The Student Room Group

Foundation for very pale skin?

I am practically a vampire. Put it this way I had the 'colour match' thing done in Boots and even their palest was 'too yellow' for me according to the lady.

I need a reasonably priced pale foundation? Any advice? D:

Scroll to see replies

I also have really pale skin and I've been wanting to try this foundation for a while so it might be worth trying out?

https://uk.lush.com/products/jackie-oates
Reply 2
ivory rose (unsure of brand) is rather pale
Original post by Blondie987
I also have really pale skin and I've been wanting to try this foundation for a while so it might be worth trying out?

I'll certainly check it out next time I'm in the city! 'English rose' oh gosh the amount of times I get 'you'd have been considered very pretty 200 years ago' as if that's some sort of compliment!
Reply 4

i didnt know they did foundation!! :O
Ask this guy.

Have you tried Estee Lauder Double Wear? It's a little pricey however I find a bottle lasts me quite some time, and they have a load of different shades. I have very pale skin but even their palest is too pale for me, so I use a couple of shades up from that.
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
I'll certainly check it out next time I'm in the city! 'English rose' oh gosh the amount of times I get 'you'd have been considered very pretty 200 years ago' as if that's some sort of compliment!

I've tried some of lush make up already and it seems good quality and also cruelty free! :biggrin: that is so rude, all skin colours are beautiful, don't listen to the hater lol probably just jealous :u:
Original post by TeaWolf
Have you tried Estee Lauder Double Wear? It's a little pricey however I find a bottle lasts me quite some time, and they have a load of different shades. I have very pale skin but even their palest is too pale for me, so I use a couple of shades up from that.

I guess if nothing else works I could try this, I'm not the sort to wear it everyday (luckily have pretty okay skin that only needs some concealer to be 'passable') so a bottle would probably last me a very long time
Original post by shawtyb
i didnt know they did foundation!! :O

Yup! And cruelty free :h:
crush white chalk into powder and mix it with gelatin and a tablespoon of hot water
Yup! And cruelty free :h:

lush is the best!!
Original post by shawtyb
lush is the best!!

Agreed :yep:
Max Factor is usually really good for pale skin. I use the 3 in 1 foundation and it comes out practically white <3
Reply 14
Hey if it was too yellow you may have more pink tones in your skin , if your looking at drugstore ones try borjour, loreal or max factor they do tones for lighter skin

If you decided later to invest in something else try estee lauder double wear or bare minerals.

I would recommend trying it on the Chin to neck and put three different colours next to each other and see if you can look at it in natural light . Places like Fenwick, John Lewis and boots always seem to have artifical lighting . So don't be afraid to ask for samples try them and look in natural light or even get them to write the names down.

Hope this helps
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
I am practically a vampire. Put it this way I had the 'colour match' thing done in Boots and even their palest was 'too yellow' for me according to the lady.

I need a reasonably priced pale foundation? Any advice? D:
Reply 15
I found that the Rimmel Match Perfect is quite good, shade 010 light porcelain (the lightest shade).
seventeen stay time foundation do light shades

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the foundations previously mentioned in this thread have been too dark for me. The only one to match my skin is revlon colour stay in the lightest shade, or I found a powder foundation online from lilylolo that have very pale shades which also work for me! Both are reasonably priced. With regards to higher end I find nars are the only brand that I can get a match.
I have extremely pale skin and I use autograph illuminating touch foundation in the shade ivory it's amazing with great coverage
Reply 19
Seventeen Stay Time in the lightest shade is really light and full coverage, and its about £6! If not, Blue Banana and probably Amazon too, do white foundation that you can mix in with another foundation to lighten it - and its really cheap :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending