The Student Room Group

Guys, what is your ideal height for a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellie0497
Why do nearly all guys prefer a girl to be shorter than them?

It seems to be principally a dominance thing.
Original post by Amonute
I've kind of noticed that, yeah! everywhere I go... and yes, I prefer taller men but it is a preference, not a requirement of course :smile:

You must been tired of hearing all of the same questions day by day about your height, but I would probably ask you the same questions. It must feel amazing knowing the fact that you're that tall.
Reply 42
Original post by Al-Qamar
Fam this aint time for jokes. I will never forgive my midget parents for the height they gave me.

:laugh:

mkap pls :cry:
Why do nearly all guys prefer a girl to be shorter than them?

The same reason why nearly all girls prefer a guy to be taller than them. Evolution by natural selection. You should check Darwin out, he was pretty sick. Equally, you could read a GCSE biology textbook, or do a quick Google search.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Al-Qamar
mkap pls :cry:

i didnt know whether you was being serious or genuine lmao

Spoiler

Not bothered by height, I find a good looking face much more important.
Reply 47
Original post by Black Cat
You must been tired of hearing all of the same questions day by day about your height, but I would probably ask you the same questions. It must feel amazing knowing the fact that you're that tall.

Haha, amazing? not really. I don't hate my height but don't love it either. Sometimes it is hard to feel feminine when you are significantly taller than all your girlfriends and most guys. It feels nice to hang out with tall people and not feel like a giant!

I know it sounds silly, but I have this memory from when I was about five-six years old or so. One of my teachers was so incredibly tall. One day I told him that I wanted to be as tall as he was, and he just smiled and said 'oh, you will'. When I turned about seven-eight I started growing very very fast... and all I could think of was that he had put some sort of spell on me or something :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by george-90
The same reason why nearly all girls prefer a guy to be taller than them. Evolution by natural selection. You should check Darwin out, he was pretty sick. Equally, you could read a GCSE biology textbook, or do a quick Google search.

I don't need to read a GCSE biology textbook.

I was just curious.
Also, I already know why many girls prefer a taller guy.
Honestly not so important but all other more important things aside. Same height as me/taller in heels. So 5'10 which is what my girlfriend is. Anything in the range of 5'9-5'11 would be a preference but it really isn't that important.
I don't need to read a GCSE biology textbook.

I was just curious.
Also, I already know why many girls prefer a taller guy.

Why ask the question then if you know the answer?

Most girls prefer taller guys because there is a greater allele frequency which is expressed as sexual attraction towards tallness in males than there is allele frequency which is expressed as sexual attraction towards shortness in males. And the opposite is true for males with respect to females.
Original post by george-90
Why ask the question then if you know the answer?

Most girls prefer taller guys because there is a greater allele frequency which is expressed as sexual attraction towards tallness in males than there is allele frequency which is expressed as sexual attraction towards shortness in males. And the opposite is true for males with respect to females.

I asked why do males prefer shorter girls.
Nonetheless, thank you for your response
a little shorter than myself so 5-2 to 5-7
Original post by thunder_chunky
Seven foot or taller. I like my women amazonian.

Attachment not found
I asked why do males prefer shorter girls.
Nonetheless, thank you for your response

The answer is the same. Allele frequencies within our species due to evolution.
Reply 55
7ft so she can chokeslam me like Kane
Original post by Amonute
Haha, amazing? not really. I don't hate my height but don't love it either. Sometimes it is hard to feel feminine when you are significantly taller than all your girlfriends and most guys. It feels nice to hang out with tall people and not feel like a giant!

I know it sounds silly, but I have this memory from when I was about five-six years old or so. One of my teachers was so incredibly tall. One day I told him that I wanted to be as tall as he was, and he just smiled and said 'oh, you will'. When I turned about seven-eight I started growing very very fast... and all I could think of was that he had put some sort of spell on me or something :tongue:

Well you have the perfect height for modelling I figured you would of said something like that, to you height isn't as nearly as important is it? I absolutely love my height would I want to be taller? Hell yes. What about yourself would you want to be taller than you are now? Height does a play a big factor on how you are perceived which is why being tall is considered a masculine trait. I suppose you're often seen as an authoritative figure or leader by default because of height?

I can see why you would find it hard to feel feminine around those of shorter height than you, but you shouldn't let that thought cross your mind too much. Height only plays small factor in femininity. There is a lot you can do to change how you are perceived by others.

Height is genetic and pretty much determined from a young age which your old teacher realised you must of stuck out a lot when you were younger. I bet shopping is a nightmare for you at times getting the right sizes and fitting.
Reply 57
Original post by Black Cat
Well you have the perfect height for modelling I figured you would of said something like that, to you height isn't as nearly as important is it? I absolutely love my height would I want to be taller? Hell yes. What about yourself would you want to be taller than you are now? Height does a play a big factor on how you are perceived which is why being tall is considered a masculine trait. I suppose you're often seen as an authoritative figure or leader by default because of height?

I can see why you would find it hard to feel feminine around those of shorter height than you, but you shouldn't let that thought cross your mind too much. Height only plays small factor in femininity. There is a lot you can do to change how you are perceived by others.

Height is genetic and pretty much determined from a young age which your old teacher realised you must of stuck out a lot when you were younger. I bet shopping is a nightmare for you at times getting the right sizes and fitting.

I've been told about modelling a lot, but I don't really like that world. Too superficial. And yeah I am percieved like that, but I guess it is because I have a strong initiative when it comes to group work or making decisions. I am such a Leo... jk. Height does probably contribute as well, aye.

Shopping is indeed a nightmare! I have very long legs, so jeans and trousers are always too short, and so are skirts. I don't have a belly, but my thighs are not skinny and my hips are very wide... so sometimes jeans won't fit/close! and shorts... oh shorts. Because of my thighs they look too tight on the leg, so when I find one that isn't too tight, it's a size 16-18 which looks massive on me because I don't have a belly. Sigh. The only thing I don't have trouble with are tops and dresses. Most of my tops are sizes 10, whilst my bottoms are sizes 14-16s. I hate shopping :h: and enough of my first world problem rants.

I guess your parents were very tall too? 6'3 is a great height for a man! in my opinion at least.
Reply 58
A common thing is just for her to be shorter than us (guys) in heels so anything less than 5'8? i know nothing about heels... (I'm 5'11)
Original post by Amonute
I've been told about modelling a lot, but I don't really like that world. Too superficial. And yeah I am percieved like that, but I guess it is because I have a strong initiative when it comes to group work or making decisions. I am such a Leo... jk. Height does probably contribute as well, aye.

Shopping is indeed a nightmare! I have very long legs, so jeans and trousers are always too short, and so are skirts. I don't have a belly, but my thighs are not skinny and my hips are very wide... so sometimes jeans won't fit/close! and shorts... oh shorts. Because of my thighs they look too tight on the leg, so when I find one that isn't too tight, it's a size 16-18 which looks massive on me because I don't have a belly. Sigh. The only thing I don't have trouble with are tops and dresses. Most of my tops are sizes 10, whilst my bottoms are sizes 14-16s. I hate shopping :h: and enough of my first world problem rants.

I guess your parents were very tall too? 6'3 is a great height for a man! in my opinion at least.

I find the modelling world interesting well at least the fashion not really the commercial part of it. You're right about the industry being superficial where you'd have to be at least 6'1 as a man or 5'10 for women to even qualify for modelling. That's not even half of the requirements that you need as race, build and another factors count towards whether you'll be a model or not.

Tell me about it I sometimes too struggle to find the correct sizes and like yourself was blessed with long limbs I used to be 30/34 in measurements for trousers/jeans and it has recently risen to 30/36. That's an unusual size for a guy as my waist is very slim and my legs are long and fairly skinny hence why I prefer to wear stretch skinnies. One good thing about it is that I only need to buy new jeans once a year or so, but finding them tends to be very difficult. I also have troubles finding formal wear as my build is slim and most suits tailored for men my height are for bigger men. I have to get my suits tailored so that it fits me properly which puts dents in my wallet :angry:

Talk about mismatches size 10 tops and size 14/16 jeans/trousers that must be hard to deal with, are you naturally big boned or slim and skinny like myself?

Both my parents are short surprisingly my height comes from my grandad on my dads side and thanks I love my height being 6'3 is pretty darn good :smile: would you date a man of my height or would you prefer someone taller?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending