The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mazzaion
When everyone is being allocated colleges and you're just sitting there like "yep, still waiting for a decision"

Me too...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by JamieOH
I applied for Butler and have been allocated to St Mary's which I personally didn't like at all, so much so that I don't think I will consider Durham any more... hopefully there is some way of changing.

Had you already firmed them? I'm still waiting for allocation but honestly it's the same quality of education no matter where you live - and most people move out in 2nd year anyway
Didn't get first choice. Allocated to Trevelyan. Looks quite nice. :smile:
I just go allocated to Grey's, and I'm a bit iffy about it :s-smilie:
Who knows much about it/put it as their first choice??
Original post by scratchedpaw
Had you already firmed them? I'm still waiting for allocation but honestly it's the same quality of education no matter where you live - and most people move out in 2nd year anyway

I had not firmed them, no.
Original post by JamieOH
I applied for Butler and have been allocated to St Mary's which I personally didn't like at all, so much so that I don't think I will consider Durham any more... hopefully there is some way of changing.

Good lord that's horrific, I have also applied for butler but don't think I've been allocated yet. Being allocated St mary's would make me cry, it was such an off putting college when i visited!
I firmed Durham on the 30th of Dec without really thinking there was a risk of being allocated a college I'd dislike after being told repeatedly at the open day that if you state a preferred college you have a high chance of getting in.

Now i'm terrified of being allocated somewhere I'd hate and not being able to do a thing about it arghh
I got allocated to Hild Bede. Anyone else?
I have an offer for Bsc Mathematics and allocated to University College. Anyone else same course/college? 😊
Very dumb question, but how do you know about your College?
Original post by EllenH27
I have an offer for Bsc Mathematics and allocated to University College. Anyone else same course/college? 😊

I'm MMaths but am waiting for allocation, had an offer since mid January and preference college is Hatfield
Reply 1791
Original post by sophie1998
yes im in this position! so frustrating

Especially now colleges are being allocated, feel like we're in such a disadvantaged position!
My son's been allocated to Grey and isn't very happy, can he ask to be re-allocated?
Original post by NimbleNeil
Good lord that's horrific, I have also applied for butler but don't think I've been allocated yet. Being allocated St mary's would make me cry, it was such an off putting college when i visited!

It really is. I could have cried. St Mary's is so depressing.
Original post by floraharai
I got allocated to Hild Bede. Anyone else?

I was allocated to St Hild and St Bede too. :smile:
Reply 1795
Received an offer today for Comp Sci, A in maths and B in either physics or further maths. Absolutely ecstatic! :smile:

No college allocation yet though.
Original post by Revenants
Very dumb question, but how do you know about your College?

I got an email from the college today :smile:
Original post by ombtom
I was allocated to St Hild and St Bede too. :smile:

:clap2: Is Durham your first choice? What is your yourse? :smile:
Got University College
I bet the selection is biased though... I'm international and they sound VERY desperate to get the international fee into their pocket

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floraharai
:clap2: Is Durham your first choice? What is your yourse? :smile:

I can't choose between Durham and St Andrews, but if I haven't decided by May then I'll probably go with Durham so that I'll actually have an insurance choice. :groovy: Physics; you?

Quick Reply

Latest