they should put more stringent age laws for lasers, although not ban them completely.
Reply 96
The stronger lasers should be legislated against and regulated so that only people who need them can posses them.
It should also be pointed out that planes aren't always at 30,000 feet so even the weaker ones could possibly bring down a plane, especially considering these are more likely to be in a cockpit at take off or landing the 2 most dangerous times of a flight.
Reply 97
Original post by greatguy163
Do you say the same about guns?

I would, yes.
I don't live in the UK but that is pretty dumb.
"Oh, no! These bright red lasers are a threat to society. Blame them all." Lol. When has a harmless laser killed someone?
(edited 8 years ago)
How many planes have crashed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending