The Student Room Group

Is it weird to not wear pyjamas at home?

Basically at home I live with my parents and my older bro. My parents wear old clothes at home.

When I get home, I usually take off my outside clothes and stay in my boxers and my bro does the same. We don't have pyjamas because my parents said that there's no point wearing them since we're not little kids or anything and we never really cared much about it. But my friends all wear them and think it's a bit unusual. Is this really the case? I always though that there was no point.

Btw, the ones I wear are like these ones but not as tight (people keep posting about the issue of your **** hanging out but as you can see it's not true): http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0197071022.html
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's not weird just slobby.
I wear pjs. They're fun. They're cool. Especially when they're spongebob ones. You should invest in some :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Trapz99
Basically at home I live with my parents and my older bro. My parents wear old clothes at home.

When I get home, I usually take off my outside clothes and stay in my boxers and my bro does the same. We don't have pyjamas because my parents said that there's no point wearing them since we're not little kids or anything and we never really cared much about it. But my friends all wear them and think it's a bit unusual. Is this really the case? I always though that there was no point.

Pyjamas aren't a necessity, so it's not really weird.

When I get home I would change into more comfortable clothes, e.g. from jeans to tracksuit (Adidas, not Puma, bruv). I then change into pyjamas when it is sleepy time.
Reply 4
Original post by xobeauty
It's not weird just slobby.

Really? Why though?
I can't stand wearing pjs around the house! I'm fully dressed like I'm going out, even if I'm not :tongue:
Reply 6
Only reason I dont wear just boxers is incase my n*b accidently falls out when I climb the stairs or go to sit down lmfaoooooo
Reply 7
Original post by AthiaKarim
I wear pjs. They're fun. They're cool. Especially when they're spongebob ones. You should invest in some :smile:

Yeah that would be more comfortable for winters I guess. I have spongebob socks though for school.
I've not lived with family in 8 years but in general I wear trackies when I'm dossing around the house and boxers/nothing in bed :borat:
Original post by Trapz99

letting your dong hang free in your pants with your bro with this music in the background

[video="youtube;iPrnduGtgmc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPrnduGtgmc[/video]

Spoiler

Original post by Trapz99
Yeah that would be more comfortable for winters I guess. I have spongebob socks though for school.

OMG you're so cool! I want those socks!
And don't you get cold when you're just in boxers? How are you coping :O
I haven't had pyjamas since I was 7...
Original post by Trapz99
Really? Why though?

It's how I was raised. Technically there's nothing wrong with it but..
Reply 13
If I was a boy I'd probably do the same, free the skin lol
Not sure about showing my chest tho, but thats probably just my girl instincts xD

I just wear nighties when Im at home, and put on a robe if I go downstairs to see my parents
Reply 14
Original post by AthiaKarim
OMG you're so cool! I want those socks!
And don't you get cold when you're just in boxers? How are you coping :O

Yeah it is pretty cold now especially becaus the central heating at home is pretty awful, but what can you do. It's usually manageable and in the summer it's an advantage to not have to wear any actual clothes apart from essentials.

the socks aren't actually allowed in my school (black socks only) but no one obeys that rule anyway lol I am such a lad
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Ekno
Only reason I dont wear just boxers is incase my n*b accidently falls out when I climb the stairs or go to sit down lmfaoooooo

Lol there are thicker boxers you know that don't show your **** haha
Original post by Trapz99

I personally have pyjamas and get changed into comfortable clothes for the day. I don't think it's necessarily unusual because as other people have said, it's not a necessity. I also thought I was part of a minority :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I walk around in my underwear at home.
P.S. And no I don't live my parents :smile:
Original post by iKiss.
I walk around in my underwear at home.
P.S. And no I don't live my parents :smile:

DE
Reply 19
Original post by Trapz99
Lol there are thicker boxers you know that don't show your **** haha

hahaha i need that freedom the thin, small ones give though